UGC NET 2020 exam date for the December session will be from 02 to 17 May 2020. UGC NET is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) from UGC National Eligibility Test determines the eligibility of the candidates for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship), Assistant professor in different Institutions/ Colleges/Universities of India. UGC-NET 2020 will consist of 2 papers (Paper-01 and Paper-02). There will be no break between Paper-01 and Paper-02. The examination will be held for 3 hours continuously. For more Important details viz; Dates, Mode of Examination, Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme, Schedule of Examination, Provisions for Disabled Candidates, UGC NET 2020 aspirants are advised to go through the article thoroughly.
Candidates who are interested in UGC NET December 2020 can read the whole article below, and find more details about UGC NET.
UGC NET December 2020 Exam Pattern
There will be two papers in the UGC-NET 2020 examination for the June session. The Test will consist of 02 papers (Paper-01 & Paper-02, respectively). Details regarding exam pattern are enlisted in the table below:
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions||Pattern||Mode of Examination||Duration|
|01||100||50||The questions will be generic, intending to assess the teaching/research|
the aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate.
|Online (Computer Based Test)|
03 hours (180 minutes)
without any break.
|02||200||100||This paper will be based on the subject selected by the candidate. All the questions of Paper-02 will be compulsory.|
- The medium of the Question Paper shall be in English.
- Exam Duration will be of 3 hours (180 minutes) without any break.
- The Marking Scheme will be +(2) for every correct answer & there is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- No marks will be given for unanswered/marked for review questions.
- In case of the wrong question, the benefit of marks will be given to the aspirants who have attempted the Question.
UGC NET December 2020 Section-wise distribution of Questions and Marks
PAPER-01 shall be of the general subject, intended to assess the candidate's teaching/research aptitude. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate.
Summary of Paper-01:
Number of Questions in Paper-01
Total Marks of Paper-01
Type of Questions
Objective Type Questions
Pattern for Paper-01
The questions will be generic, aiming to evaluate the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate.
It will be intended to test reasoning ability, comprehension, different reasoning or thinking, and general awareness of the candidate.
PAPER-02 shall consist of 100 Objective type questions based on the subject chosen by the aspirants.
Summary of Paper-02:
Number of Questions in Paper-02
Total Marks of Paper-02
Type of Questions
Objective Type Questions
Pattern for Paper-02
Paper-02 will be based on the subject opted for by the aspirant.
NOTE: The candidates have to attempt every question in both the papers.
Provisions for Disabled Candidates In UGC NET December 2020
The kind of disabilities are referenced below:
- Visual Impairment: Blindness and Low Vision
- Hearing Impairment: Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Speech and Language Disability
- Locomotor Disabilities: Leprosy, Cerebral Palsy, Dwarfism, Muscular Dystrophy, Acid Attack Victims
- Intellectual Disability: explicit learning handicap (dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia, and formative aphasia), the chemical imbalance range issue
- Mental disease
- Chronic Neurological Conditions: numerous sclerosis, Parkinson's infections
- Blood Disorder: Hemophilia, Thalassemia, sickle cell maladies
- Multiple Disabilities: more than one of the predetermined handicaps, including hard of hearing visual deficiency.
The candidate having any of the above-mentioned disability with 40% or more Disability can avail of the below-mentioned relaxation:
- 20 minutes of compensatory time for Paper – 01 and Paper – 02 will be given to the candidates with 40% or greater Disability.
- For visually impaired candidates, there will be no arrangement of Test Booklets in Braille.
- The candidates who are not in the writing phase can avail of the scribe by making the earlier request.
- They need to request before a week as a hard copy structure to the concerned Center Superintendent.
- A measure of Rs. 1000/ - will be paid to the Center Superintendent's scribe on the day of examination for all papers.