TS LAWCET 2023 or Telangana State PG Law Common Entrance Test will be conducted on Thursday, May 25 by the Osmania University, Hyderabad. The exam is conducted on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE), Hyderabad. Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test is conducted to offer admission to aspirants in 3 years and 5 years LLB courses offered in Universities of Telangana and their affiliated colleges. Read the complete article to know more about TS LAWCET 2023. Osmania University, Hyderabad started the applictaion process for TS LAWCET-2023 and TS PGLCET-2023 on March 2. The application process will end on April 6. Interested candidates will be able to apply online through the official website at lawcet.tsche.ac.in.
TS LAWCET 2023 Latest Updates
- The Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE) has opened the TS LAWCET and TS PGLCET application form correction window.
- Candidates who have already registered for TS LAWCET, PGLCET 2023 can correct the details on the application form until May 10.
- The correction window is available on the official website, lawcet.tsche.ac.in.
- To make corrections, candidates need to login using their registration number, payment reference number, qualification number, hall ticket number, mobile number, and date of birth.
- The Telangana CETs are conducted for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the colleges and universities of Telangana.
TS LAWCET 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check the important information of TS LAWCET 2023 from the below-mentioned table:
Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test 2023 Status
TS LAWCET 2023 Important Dates
Candidates can find important dates related to TS LAWCET 2023 from the given table below:
TS LAWCET 2023 Dates
|Release of notification||2 April 2023|
|Online registration starts||6 April 2023|
|Last date for registration|
16 June 2023
|Application correction window||5-12 July 2023|
|Downloading of hall tickets||15th July 2023|
21 July 2023 ( 3yr L.L.b course)
22 July 2023 ( 5 year L.L.b course)
|Release of preliminary answer key||26 July 2023|
|Last date to submit objections against the answer key||28 July 2023|
|Release of Final Answer and Result announcement||September 2023|
|Counseling begins||September 2023|
TS LAWCET 2023 Application Form
TS LAWCET 2023 application form
will be available from March 2023
on the official website of the exam. Candidates who want to appear for the exam and secure admission in five or three-year law Programmes at Telangana colleges can apply only in the online mode. Given below are the steps to fill the application form:
- STEP 1: Payment of application fee
Before filling the application form, candidates need to pay the registration fee. The Mode of Payment is given below:
- Net Banking (SBI/HDFC)
- Net Banking (Others)
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- TS Online
To pay the application fee through any of the above-mentioned methods, candidates need to click the “Application Fee Payment” button present on the website. On clicking the button, candidates will be redirected to another page that will ask for the below-mentioned details:
- Candidate's name
- Qualifying Examination Hall Ticket Number
- Date of Birth (as per SSC or Equivalent)
- Mobile Number
- Alternate Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Stream (LAWCET 3 YEARS/LAWCET 5 YEARS)
- Category (OC/BC_A/BC_B/BC_C/BC_D/BC_E/SC/ST)
- Payment Type (Net Banking (SBI/HDFC)/Net Banking (Others)/Credit Card/Debit Card
Once the details are filled in, candidates need to click the “Proceed to Payment” button present on the bottom of the page and make the payment through debit/ credit card. Candidates need to note down the “Payment reference number” mentioned on the top of the page. Also, candidates must note down the “Transaction ID” generated after the payment process is complete. These two IDs are essential for future reference.
Note: "In case of candidates account is debited and the website gets disconnected before payment receipt generation, kindly compulsory check the Payment Status using Payment Status option by providing the details. If candidates get the message "Payment Details Not Found", the candidate is requested to go for a fresh payment and the amount for the failed transaction will be refunded to their debited bank account in 5 working days", informs the official website.
TS LAWCET 2023 Registration Fee
- STEP 2: Filling the Application Form
After successful payment of the TS LAWCET application fee, candidates will be redirected to the page containing the application form. Here, candidates need to mention their details such as - Payment Reference ID, Qualifying Examination Hall Ticket No, Mobile Number, and Date of Birth. After filling in these details, aspirants need to click on the "Proceed to Fill Application Form" button.
Details that candidates need to fill in the application form are mentioned below:
- Candidate’s Details: This includes filling of details such as name, mother’s name, father’s name, date of birth, and gender.
- Qualifying Examination: In this column, candidates need to select their qualification [LLB/ Degree in any other stream/ Intermediate (10+2)] and specify all related information.
- Entrance Exam: This includes selecting the entrance exam that candidates want to give - TSPGLCET/ TS LAWCET- 5 Years/ TS LAWCET- 3 Years.
- Photo and Signature: Candidates need to upload their recent passport size digital colored photographs.
- Regional Centre to Appear for the Test: Here, candidates need to select their preference for the TS LAWCET exam centre from the drop-down list.
- Category: Candidates need to select a category - OC/ BC-A/ BC-B/ BC-C/ BC-D/ BC-E/ SC/ ST. Apart from these, candidates can also select the NCC/ CAP/ Sports if they are applying for admission under a special category.
- Local Area Status: Here, aspirants need to select from options such as – TS OU/ Residuary AP (AU/ SUV)/ Non-Local.
- Minority: Candidates belonging to the minority group need to select the “Minority” checkbox and candidates not belonging to the minority group need to select the “Non-minority” checkbox.
- Address: Aspirants need to provide their complete address with pin code.
- SSC or Equivalent (10th Class): It requires details such as a candidate’s SSC board name, hall ticket number, the month of passing the exam, years of passing the exam, and place of study.
- Physically Challenged
- Intermediate (12th Class
- Annual Income of Parents
After all the details are duly filled, candidates are required to select the checkbox given against “I accept the Terms & Conditions” and click the “Submit” button. After the application form is submitted, a Preview of the filled application form will appear on the screen. As the application process is complete, candidates can print the duly filled application form.
TS LAWCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
TS LAWCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria is mentioned below:
- Nationality: India Citizens, Telegana resident,
- Age: No age limit
- Education Qualification:
- For 3 Year's Integrated law Degree
The Candidates should have passed any (10+2+3 pattern) of a recognized University with 45% of aggregate marks for general category, 42% for OBC Category and 40% for SC/ST or any other examination recognized as equivalent.
- For 5 Year's Integrated law Degree
The Candidates should have passed the two-year Intermediate examination (10+2 pattern) of a recognized University with 45% of aggregate marks for general category, 42% for OBC Category, and 40% for SC/ST or any other examination recognized as equivalent.
Note: Candidates belonging to SC/ST category will be given 5% relaxation in aggregate percentage in the above-mentioned qualifying examinations. "The percentage of 39.5% or above in aggregate in Intermediate (10+2 Pattern) in case of candidates belongs to SC/ST category and 44.5% or above in aggregate in Intermediate (10+2 Pattern) in case of candidates belongs other categories will be considered as 40% and 45% for admission into LLB 5 year course", informs the official website.
TS LAWCET 2023 Exam Pattern
TS LAWCET 2023 Exam Pattern is mentioned below:
TS LAWCET 2023 Question Paper Pattern
Mode of Examination
Duration of Examination
90 minutes (1½ hours)
No. of Questions asked
Type of Questions
+1 for Correct and NO Negative Marking
Medium of examination
Section-wise division and normal questions is mentioned in the table below:
General Knowledge and Mental Ability
Aptitude for Study of Law
TS LAWCET 2023 Syllabus
There is no official syllabus prescribed for TS LAWCET 2023 exam. However, as per TSCHE Hyderabad officials, the standard of the question paper for 5 years Law Course admission is expected to be of Intermediate level and the standard for 3 years Law Course is expected to be of Degree Level.
The exam will be divided into three parts:
- General Knowledge and Mental Ability
- Current Affairs
- Aptitude for the Study of Law
The questions in Part-C, Aptitude for the study of Law, require candidates to have an elementary knowledge of the basic principles of the Law and Constitution of India. The test paper will comprise of objective-type questions including multiple-choice questions, matching items, etc. Each question asked in the exam will have four alternative answers (numbered as 1, 2, 3, and 4) and candidates have to select the correct answer from them.
TS LAWCET 2023 Admit Card
TS LAWCET Admit Card is issued by Osmania University, Hyderabad on the official website of the exam.
- TS LAWCET 2023 admit card will be released on the official website.
- Hall ticket for the exam is issued for only those candidates who have duly filled and submitted their application form for the law entrance exam.
- Candidates can download their hall ticket by entering their application number and date of birth on the official website of the law entrance exam.
Steps to Download the TS LAWCET 2023 Hall Ticket ?
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the TS LAWCET exam
- Step 2: Click on the “Halltickets” link
- Step 3: Enter the application number and date of birth (in Day/Month/Year format)
- Step 4: Click on the “Get Hall Ticket” button
- Step 5: Download the admit card
- Step 6: Take a print of the hall ticket
TS LAWCET 2023 Answer Key
Answer key of TS LAWCET 2023 will be released on the official website. It is provided in the pdf form along with the question paper.
- Whereas the response sheet will be released in login, candidates can download it by entering their registration number and date of birth.
- Using the answer key, the probable score can be calculated for the exam.
- In case candidates have any complain against the key, they can send the written objections along with supporting documents to the conducting body.
- Based on this, TSCHE prepares a final answer key to evaluate the result.
TS LAWCET 2023 Result
The details regarding the TS LAWCET Result 2023 are given below.
- TS LAWCET 2023 Result will be announced by Osmania University, Hyderabad on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE).
- Aspirants can view their results for Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test (TS LAWCET 2023) by providing their hall ticket number on the official website.
- The exam is usually conducted in May and the result is declared in June each year. In the TS LAWCET exam paper, aspirants need to attempt 120 questions in 90 minutes.
Steps to Check TS LAWCET 2023 Result ?
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the TS LAWCET exam
- Step 2: Click on the “Result” link
- Step 3: Enter TS LAWCET 2023 hall ticket number, registration number & date of birth.
- Step 4: Click on the Submit button
- Step 5: Download and save TS LAWCET result
TS LAWCET 2023 Counselling
TS LAWCET 2023 counseling round will be conducted by Osmania University, Hyderabad. After the results are declared, candidates need to appear for the Counselling round as per the Counselling schedule released by Osmania University on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE), Hyderabad.
- As part of the TS LAWCET counseling process, aspirants need to select their course and college of choice through web options available in the online mode.
- Only candidates who have a valid rank are eligible to take part in the Counselling round.
- Based on the Counselling round candidates are allotted seats for admission in law Programmes offered in the state of Telangana.
- Aspirants are informed that certificate verification, as well as web exercising options of the TS LAWCET counseling round, is conducted over seven days.
TS LAWCET 2023 Highlights
Candidates can check the basic information of TS LAWCET 2023 in the given below table:
TS LAWCET 2023 or Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test
Convener Osmania University
TSLAWCET Official website
|Mode of Exam|
Online (Computer Based Test)
To offer admission in various LAW Courses in Telangana State
About Osmania University
Osmania University was found in the year 1918, and it is a state university situated in University Town, Hyderabad. The university has been authorized by the NAAC with an ‘A+’ grade. The main campus of Osmania University is ranked 10th among the state universities by India Today. The candidates can choose from a variety of postgraduate, doctorate, postgraduate diploma, and research courses. It offers admission to both full-time and part-time courses.
Top Colleges Affiliated To Osmania University
- Indian Institute of Management and Commerce (IIMC)
- St. Ann’s College for Women
- Loyola Academy Degree and PG College
- Mahatma Gandhi Law College
- Culinary Academy of India
Incase of any doubts or queries in the TS LAWCET 2023, Candidates can ask us in the comments section.