TNEA 2021 Eligibility Criteria should be fulfilled by the candidate before applying for the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission examination. Eligibility Criteria for the examination are available on the portal. Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) is a state conducted examination which nominates meritorious candidates admission in UG courses like B. Tech. Candidates can check the TNEA 2021 Eligibility Criteria from this article.
TNEA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates satisfying the TNEA 2021 eligibility conditions given below will only be eligible to apply. Passing the qualifying examination or changing the religion after the last date of submission of an online application shall not be considered.
The candidates will have to fulfill the below-mentioned criteria to apply for admission:
- Tamil Nadu candidates who have passed VIII - 12th standards from schools situated in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply.
- Tamil Nadu native candidates who have passed any of the standards from 8th - 12th or their equivalent examination from outside Tamil Nadu schools can also apply. On the condition that they will have to produce Original Nativity Certificate only in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate.
- Central Government Employees children may also apply, irrespective of their native, provided their parents or guardians (only if both parents are not alive) have been serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past 5 years at the time of submission of application. In support of this, the candidate will have to produce a certificate from the employer of the parent or guardian, to that effect at the time of original certificate verification at TFC.
- Children of employees in Public Sector or Government recognised Institutions employed in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past five years may also apply irrespective of their domicile. A certificate from the employer stating that the person is a Permanent Employee of the Firm or Institution concerned with evidence like Provident Fund, Slips, Income Tax return, etc. has to be produced at the time of original certificates verification at TFC.
- Children of All India service Tamil Nadu cadre officers are eligible to apply. A Self-declaration (by the parents) in this regard is to be produced at the time of counselling.
- Other State candidates who have studied VII-XII in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. But in this regard, they will need not produce a “Nativity Certificate”.
- As per G.O. (St) No.172 Higher Education, candidates who are Srilankan Tamil Refugee studied in Tamil Nadu will be considered under open competition, they will have to produce the Identification certificate from the Head Quarters Tahsildar and original passport, visa, and letter registered with Police Station.
Qualifying Examinations and Eligibility for TNEA B.E. / B. Tech. Degree
The academic qualification which applying candidates will have to fulfill are as follows. The candidates must have passed HSC or its equivalent with a minimum average percentage in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as mentioned below:
|General Category ||45%|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslim||40%|
|MBC & DNC (Most Backward Classes(MBC) and Denotified Communities(DNC) in Tamil Nadu)||40%|
Should have passed in any one of the HSC (Vocational Subject with any one of the Engineering subjects namely Physics, Chemistry, or Mathematics with a minimum average percentage put together as given below.
|General Category ||45%|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslim / MBC & DNC (Most Backward Classes(MBC) and Denotified Communities(DNC) in Tamil Nadu) / SC/SCA/ST candidates||40%|
Marine Engineering Branch Eligibility Criteria
Those who want to apply for admission in Marine Engg. will have to fulfill the below-mentioned criteria:
- As per the Director-General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping, Government of India, the candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English as a separate subject with minimum 60% marks in PCM.
- Further, a minimum of 50 % in English either at 10th or 12th standard is required for all the candidates.
- Other Requirements are -
- Minimum Weight 48 kg.
- Maximum age limit of 25 years.
- Minimum Height - 157 cm.
- Normal Colour vision.
TNEA 2021 Seat Reservations
The candidates will be given admission to various courses of TNEA based on the given below reservation criteria:
TNEA Seat reservations
|Backward Class Muslim||3.50%|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities||20%|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3%|