TS LAWCET 2020 exam date is 09 October 2020. The admit card will be released on 03 October 2020 on the official website. Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test is being conducted by the Osmania University, Hyderabad on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE), Hyderabad through online mode. TS LAWCET is conducted to offer admission to aspirants in 3 years and 5 years LLB courses offered in Universities of Telangana and their affiliated colleges. Read the complete the article to know more about TS LAWCET 2020.
- Last Date for Submission & Registration of Online Application Form with Late Fee of Rs.4000/- is 20 September 2020.
- Date of Correction of online application data already submitted by the candidate is 20 - 25 September 2020.
- TS LAWCET 2020 examination is scheduled to be held on 09 October 2020.
- The admit card will be released on 03 October 2020.
TS LAWCET 2020 Admit Card
TS LAWCET 2020 admit card will be released soon on the official website. TS LAWCET Admit Card is issued by Osmania University, Hyderabad on the official website of the exam. Hall ticket for the exam is issued for only those candidates who have duly filled and submitted their application form for the law entrance exam. Candidates can download their hall ticket by entering their application number and date of birth on the official website of the law entrance exam.
Steps to Download the Hall Ticket
- Step 1: Visit the official website of TS LAWCET exam
- Step 2: Click on “Halltickets” link
- Step 3: Enter the application number and date of birth (in Day/Month/Year format)
- Step 4: Click on “Get Hall Ticket” button
- Step 5: Download the admit card
- Step 6: Take a print of the hall ticket
TS LAWCET 2020 Exam Pattern
TS LAWCET 2020 Exam Pattern is mentioned below:
TS LAWCET 2020 Question Paper Pattern
Mode of Examination
Duration of Examination
90 minutes (1½ hours)
No. of Questions asked
Type of Questions
+1 for Correct and NO Negative Marking
Medium of examination
Section-wise division is mentioned below:
General Knowledge and Mental Ability
Aptitude for Study of Law
TS LAWCET 2020 Syllabus
There is no official syllabus prescribed for TS LAWCET 2020 exam. However, as per TSCHE Hyderabad officials, the standard of the question paper for 5 years Law Course admission is expected to be of Intermediate level and the standard for 3 years Law Course is expected to be of Degree Level.
The exam will be divided into three parts:
- General Knowledge and Mental Ability
- Current Affairs
- Aptitude for the Study of Law
The questions in Part-C, Aptitude for the study of Law, require candidates to have an elementary knowledge of the basic principles of the Law and Constitution of India. The test paper will comprise of objective type questions including multiple-choice questions, matching items, etc. Each question asked in the exam will have four alternative answers (numbered as 1, 2, 3 and 4) and candidates have to select the correct answer from them.
TS LAWCET 2020 Result
TS LAWCET Result is announced by Osmania University, Hyderabad on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE). Aspirants can view their result for Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test 2020 (TS LAWCET 2020) by providing their hall ticket number on the official website. The exam is usually conducted in May and the result is declared in June each year. In TS LAWCET exam paper, aspirants need to attempt 120 questions in 90 minutes.
Steps to Check TS LAWCET 2020 Result
- Step 1: Visit the official website of TS LAWCET exam
- Step 2: Click on “Result” link
- Step 3: Enter TS LAWCET 2020 hall ticket number, registration number & date of birth.
- Step 4: Click on Submit button
- Step 5: Download and save TS LAWCET result
TS LAWCET 2020 Counselling
TS LAWCET 2020 counselling round is conducted by Osmania University, Hyderabad. After the results are declared, candidates need to appear for the Counselling round as per the Counselling schedule released by Osmania University on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE), Hyderabad.
As part of the TS LAWCET counselling process, aspirants need to select their course and college of choice through web options available in the online mode. Only candidates who have a valid rank are eligible to take part in the Counselling round. Based on the Counselling round candidates are allotted seats for admission in law Programmes offered in the state of Telangana.
Aspirants are informed that certificate verification, as well as web exercising options of TS LAWCET counselling round, is conducted over seven days.
TS LAWCET 2020 Application Form
TS LAWCET 2020 application form
was available from 06 March 2020
on the official website of the exam. The last date to submit the application form with late fees has been extended till 25 July 2020
. Candidates who want to appear for the exam and secure admission in five or three-year law Programmes at Telangana colleges can apply only in the online mode. Given below are the steps to fill the application form:
- STEP 1: Payment of application fee
Before filling the application form, candidates need to pay the registration fee. The Mode of Payment is given below:
- Net Banking (SBI/HDFC)
- Net Banking (Others)
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- TS Online
To pay the application fee through any of the above-mentioned methods, candidates need to click the “Application Fee Payment” button present on the website. On clicking the button, candidates will be redirected to another page which will ask for the below-mentioned details:
- Candidate's name
- Qualifying Examination Hall Ticket Number
- Date of Birth (as per SSC or Equivalent)
- Mobile Number
- Alternate Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Stream (LAWCET 3 YEARS/LAWCET 5 YEARS)
- Category (OC/BC_A/BC_B/BC_C/BC_D/BC_E/SC/ST)
- Payment Type (Net Banking (SBI/HDFC)/Net Banking (Others)/Credit Card/Debit Card
Once the details are filled, candidates need to click the “Proceed to Payment” button present on the bottom of the page and make the payment through debit/ credit card. Candidates need to note down the “Payment reference number” mentioned on the top of the page. Also, candidates must note down the “Transaction ID” generated after the payment process is complete. These two IDs are essential for future reference.
Note: "In case of candidates account is debited and the website gets disconnected before payment receipt generation, kindly compulsory check the Payment Status using Payment Status option by providing the details. If candidates get the message "Payment Details Not Found", the candidate is requested to go for a fresh payment and the amount for the failure transaction will be refunded to their debited bank account in 5 working days", informs the official website.
TS LAWCET 2020 Registration Fee
- STEP 2: Filling the Application Form
After successful payment of TS LAWCET application fee, candidates will be redirected to the page containing the application form. Here, candidates need to mention their details such as - Payment Reference ID, Qualifying Examination Hall Ticket No, Mobile Number and Date of Birth. After filling these details, aspirants need to click on the "Proceed to Fill Application Form" button.
Details that candidates need to fill in the application form are mentioned below:
- Candidate’s Details: This includes filling of details such as name, mother’s name, father’s name, date of birth, and gender.
- Qualifying Examination: In this column, candidates need to select their qualification [LLB/ Degree in any other stream/ Intermediate (10+2)] and specify all related information. This includes the year of passing, hall ticket number of a qualifying exam, marks secured, qualifying exam and place of study.
- Entrance Exam: This includes selecting the entrance exam that candidates want to give - TSPGLCET/ TS LAWCET- 5 Years/ TS LAWCET- 3 Years.
- Photo and Signature: Candidates need to upload their recent passport size digital coloured photographs.
- Regional Centre to Appear for the Test: Here, candidates need to select their preference for the TS LAWCET exam centre from the drop-down list.
- Category: Candidates need to select a category - OC/ BC-A/ BC-B/ BC-C/ BC-D/ BC-E/ SC/ ST. Apart from these, candidates can also select the NCC/ CAP/ Sports if they are applying for admission under a special category.
- Local Area Status: Here, aspirants need to select from options such as – TS OU/ Residuary AP (AU/ SUV)/ Non-Local.
- Minority: Candidates belonging to the minority group need to select the “Minority” checkbox and candidates not belonging to the minority group need to select the “Non-minority” checkbox.
- Address: Aspirants need to provide their complete address with pin code.
- SSC or Equivalent (10th Class): It requires details such as a candidate’s SSC board name, hall ticket number, the month of passing the exam, years of passing the exam and place of study.
- Physically Challenged: Here, candidates need to select the type of physical challenge (visual handicapped/ hearing impaired/ ortho handicapped) (if applicable).
- Intermediate (12th Class): It requires details such as a candidate’s inter-board name, hall ticket number, the month of passing the exam, years of passing the exam and place of study.
- Annual Income of Parents
After all the details are duly filled, candidates are required to select the checkbox given against “I accept the Terms & Conditions” and click the “Submit” button. After the application form is submitted, a Preview of the filled application form will appear on the screen. As the application process is complete, candidates can print the duly filled application form.
Note: If candidates wish to make any changes after the online application is submitted, they can do so by logging in to the website with details like payment reference ID, transaction ID, and qualifying exam hall ticket number. In case candidates want to modify the information which is not allowed on the website, they can submit their complaint by selecting the “Submit Complaint” option. The option is present on the Help Desk icon present on the home page of the website.
TS LAWCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
TS LAWCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria is mentioned below:
Nationality: India Citizens, Telegana resident,
Age: No age limit
- For 3 Year's Integrated law Degree
The Candidates should have passed any (10+2+3 pattern) of a recognized University with 45% of aggregate marks for general category, 42% for OBC Category and 40% for SC/ST or any other examination recognized as equivalent.
- For 5 Year's Integrated law Degree
The Candidates should have passed two-year Intermediate examination (10+2 pattern) of a recognized University with 45% of aggregate marks for general category, 42% for OBC Category and 40% for SC/ST or any other examination recognized as equivalent.
Note: Candidates belonging to SC/ST category will be given 5% relaxation in aggregate percentage in the above-mentioned qualifying examinations so that they meet the eligibility criteria of TS LAWCET 2020. "The percentage of 39.5% or above in aggregate in Intermediate (10+2 Pattern) in case of candidates belongs to SC/ST category and 44.5% or above in aggregate in Intermediate (10+2 Pattern) in case of candidates belongs other categories will be considered as 40% and 45% for admission into LLB 5 year course", informs the official website.
TS LAWCET 2020 Highlights
Candidates can check the basic information of TS LAWCET 2020 in the given below table:
TS LAWCET 2020 or Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test
Convener Osmania University
TSLAWCET Official website
|Mode of Exam|
Online (Computer Based Test)
To offer admission in various LAW Courses in Telangana State
Osmania University was found in the year 1918, and it is a state university situated in University Town, Hyderabad. The university has been authorized by the NAAC with an ‘A+’ grade. The main campus of Osmania University is ranked 10th among the state universities by India Today. The candidates can choose from a variety of postgraduate, doctorate, postgraduate diploma, and research courses. It offers admission to both full-time and part-time courses.
Top Colleges Affiliated To Osmania University
- Indian Institute of Management and Commerce (IIMC)
- St. Ann’s College for Women
- Loyola Academy Degree and PG College
- Mahatma Gandhi Law College
- Culinary Academy of India