UGC NET 2021 Application Form will be released by the NTA on its official website both for June and December session separately. To fill the application form, candidates must have a master’s degree with minimum qualifying percentage. National Eligibility Test (NET) is a national level exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). UGC NET is an exam offering job of Assistant Professor & Lecturership in different colleges & Universities of India. The UGC NET exam is conducted twice in the year June & December respectively. Candidates are advised to go through the article below for brief information about UGC NET 2020 Application Form.
- UGC NET Application Form 2020 correction window date has been extended from 15 to 20 July 2020.
UGC NET June 2021 Application Form Dates
The candidates can check the important dates for UGC NET 2021 Application Form like registration start and end date, etc in the table given below:
UGC NET 2021 Application Form Dates
|Online Application Form Starting Date ||To be Announced|
|Last date for Online Application||To be Announced|
|Correction Window||To be Announced|
|UGC NET 2020 Exam Date ||To be Announced|
UGC NET 2021 Application Form
Candidates should go through the below-mentioned points regarding the National Eligibility Test (NET) Registration:
- Candidates could apply for UGC NET via Online mode only at the NTA official website.
- The application form other than online mode would not be accepted, in any case.
- Multiple forms submitted by a candidate will be rejected.
- UGC NET 2021 Application Form can be corrected through Online mode only.
- A valid e-mail Id and mobile number should be provided by the candidate. All communication will be made on this e-mail Id and all the information through SMS will be sent on this number.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned clear passport photograph Similarly, the signature needs to be uploaded.
- Online Application Form cannot be withdrawn once it is submitted successfully.
Documents Required to fill UGC NET 2021 Application Form
There are necessary documents that the candidates need to provide while filling the application form as proof of their eligibility for the examination. The list of such documents is given below:
- Marksheet of last semester/Degree certificate for certifying the qualification.
- Copy of Board's certificate to verify the candidate's name, Father's Name, Mother's Name and Date of Birth (DOB).
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Valid Id proof (Bank details/Voter Id/Passport/Ration card/PAN card or any Government Id)
- Scanned Photograph and Signature
- EWS (Economically Weaker Section) certificate if belong to that category
UGC NET 2021 Application Fee
Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid through online mode as well as offline mode.
- Online - The fee can be paid via Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking/PAYTM.
- Candidates must take at least four printouts of the confirmation page after completion of fee payment.
The UGC NET 2020 Application Fee for aspirants belonging to different categories is stated in the table below:
UGC NET 2021 Application Fee
Other Backward Classes (OBC)- (NCL - Non-Creamy Layer)/Economically Weaker Section (EWS)
NOTE: Once the fee is paid by the candidate, it cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
How to Fill the UGC NET 2021 Application Form?
The candidates can refer to the steps given below to fill the application form of UGC National Eligibility Test 2021 below :
There are certain steps that the candidates have to follow to get registered. The steps are given below:
- For filling the application form, candidates need to register themselves.
- After that, candidates have to click on the "Fill Application Form".
- Now, the login page will open and a candidate has to click on the "Apply for UGC-NET 2021" button in the New Candidate Registration section.
- Instructions page will open, here candidates have to download the information brochure by clicking on the "Information Bulletin" button then only candidates will be allowed to proceed.
- After downloading the brochure click on the "Proceed To Apply Online".
- In this step, the registration form page will appear and candidates have to fill the required details and click on the "Submit" button.
2: Fill Up Application Form
After entering the above details, an application form page will appear in which candidates have to enter details in various sections such as:
- Personal Information - Candidates have to enter their personal details like Candidate's Name, Father's Name, Mother's Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Nationality, State, Category.
- Examination Related Details - In this section, candidates have to enter the details related to the examination in which they want to apply. They have to fill certain details like:
- Examination Name (JRF or Assistant Professor).
- Name of the Examination city as per their preference.
- Contact Details - Here candidates have to enter their contact details such as:
- Mobile Number
- Email Id
Details of Post Graduation Qualification - In this section, candidates have to enter their post-graduation qualification details like:
- Name of Examination
- Subject of Examination
- Name of the University
- State where University is located
- Year of passing/Appearing
- Specialization, if any.
Password Generation & Security Pin - This is the last step of filling up the application form in which candidates have to create a password of their choice and select a security question and after this click on the "Next" button.
3: Uploading of Documents
After filling all the necessary details, now, candidates have to upload the required documents like a scanned copy of photographs, signature, certificates, etc.
The specification of scanned photograph and signature is given in a table below:
UGC NET Specification for Documents
|Size||10 KB - 200 KB||4 KB - 30 KB|
- The photograph must be taken on or after 01 September 2020 indicating the name of a candidate along with the date of taking the photograph. The Photograph should not be with a cap or goggles.
- Candidates are advised to take 6 to 8 passport size coloured photographs with white background.
- The candidate should put his full signature on white paper with Black Ink pen and scan for uploading.
- The photograph should be colored or black/white(80% face coverage, ears clearly visible & clear constrast).
4: Payment of Fee
After uploading all the necessary documents, candidates have to pay the application fee.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through SBI /Syndicate/HDFC /ICICI Payment Gateway (Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking/Paytm) and keep the transactions slip as proof of payment.
5: Submitting Application Fee
This is the last step of application procedure and in this, candidates have to submit the application form after filling all the required details correctly and if it is not done so, the application form of the candidate will be rejected.
UGC NET 2021 Application Form Correction
After the completion of the Application Form process, UGC NET 2020 Application correction window will be open by the National Testing Agency (NTA) so that candidates can make the UGC NET 2020 application form corrections to an allowable extent. Candidates have to visit the official website regularly to know the exact dates when the corrections/modifications will be allowed. No modifications will be communicated through email/fax/mobile.
The corrections/modifications will be allowed in some particulars only like:
- Wrong spelling of Name or other details.
- Uploading wrong photographs
- Changes in subjects name
- Changes in identification type or number
What after UGC NET Application Form 2021?
After the process of UGC NET application form is over, candidates have to download UGC NET admit card online. For this, applicants have to visit the official website ugcnet.nta.nic.in. It is advised to keep the registration number and password ready for the UGC NET login. In case of any discrepancy with the admit card, candidates are advised to contact the helpline number of UGC NET.
The details that are mentioned on UGC NET admit card 2021 are – examination center, date and shift of the examination. It is necessary for aspirants to carry a printed copy of admit card, one passport size photo, photo ID and Pwd certificate (if applicable) to the centre.