UGC NET 2020 June Session Eligibility Criteria is set by the exam conducting body - National Testing Authority (NTA). It is the main conducting authority of UGC-NET 2020. National Eligibility Test (NET) is a National-Level Entrance exam conducted twice throughout a year - in June and December respectively. The candidates must know all the information related to the eligibility criteria, before filling the application form. They should know whether they are eligible or not, for the exam for which they are applying. Therefore, candidates can go through the article below to know about officially announced eligibility criteria of UGC NET June 2020.
UGC NET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The detailed information related to UGC NET 2020 Eligibility is provided in this article. The candidates are advised to go through to the whole article to get the necessary information about the UGC NET 2020 eligibility. The application will be rejected if the candidate does not match the UGC National Eligibility Test 2020 eligibility criteria.
Eligibility for UGC NET 2020 for the candidates belonging to different categories is explained below:
- Candidates must have minimum of 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or similar exam from universities/institutions approved by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science etc. are qualified for this Test. The OBC candidates from non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/persons with disability (PwD) category aspirants who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or similar examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who wants to take admisssion in Master’s degree or similar course or aspirants who appeared for their Master's degree (final year) exam and whose results are still awaited or aspirants whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. These aspirants will be admitted on the condition and considered qualified for JRF award/eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree OR equal examination with a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC appearing in Non-Creamy layer/SC/ST/PwD category candidates). Such aspirants are advised to complete their Master's degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates from the transgender segment would be eligible for the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for NET (i.e. JRF and Assistant Professor) as are available to SC/ST/PwD classes. For this section, the subject wise cut-offs should be the lowest of all those for SC/ST/PwD/OBC–NCL categories in the identical subject.
- The PhD holders whose Master's level study was completed by 19 September 1991 (regardless of the date the result was published) are liable for a 5% relaxation in aggregate marks (i.e. 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- Aspirants are advised to appear in the subject of their Post Graduation only. The aspirants, whose Post Graduation subject is not enlisted in the list of NET subjects, may appear in a specific subject.
- Contestants are neither needed to send any certificates/documents in favour of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to NTA. However, the applicants, in their interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In case of any ineligibility being identified by the UGC/NTA at any stage, their candidature will be revoked and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates possessing post-graduate diploma/certificate conferred by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate conferred by the foreign University/ institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equality of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), NewDelhi (www.aiu.ac.in).
UGC NET June 2020 Age Limit and Relaxation
- UGC NET 2020 age limit should not be more than 30 years as of 01 June 2018.
- Candidates belnnging to OBC (Non-creamy layer, as per the OBC Central List accessible on the website: www.ncbc.nic.in) SC/ST/PwD/Transgender categories and female applicants are offered a relaxation of up to 5 years.
- Relaxation will also be provided to the aspirants having research expertise, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a culmination of 5 years, on the production of a certificate from concern authority.
- The applicants with L.L.M. degree will be permitted 03 years of relaxation in age.
- A relaxation of up to 5 years is provided to the aspirants who have served in the armed forces subject to the length of service in the armed forces up to the first day of the month in which the concerned UGC-NET is to be organised. Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not surpass 05 years under any circumstances.
Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for candidates applying for the post of Assistant Professor.
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor)
- The minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant professors at Universities/Institutions/Colleges shall remain NET/SET/SLET. In this regard, exclusion from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
- The entrants who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination before 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
For SET: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for Assistant Professor held before 01 June 2002, are excused from appearing in NET, and are qualified to apply for Assistant Professor in India. For State Eligibility Test held from 01 June 2002 onwards, the qualified applicants are eligible to apply for the position of Assistant Professor only in the universities/colleges situated in the State from where they have cleared their SET.