NEET UG 2020 new exam date has been announced which is 13 September 2020. Medical aspirants who have applied for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test will be able to download their admit card containing roll number and exam centre around 2 weeks before the exam. National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). NTA NEET UG exam is a national level entrance exam conducted to offer admissions into courses like MBBS/BDS provided by most of the medical colleges/universities approved by MCI/DCI in India. Candidates those who want to take admission in abroad, they have to qualify the NEET 2020. Candidates can check the information about NTA NEET UG 2020 exam through the below article.
NEET UG 2020 Latest Updates
- NEET 2020 exam has been postponed to 13 September 2020.
- Application Form Correction to be enabled from 04-15 July 2020.
- The dates of downloading admit card will be announced 15 dates before the conduct of exam.
NEET UG 2020 Correction Window
NEET 2020 Form correction window has started from 04 July 2020. The last date to correct the application form is 15 July 2020 (11:50 PM) proposed by NTA. After the successful submission of the application form by the applicants, NEET UG 2020 correction window has been opened by the National Testing Agency (NTA) so that candidates can edit the application form. The corrections/modifications will be allowed in some particulars only like:
- Uploading wrong photographs
- Changes in subjects name
- Wrong spelling of Name or other details.
- Changes in identification type or number
NEET UG 2020 Application Form
Candidates filled the NEET UG 2020 Application Form
from 02 December 2019 until 06 January 2020
on the official website of NTA. Check the given below points of NEET UG registration 2020:
- Before filling the application form candidates are required to do NEET 2020 registration.
- After doing NEET 2020 registration successfully, the login details will be sent to the candidate's registered Email ID or mobile number.
- After this, candidates can fill the NEET 2020 Application form by using the login details provided after the NEET 2020 registration was done.
- Candidates will fill the Application form online from the official website by filling all the basic and required pieces of information.
- Applicants should have scanned images of his/her latest Photograph and Signature in JPG/ JPEG format only, for uploading as part of the submission of the NEET 2020 online application form.
- Candidates can also correct the NEET 2020 Application form after submitting it. This will also be done online only.
- Applicants will be notified through SMS/e-mail regarding the correction in photograph or signature.
NEET UG 2020 Application Fee
Candidates can check the category wise NEET-UG 2020 Application Fees which is mentioned in the given below table:
NEET Under Graduation 2020 Application Fee
|SC/ ST/ PH||Rs. 800/-|
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the Application Fee through online as well as in offline mode.
- For offline mode, it must be paid in cash through E-Challan.
- For online mode, the fee can be paid through Credit card/Debit card or Net banking.
How to Login?
Candidates need to login on the NEET login portal to check the details like application form, admit card, result etc
STEPS TO LOGIN:
- STEP 1- Go on the NEET official website.
- STEP 2- Candidates need to log in using their application number and password.
- STEP 3- Click on the ‘sign in’ button to submit the login details after which your dashboard will appear on the screen.
NEET UG 2020 Admit Card
National Testing Agency (NTA) will announce the NEET UG 2020 Admit card online at its official website. Candidates can log in with their application number and DOB or password to download their hall ticket from 2 weeks before NEET 2020 new exam date. Candidate must go through the undermentioned guidelines related to NEET 2020 hall ticket for UG courses:
- Applicants must have the NEET UG exam 2020 Admit Card. Candidate without admit card and valid photo identity (Aadhaar/ Passport/ Driving License/ Voter ID) will not be permitted to enter in the Examination Hall by the Center-in-Charge.
- A photograph of the candidate will be taken at the Centre before asked to take his seat for the examination.
- Applicants found carrying any unwanted materials, textual material either printed or written or any other material except those mentioned above inside examination hall will be debarred from appearing in the exam.
- Mobile Phones, Bluetooth devices, Calculators, Log Tables, or any electronic devices with facilities of a calculator or will not be allowed in the Examination.
NEET UG 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the NEET UG 2020 exam pattern through following given details:
Exam pattern for NEET-UG 2020 Entrance Exam
|Exam Mode||Offline (PBT)|
|Duration||180 minutes (3 hours)|
English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Oriya, Urdu, Marathi and Telugu
Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology
|Total Number of Questions|
180 (45 from each subject)
|Type of Questions||Objective/ Multiple Choice|
|Marking Scheme||+4 marks for each right answer|
|Negative Marking||1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer|
Below is the table for section-wise distribution of the number of questions in NEET UG exam 2020:
No. of Question
Applicants while choosing the regional language will also have to look for the Exam Centers based on their language preference:
Question Paper Medium
English and Hindi
All exam centre cities
English and Bengali
Exam centre belongs to West Bengal and Tripura
English and Assamese
Exam centre belong to Assam
English and Kannada
Exam centre cities belong to Karnataka
English and Gujarati
Exam centre belong to Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli
English and Odia
Exam centre cities belong to Odisha
English and Marathi
Exam centre cities belong to Maharashtra
English and Tamil
Exam centre cities belong to Tamilnadu
English and Urdu
All exam centre cities
English and Telugu
Exam centre belongs to Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
NEET UG 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can check the NEET UG 2020 Syllabus through below details. Candidates can start their preparation by going through NEET 2020 syllabus thoroughly.
For CLASS 11TH –
- Physical World and Measurement Kinematics
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- The behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Oscillations and Waves
- Structure of Atom
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- s-block elements
- p-block elements
- Organic Chemistry
- Redox Reactions
- Environmental Chemistry
- Diversity in Living
- World Human Physiology
- Plant Physiology
- Cell Structure and Function
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
FOR CLASS 12TH –
- Current Electricity
- Electronic Devices
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnesium.
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- General Principles
- Processes of Isolation of Elements, p, d, f block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Surface Chemistry
- Solid State
- Phenols and Ethers
- Chemical Kinetics and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life.
- Ecology and Environment
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biotechnology and Its Application
- Biology and Human Welfare
NEET UG 2020 Preparation Tips
Applicants can check the NEET UG 2020 exam preparation tips and can prepare accordingly:
- Applicants must solve all the question paper of previous years and also the sample question papers which will be available online.
- This would help the candidate to have a proper idea about the whole pattern of examination.
- Time management is very important during the preparation of the exam. Candidates must schedule their time accordingly.
- Candidates must focus on weaker topics first and keep practising instead of leaving the difficult parts.
NEET UG 2020 Test Centres
Candidates can check the test centres of NEET-UG 2020 test centre through below given table:
Exam centres for NEET UG 2020
|State||Number of Centres|
|Andaman and Nicobar||1|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||1|
|Daman and Diu||1|
|Jammu and Kashmir||2|
Candidates can check the centres and can choose the test centre accordingly
NEET UG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the NEET UG 2020 Eligibility through below details:
- Nationality: There is no limitation due to Nationality. Everybody including Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals citizen are eligible to apply for NEET (UG).
- Candidates belonging to Jammu &Kashmir states are eligible to apply under 15% All India Quotas only based on self-declaration.
- Age limit: The applicants must have completed a minimum of 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020. Upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for the applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC
- Qualification: Candidates must have completed 12th or equivalent examination from any government recognized board/central.
- Mandatory Subjects: Candidate who wants to apply must make sure that they had Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology with English as a mandatory subject in their 12th class level.
- Percentage: Applicants in the 10+2 level must have secured a minimum of 50% marks for General categories, 45% marks for physically handicapped (PH) & 40% marks for SC/ST category candidates in PCB group.
NEET UG 2020 Answer Key
Candidates can check the NEET UG 2020 Answer Key through below given information:
- The NTA will display NEET-Under Graduation 2020 Answer Key of the questions, allowing the applicants to challenge, in case of any doubt in the answer key on the website. For exact date of display of Answer Key, candidates may regularly check updates on NTA website after the examination.
- Candidates will be allowed to make an online request against the Answer Key on payment of non-refundable processing fee of Rs.1000/- per answer challenged.
- Any objection made by the applicants will be verified by the NTA with the help of its subject experts.
- If found correct, the answer key will be revised accordingly, based on the revised Answer Key, the result will again get prepared and declared.
- No individual candidate will be informed about the acceptance or nonacceptance of his/her objection.
NEET UG 2020 Results
National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the NEET UG 2020 Result. Candidates can check the result on the official website i.e. https://nta.ac.in.
- To check the result, the applicants need to log in by entering their NEET UG 2020 application number & password. After this click on the “Submit” button.
- No category wise result sheet will be prepared. As soon as the result will get ready, NTA will display the results on the website and after that, the candidates can download their Result.
- The score, as well as, the merit list of the candidate will be displayed onscreen.
- The admission under 15% of All India Quota seats and State Quota Seats will be offered based on the rank obtained in NEET UG 2020.
- Candidates are required to take a print out of the result for future correspondence.
NEET UG 2020 Counselling
Only qualified candidates will be able to participate in the counselling. Counselling details can be checked through below details
- After the results will be announced, the Merit List of the candidates will also be released. The candidates whose name will be there on the merit list will be eligible to appear for NEET-UG 2020 Counseling.
- Online counselling will be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee of the Directorate General of Health Services.
- Information for online counselling will only be available on the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) website. Candidates who will be qualified are advised to read the counselling related information properly and understand what is the process for appearing in the Counselling.
- Candidates want to apply for admission in State Medical Colleges/Universities/Institutions using merit list of NEET (UG) - 2020 will follow the instructions of the State Government and/or authorities of the Medical/Dental colleges/Institution/University concerned for counselling.
- Applicants will have to report at the allotted centres to confirm their allotted seat. The candidate also needs to pay the admission fee after Counselling, if a candidate fails to report at allotted college his/her seat will be allotted to the waiting list candidates.
NEET UG 2020 Reservation Policy
The candidates can check below reservation policy that is followed for the 155 All India Quota seat allotments:
- 10% seats for General EWS candidates
- 15% of seats are reserved for SC candidates.
- 7.5% of seats are reserved for ST candidates.
- 27% for reserved for OBC candidates.
NEET UG 2020 Cut Off
Applicants must secure a certain percentage of marks to be eligible for the All India based seat allotment. Candidates can check the table given below for the information of NEET-UG cutoff
NEET-UG 2020 Cutoff
|Category||NEET UG cut off Percentile||NEET UG Cut off score|
NEET UG 2020 Highlights
Candidates can check the highlights of NEET UG exam through below details:
NEET UG 2020 Highlights
National Testing Agency
Undergraduate Courses in Medical Sciences
NEET UG Official website
To offer admissions in various Undergraduate Medical Courses across India.
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test- Under Graduation (NEET-UG)
NEET-UG is an entrance exam in India for the candidates who wish to take admissions in various medical courses. It is a single entrance test for admissions to more than 66,000 MBBS and BDS seats across India. NEET-UG replaced All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and all individual MBBS exams which were conducted by various states and colleges themselves in 2013.
National Testing Agency (NTA)
NTA is an Indian Government Agency that has been approved by the Union Council Ministers and was established in November 2017 for conducting various entrance examinations for higher educational institutes. The Minister of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India(GOI) has started the National Test Agency(NTA) as an independent and able to maintain itself testing agency for conduct the efficient, transparent and international standard test to access the competency of candidates for admission to premier higher education institutions. The objectives of NTA, inter-alia, include:
- To conduct efficient, transparent and international standard tests to assess the competency of candidates for admission.
- To research educational, professional and testing system to identify gaps in the knowledge systems and take steps for bridging them.
- To identify experts and institutions in setting examination questions.
- To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional development standard.