CSIR UGC NET 2020 Application Form is reopened from 22 August, Candidates can apply for UGC NET 2020 till 10 September 2020. Council of Scientific & Industrial Research UGC National Eligibility Test(June session) which will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The exam is conducted twice in year(June & December session) at national level. Furthermore, this test determines the eligibility of candidates for Lectureship positions in Indian University/Colleges. Those who will clear JRF will be qualified for Lectureship subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria laid down by UGC. The candidates must read the complete article to know all about CSIR UGC NET 2020 June session.
CSIR UGC NET latest updates
The following are the new changes introduced in the CSIR UGC NET 2020 exam:
- The last date to submit the Application Form is 10 September 2020.
- The application correction window will open from 11 September to 17 September 2020.
CSIR UGC NET 2020 Important Dates
Candidate can check here all the important CSIR UGC 2020 dates for the application form in the given table below:
|Online Application Re-open||22 August 2020|
|Online Application Closes||10 September 2020|
|Application Form Correction||11-17 September 2020|
|Admit card Release||Before one week of the exam|
|CSIR UGC NET 2020 Examination||21 June 2020|
|Release of Answer Key||will be announced soon|
|Results Date||05 July 2020|
CSIR UGC NET 2020 Application Form
CSIR UGC NET 2020 Application Form for June session has been released on the web portal of the NTA. The candidates can check all the details about CSIR UGC NET 2020 Application Form
- The application form can be filled through online mode only from 22 August to 10 September 2020.
- No application will be accepted through offline mode or any other mode.
- Candidates can submit one application only. Multiple applications will not be entertained.
- Candidates have to provide a valid E-mail Address and Mobile Number in the Online Application Form as all information/communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the registered e-mail address or SMS on registered Mobile Number only.
- Candidates also have to upload scanned images of Photograph and Signature in JPG/JPEG format.
- All the instructions given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website must be followed by the candidates while filling the application form.
- Candidates must visit the NTA website and check their e-mails regularly for the latest updates.
- It is mandatory to select four cities while filling the Online Application Form of CSIR UGC NET June 2020.
- The entire application process of CSIR UGC NET June 2020 is online, so candidates do not need to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA through Post/Fax/E-mail or by Hand.
CSIR UGC NET 2020 Application Fee
The application fee details for the CSIR NET 2020 is mentioned below:
Mode of Payment:
- The application fee can be paid through Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking/UPI.
- Candidates have to pay the fee by using SBI/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI/Paytm Payment Gateway.
- If in case Confirmation Page is not generated after the payment of fee, then it means that the transaction is cancelled, and the amount will be refunded automatically to the candidate’s account.
- However, the candidate has to make another transaction, in case the Confirmation Page is not generated.
- After successful payment of fee, candidates can download and print copies of Confirmation Page for future reference.
The list of CSIR UGC NET application Fees 2020 for different categories is given below in a table:
CSIR UGC NET Registration Fee 2020
|General/General-EWS (Economically Weaker Section)||Rs 1000/-|
|OBC-NCL (Non-Creamy Layer)||Rs 500/-|
NOTE: The application fee of CSIR NET is non-refundable. So, any request by the candidate regarding the refund of fee will not be entertained by NTA under any circumstances.
CSIR UGC NET 2020 Application Form Correction
The NTA will facilitate the correction window for CSIR UGC NET 2020
for the candidates the dates for which will be notified. The applicants can make the changes (if required) in the application form online. The corrections in the form will be made only to some details.
CSIR UGC NET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must check the CSIR UGC NET 2020 eligibility criteria before filling the application form to know their eligibility. If any candidate is found ineligible at any stage of exam will not be allowed for further process. The detailed eligibility of CSIR UGC National Eligibility Test 2020
is given hereby:
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) - Candidates whose age is maximum 28 years as on 01 July 2020 are eligible. The upper age limit will be relaxable up to 5 years if a candidate is female or belong to SC/ST/Persons with Disability (PwD) category and 3 years of relaxation will be provided to OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) applicants.
- Lectureship (LS)/ Assistant Professorship - There is no upper age limit in case of Assistant Professor/Lectureship.
- Candidates who belong to General (UR)/General-EWS and OBC category must have a minimum of 55% marks in their M.Sc. or equivalent degree/Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/B. Tech/B. Pharma/MBBS.
- For SC/ST/Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates, minimum marks required to apply for the exam is 50%.
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 3 years of the above qualifying examination/degree as on 09 October 2019, are also eligible to apply under the Result Awaited (RA) category.
- For this, candidates will have to submit the attestation form duly certified by the Head of the Department/Institute from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared.
- PhD degree holders who have passed Master’s degree before 19 September 1991 with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship/ Assistant Professorship only.
Download Information Brochure of CSIR UGC NET 2020
CSIR UGC NET 2020 Admit Card
- Hall Ticket will not be sent by post to any candidate.
- E-Admit Card will be issued by the NTA to those candidates only who will subject to the fulfilment of the eligibility conditions and fill the application form correctly.
- Candidates will not be allowed to appear at the examination centre, on Date and Timings other than that allotted to them in their Admit card.
- In case candidates are unable to download Admit Cards from the website or find any discrepancy in the admits card, then the candidate should approach the Help Line between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- The candidates must read the instructions on the Admit Card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination.
CSIR UGC NET 2020 Exam Centres
Candidates can check the list of cities for centres of CSIR UGC NET 2020 June given below:
CSIR UGC NET 2020 (June)Test Centres
|3||Andaman and Nicobar||Port Blair|
|8||Daman & Diu||Daman|
|9||Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|15||Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City|
|16||Jammu & Kashmir||Baramulla|
CSIR UGC NET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates need to check the Paper Pattern of CSIR NET before they start preparing for the examination. The details about CSIR UGC NET 2020 Exam pattern
is given below:
- Mode of Examination: The exam will be conducted through Online mode (CBT) only.
- Type of Questions: The questions asked will be of objective type, Multiple Choice Question (MCQ).
- Exam Duration: The exam will be of 180 minutes (three hours) and there will be no break between papers.
- Total Marks: The test paper for each subject shall carry a maximum of 200 marks.
- The medium of Examination: The test will be in Hindi and English language. In case of any ambiguity between Hindi and English language due to translation, English medium would be treated as final.
- Subjects of the Exam: The exam will be held in the five subjects: Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Physical Sciences.
- Sections: The test will consist of three parts/sections.
- Part 'A' shall be common to all subjects. This part shall contain questions about General Aptitude with emphasis on logical reasoning, graphical analysis, analytical and numerical ability, quantitative comparison, series formation, puzzles, etc.
- Part 'B' shall contain subject-related conventional Multiple Choice questions (MCQs), generally covering the topics given in the syllabus.
- Part 'C' shall contain higher-order questions that may test the candidate's knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts.
CSIR UGC NET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of the CSIR National Eligibility Test is released by the Human Resource Development Group, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR - HRDG). The candidates can check the CSIR UGC NET Syllabus 2020
given below. CSIR UGC NET June 2020 syllabus is as follows:
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
NOTE: National Testing Agency (NTA) will not provide a copy of the syllabus to individual candidates.
CSIR UGC NET 2020 Answer Key
The CSIR NET provisional answer key will be displayed along with the respective Question Paper on the official website of NTA after the conduction of exam. Candidates can check the important dates and the details related to Answer key 2020 below:
|1||Display of Question paper and Challenge of Provisional Answer Key||To be announced|
|2||Last date of submission of fee(for challenging) through Credit/Debit card or Net Banking/UPI||To be announced|
- The NTA releases the CSIR UGC NET 2020 Answer Key on the official website after the successful commencement of the examination.
- Answer Keys are to be displayed for two to three days to providing an opportunity for the candidates to challenge the Provisional Answer Key.
- Candidates can challenge the answer key on payment of Rs. 1000/- per question challenged as processing charges.
- The NTA decision on the challenges shall be final and the result will be declared based on final answer keys.
- No grievances concerning Answer Key after the declaration of result will be entertained.
CSIR UGC NET 2020 Result
The details regarding the CSIR UGC NET result 2020 are listed below. Also, the result will be declared on the official website of NTA.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) has declared the CSIR 2020 result, after releasing the CSIR NET final answer key.
- Two separate merit list will be made based on the candidates' performance in the test.
- Re-Evaluation/Re-Checking of the result: There shall be no re-evaluation/re-checking of the result. No correspondence/candidate in this regard shall be entertained.
CSIR UGC NET 2020 Highlights
The highlights for CSIR UGC NET 2020 is mentioned below:
Name of the exam
CSIR UGC NET
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research UGC National Eligibility Test June
Exam conducting body
National Testing Agency (NTA)
CSIR UGC NET Official website
Online (Computer Based Test)
To determine the eligibility of the candidates for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship), Assistant professor/Lectureship positions.
About National Testing Agency
The NTA was established in November 2017 to conduct entrance examinations for higher educational institutions. NTA conducts the JEE Mains
. Its actual start was in 2010 with a report submitted to the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) by a committee consisting of some of the directors of the Indian Institute of Technology which recommended that the national testing agency be "created by an Act of Parliament.