CMAT 2021 also known as Common Management Aptitude Test 2021 is a National level entrance examination for entry into management programmes. It is organized by the National Test Agency (NTA). CMAT was previously conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) every year as per Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). CMAT score will be accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges. Candidates interested in appearing for the CMAT must go through this article as it will give them an idea of CMAT 2021 Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Admit Card etc.
CMAT 2021 Important Dates
The candidates can check a few vital dates for CMAT 2021 belowin the given table:
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Online Application Form Date||First Week of November 2020|
|Last Date of Online Application Submission||Last Week of November 2020|
|Releasing of Admit Card||Last Week of December 2020|
|Exam Date||Last Week of January 2021|
|Answer Key||First Week of February 2021|
|Result Date||First Week of February 2021|
CMAT 2021 Application Form
CMAT Online Application Form 2021
will be available on the official website from the First Week of November 2020
and will last till Second Week of December 2020
. Applicants are advised to go through the below-mentioned guidelines to not face any issue throughout filling and submitting the application form for CMAT 2021:
- There is no other way to submit or fill-up the Common Management Aptitude Test Application Form apart from Online mode.
- The photograph and signature uploaded during the time of applying for CMAT Examination are used for the admission process.
- Fill in the details in the application form correctly and upload correct and valid documents.
- Candidate must ensure the successful submission of their application in the portal failing to which their candidature can be cancelled automatically.
- Keep scanned images ready of the required documents so you can directly upload otherwise session timeout will redirect you to the beginning of the application form.
- Processing charges and Goods & Service Taxes are to be paid by the candidate (as applicable).
Following steps would be there when you fill-up the application form:
- Registration of the Individual candidate
- Application form filling
- Uploading the required Documents
- Application Fee Payment
- Confirmation of Application
CMAT 2021 Application Fee
Candidates must check the mentioned below category/gender wise CMAT Application Fees 2021 which can be paid either by Online or Offline mode:
CMAT Entrance Exam Online Application Fees 2021
|Category||Registration Fees for Male ||Registration Fees for Female |
|General||Rs 1600/- ||Rs 1000/-|
|Gen-EWS/OBC (NCL)||Rs 1600/-||Rs 1000/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs 800/-||Rs. 700/-|
Mode of payment: Candidates can submit the application fees in Online as well as Offline mode given below:
- Online mode: To avail online payment, applicants can pay via Net Banking/Credit card/Debit card/e-wallets
- Offline mode: Payment can be done by Cash at SBI MOPS.
CMAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the CMAT 2021 Eligibility
before start filling the application form. Check all the essential points related to eligibility mentioned below:
- Nationality: The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- Age limit: There is no age bar announced for applicants who wish to appear in the exam.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates having a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized University/Institute are eligible to apply.
- Appearing: Those who are appearing in the final semester of the qualifying examination can also apply but they must qualify the exam and satisfy other admission criteria at the time of Admission.
NOTE: Applicants whose eligibility criteria are not met and still has applied for the examination will not be offered admission even if they score well in the CMAT examination. Go through the above-mentioned admission criteria thoroughly to set a smooth journey.
CMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates should check the CMAT Exam Pattern 2021
which is mentioned below so that they have an idea about the exam paper structure:
CMAT Entrance Exam Pattern 2021
Mode of Examination
Online (Computer Based Test)
Duration of Examination
180 minutes (3 hours)
No. of Questions asked
Type of Questions
Multiple Choice Question (Objective)
+(4) for Correct and -(1) for Incorrect
Medium of examination
Below mentioned is the section-wise division of examination and the total number of marks each section carries:
Number of Questions
Data Interpretation and Quantitative techniques
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
CMAT 2021 Syllabus
Candidates can check the CMAT 2021 Syllabus
mentioned below section-wise, to score well in the Common Management Aptitude Test 2021 examination, go through the syllabus properly:
Data Interpretation and Quantitative Techniques:
- Binary Logic
- Blood Relations
- Clocks and Calendars
- Data Arrangement
- Data Structures
- Direction Sense
- Family Tree
- Seating Arrangement
- Venn Diagram
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension:
- Contextual usage
- Different usage of the same word
- Fill in the blanks
- Foreign language words used in English
- Jumbled paragraphs
- One word substitution
- Para Completion and inference
- Para jumbles
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence completion
- Sentence correction
- Verbal Logic
- Verbal Reasoning
- Data Sufficiency
- Line Graphs
- Pie Charts
- India and the world
- Current Affairs
- Political Science
CMAT 2021 Preparation Tips
CMAT Preparation Tips are mentioned below for all the candidates who will be appearing for CMAT Examination and are looking for guidance on how to go on preparing for the exam:
- Candidates must prepare how to go on with each subject which includes the time distribution, management of resources and various other important factors.
- Make notes of everything that while studying a topic as it is easier to refer to notes than going through all over again.
- Ample amount of sleep is a must as grasping new things and the ability to think faster and to focus will also get worse if sleep and rest are not enough.
- Give time for recreation which is an important part as it helps to release stress from time to time.
- Solving questions will give an idea of the exam pattern.
- Join a test series and write tests every day as it will add up to your speed, accuracy, and refinement in answering questions.
CMAT 2021 Admit Card
Candidates can download the CMAT 2021 Admit Card
in the Last Week of December 2020
on the official website. Candidates are requested to download and print their Hall Ticket as it is an important document to be carried to the examination centre.
Below mentioned guidelines can be followed by the candidates to avoid any type of issue at the examination centre:
- If candidates are found without Admit Card in the examination hall, there are chances that the authorities might not allow them to appear for the examination and this would be solely the responsibility of the candidate and not of the invigilator or exam conducting committee.
- If there is any discrepancy found in the Admission Ticket particulars, the candidate must immediately get in touch with the Official Authority and get it rectified with time in hand.
- Information like- Name, DOB, Name of Centre, Place, Category etc, will be mentioned in the admit card.
CMAT 2021 Answer Key
NTA releases CMAT Answer Key in the online mode at ntacmat.nic.in. The candidates can download CMAT 2021 Answer Key by entering the application number and password. NTA releases the provisional answer key and then, the final answer key. Candidates can challenge CMAT answer key by paying Rs 1000 per question. The answer key is releases along with the question paper on the official website only. After considering the errors, NTA releases the final answer key. The candidates can calculate their estimated score with the help of answer key.
CMAT 2020 Score = 4 X (no. of correct answers) – 1 X (no. of wrong answers)
CMAT 2021 Result
Candidates can check their CMAT result 2021
on the official website in the First Week of February 2021
. Given below are some information regarding the CMAT result:
- NTA announce the result on their website only
- Candidates need to download the result which is in the form of PDF which consists the information of the qualifying candidates.
- Candidates should obtain the minimum prescribed marks for admission.
CMAT 2021 Counselling
NTA conducts the CMAT 2021 counselling process after the announcement of the result through online mode.
- The candidates who meet the cutoff criterion are shortlisted for the counselling.
- As per the exam, all necessary documents including academic certificates, identity proof, work experience certificate (if applicable), etc. will be verified.
- After that, candidates can take admission for the course allotted to them by paying the course fee.
Documents Required at CMAT Counseling
Following are the documents that should be brought by the candidates for the Common Management Aptitude Test counselling:
- Admit Card
- Photo Identity Proof
- Passport Size Photograph
- Academic Certificates
CMAT 2021 Exam Centres
The candidates can select any four cities of their choice from the list of CMAT 2021 test centres. However, due to administrative reasons, the city of preference can be changed and a different centre may be allocated. The test centres given below are according to the previous year's examination:
CMAT Test 2021 Centres
|JAMMU & KASHMIR||02|
The above information is provided based on the previous year's information brochure.
CMAT 2021 Highlights
Candidates should go through the given below table of CMAT entrance exam basic information:
CMAT 2021 or Common Management Aptitude Test
National Test Agency (NTA)
Postgraduate Courses in Management
CMAT Official website
Online (Computer Based Test)
To offer admission in various Postgraduate Management Courses across India
National Test Agency
National Test Agency is a government agency that has been established in 2017 to conduct entrance exam for higher education institute. It has been approved by the Union Council of Minister. Vineet Joshi is appointed as the first director-general of the agency. NTA office is in Sector 62, Noida, Uttar Pradesh. NTA conducts the Various exam to offer admission in engineering, medical, pharmacy, management, Delhi University and college or university teaching and fellowship.
Common Management Aptitude Test
Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is an online computer-based test conducted by the National Test Agency (NTA), India. It is a national-level admission test for facilitating institutions to select suitable students for admission in all management programmes approved by AICTE.
The fixers edition of CMAT was conducted in 2012. In 2014, the first CMAT was conducted between 20 February and 24 February. Around 1.2 Lakh Candidates participated in the test. The results were declared on 14 March 2014.