UGC NET 2020 Application Form Correction Window is open from 06-15 July 2020. UGC NET is a national level entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). This exam aims to determine the eligibility of the candidates for the following positions NET JRF (Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant professor) and Assistant Professor. To apply for UGC NET 2020, candidates must have a post-graduate degree with a minimum of 55% marks. UGC NET 2020 is conducted as a computer-based test (CBT) only. UGC NET exam is conducted twice every year in June and December respectively. Candidates must go through the complete article to get full information and notification about UGC NET 2020 (June Session).
UGC NET 2020 Application Form
- UGC NET online application form for June session has been released online on 16 March 2020. The last date to apply for UGC NET is 30 June 2020.
- UGC NET application form is available on the NTA official website (National Testing Agency).
- Candidates had to submit only one application.
- Candidates had to ensure that the e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form is theirs as all information/communication was to be sent by NTA through the e-mail address or SMS on the given Mobile Number only.
- Applicants must note that the no change in the online application form will be accepted via fax/application or an email, etc.
Steps to fill the NET 2020 Online Application:
The following online steps will guide the aspiring candidates to understand the procedure of application form and fill the form:
- Step 1: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No.
- Step 2: Enter all the details asked in UGC NET 2020 application form.
- Step 3: Upload scanned images of photographs and signature in JPG/JPEG format.
- Step 4: Pay the application fee using SBI/HDFC/Syndicate/ICICI Payment Gateway and keep proof of fee paid.
- Step 5: Print at least four copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee.
UGC NET 2020 Application Fee
Candidate can check the below-given table to find out the application fee structure as per categories defined:
UGC NET 2020 Registration Fee
Other Backward Classes (OBC)- (NCL - Non-Creamy Layer)/Economically Weaker Section (EWS)
Mode of Payment: Application Fee had to be paid through either of the following modes: Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/UPI.
- NTA does not accept any other mode of payment i.e. Demand Draft /Cheque/Cash/IPO/Money Order etc.
- After successful payment, the candidate will be able to print the Confirmation Page.
NOTE: Request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will not be entertained by NTA under any circumstances
UGC NET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have a minimum of 55% marks in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC whereas, the Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer/Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with Disability (PwD)/Transgender category candidates must have at least 50% marks in their Master’s Degree for NET eligibility.
- Candidates who are currently pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their final year exam of Master’s degree and waiting for their result or candidates whose qualifying examination has been delayed will also be eligible for the exam.
- Candidates who belong to the transgender category would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for NET as are available to SC/ST/PwD categories.
Age limit and Relaxation for UGC NET
(i) UGC NET JRF:
- Not more than 30 years as on 01 December 2020.
- A relaxation of up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST/PwD/Transgender categories and women applicants.
- Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates with research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on the production of a certificate from the appropriate authority.
- Candidates with L.L.M. Degree will get three years of relaxation in age.
- Candidates who have served in the armed forces subject to the length of service in the armed forces up to the first day of the month in which the concerned UGC-NET is to be held will also get a relaxation of up to 5 years.
(ii) Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for applying for Assistant Professor.
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor)
- Applicants must have cleared either NET/SET/SLET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/Institutions. However, in this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
- Candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR/JRF examination before 1991 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) for Assistant Professor held before 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, and are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India.
UGC NET 2020 Admit Card
- The Admit Card is available through online mode only.
- Candidates must carry their admit card along with any of the photo id proof (Aadhar Card, Driving License, and Voter Card, etc.) with them on the exam day.
- Furthermore, the candidates must keep their admit card safely for further procedure of admission as they will not be issued any duplicate admit card.
- No Admit Card shall be issued to the candidates whose applications are found to be incomplete for any reasons (including indistinct/doubtful photographs/unsigned Applications) or who do not fulfil the eligibility criteria for the examination.
UGC NET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candiates can check the details regarding UGC NET 2020 Exam Pattern that are provided below:
- The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of objective type questions. There will be no break between papers.
- There will be an online Computer Based Test (CBT).
UGC NET Paper Pattern
No. of Questions
The questions will be generic, intending to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
180 minutes (three hours) without any break.
All the questions will be compulsory.
This will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
NOTE: Marking Scheme - For each correct response the candidate will get 2 marks. There will not be any negative marking for an incorrect response. No marks will be given for unanswered/Marked for Review questions.
UGC NET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of UGC NET
2020 will give an idea about the subject and can help with the preparation. Candidates will be provided with the syllabus of the respective subject they have opted for the entrance exam based on their post-graduation specialization. The syllabus of NET 2020 for 101 subjects can be downloaded in both English and Hindi medium as per the convenience.
UGC NET 2020 Preparation Tips
Before start preparing for the exam, candidates can refer to the UGC NET 2020 preparation tips given below to score good marks in the exam:
- Candidates must check the syllabus, exam format and marking scheme of UGC NET before starting their exam preparation.
- Candidates must start their preparation early so that they can get enough time for the revision.
- Prepare notes and go through these notes every day to refresh your memory and remember the studied topics.
- Candidates should fix their weekly targets and try to achieve them and calculate their success weekly and try to improve themselves every week.
- Candidates must solve all the question paper of previous years and also the sample question papers. This would help the candidate to have an idea about the pattern of examination.
- Applicants should refer to the standard books for study material and also follow the textbook reading methodology-OK4R
- Key ideas
- Reading the topic totally
UGC NET 2020 Answer Key
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the UGC NET 2020 Answer Key
in July 2020 after the completion of NET Exams. Check further details below:
- National Eligibility Test Answer Key will be available in online mode.
- NTA will release the provisional answer key for each paper separately.
- The response key/answer key contain the correct answers to the questions asked in the papers.
- Candidates can challenge the answer key by submitting the fee of Rs. 1000/- for each question.
UGC NET 2020 Result
Candidates can check UGC NET 2020 Result
that will be declared in the month of July 2020.
The result will be prepared based on the final answer key.
- UGC NET scorecard can be downloaded by entering the roll number, application number and date of birth.
- Details like name, category, total marks, scores obtained in each paper.
UGC NET 2020 Exam Centres
Candidates can check the list of cities for test for NTA UGC NET 2020 for July session below:
UGC NET Exam Centres
|3||Andaman and Nicobar||Port Blair|
|8||Daman & Diu||Daman|
|9||Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|15||Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City|
|16||Jammu & Kashmir||Baramulla|
UGC NET 2020 Entrance Exam Highlights
Check the below-given details to know about UGC National Eligibility Test 2020:
Name of the exam
UGC NET 2020 (National Eligibility Test)
Exam conducting body
National Testing Agency (NTA)
Nation Level entrance exam
Online (Computer Based Test)
To determine the eligibility of the candidates for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship), Assistant professor, Assistant Professor positions.
Stay connected for UGC National Eligibility Test 2020 conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
About National Testing Agency