NEET UG 2023 Application Form is released on March 6, 2023. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2023 will be held on May 07, 2023. NEET UG 2023 will be held in 13 different languages (English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu) and two phases. The second phase application must fill during the result declaration or score downloading process. NEET is organized by National Testing Agency (NTA) at the national level to offer admissions into courses like MBBS/BDS provided by most of the medical colleges/universities approved by MCI/DCI in India. The question paper had 180 Objective questions, which cover all important topics of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Candidates have to try to attempt a maximum number of questions in 3 hours to qualify for NEET 2023. Candidates can check the information about NTA NEET UG 2023 through the below article.
The Entrance Test shall consist of 200 multiple choice questions (four options with a single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology). 50 questions in each subject will be divided into two Sections (A and B). The duration of the Examination will be 200 minutes (03 hours 20 minutes) from 02:00 PM to 05:20 PM (IST).
NEET UG 2023 Answer Key will be released by the exam authority after the exam. Provisional answer key will be on neet.nta.nic.in for objections.
NEET UG Latest Updates
- NTA has released DIRECT LINK of the NEET UG Admit Card 2023 for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
- The National Testing Agency is expected to release the exam city intimation slip for NEET UG 2023 soon.
- The NEET exam will be conducted on May 7, 2023, from 2 pm to 5.20 pm.
- Candidates should note that once the NEET UG exam city slips are released, center allotment cannot be changed.
- Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of NTA NEET at neet.nta.nic.in.
- The NEET exam pattern 2023 consists of four subjects with two sections each.
- Section A will have 35 questions, while Section B will have 15 questions, out of which candidates can choose to attempt any 10 questions.
- The total number of questions and time limit will remain the same.
- This year, a total of 20.87 lakh candidates have registered for NEET UG 2023, including 11.8 lakh female candidates and 9.02 lakh male candidates.
NEET UG 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check NEET UG status from below:
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (2023)
|Exam Status||Notification Released|
|Exam Date||7 May, 2023|
NEET UG 2023 Important Dates
Candidates can find important dates related to NEET UG 2023 from the table given below:
NEET UG Important Dates
|NEET registration 2023 starts||January 2023|
|Last date to apply online||February 2023|
|Form Correction||May 2023|
|Availability of admit card||July 2023|
|NEET 2023 exam date||7 May, 2023 (Confirmed)|
|Declaration date of NEET 2023 Result||July 2023|
|Start of online counselling||August 2023|
NEET UG 2023 Application Form
Candidates can fill the NEET UG 2023 Application Form on the official website of NTA. Check the given below points of NEET UG registration 2023:
- Before filling out the application form candidates are required to do NEET registration.
- After doing NEET 2023 registration successfully, the login details will be sent to the candidate's registered Email ID or mobile number.
- After this, candidates can fill out the NEET 2023 Application form by using the login details provided after the NEET 2023 registration was done.
- Candidates will fill out the Application form online from the official website by filling in all the basic and required pieces of information.
- Applicants should have scanned images of their latest Photograph and Signature in JPG/ JPEG format only, for uploading as part of the submission of the NEET 2023 online application form.
- Candidates can also correct the NEET 2023 Application form after submitting it. This will also be done online only.
- Applicants will be notified through SMS/e-mail regarding the correction in photograph or signature.
- NEET UG 2023 Application Fee
- Candidates can check the category wise NEET-UG 2023 Application Fees which are mentioned in the given below table:
NEET Under Graduation 2023 Application Fee
|SC/ ST/ PH||Rs. 900/-|
|Outside India||Rs. 8500/-|
- Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the Application Fee online as well as in offline mode.
- For offline mode, it must be paid in cash through E-Challan.
- For online mode, the fee can be paid through a Credit card/Debit card or Net banking.
How to Login?
- Candidates need to login on to the NEET login portal to check the details like application form, admit card, result etc
- STEPS TO LOGIN:
- STEP 1- Go on the official website.
- STEP 2- Candidates need to log in using their application number and password.
- STEP 3- Click on the ‘sign in’ button to submit the login details after which your dashboard will appear on the screen.
NEET UG 2023 Correction Window
- NEET 2023 Form correction window will start tentatively from January 2023. After the successful submission of the application form by the applicants, NEET UG 2023 correction window has been opened by the National Testing Agency (NTA) so that candidates can edit the application form. The corrections/modifications will be allowed in some particulars only like:
- Uploading wrong photographs
- Changes in subjects name
- Wrong spelling of Name or other details.
- Changes in identification type or number
NEET UG 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: There is no limitation due to Nationality. Everybody including Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals citizens are eligible to apply for NEET (UG).
- Candidates belonging to Jammu &Kashmir states are eligible to apply under 15% All India Quotas only based on self-declaration.
- Age limit: The applicants must have completed a minimum of 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020. The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as of the date of examination with a relaxation of 5 years for the applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC
- Qualification: Candidates must have completed 12th or equivalent examination from any government recognized board/central.
- Mandatory Subjects: Candidate who wants to apply must make sure that they had Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology with English as a mandatory subject in their 12th class level.
- Percentage: Applicants in the 10+2 level must have secured a minimum of 50% marks for General categories, 45% marks for physically handicapped (PH) & 40% marks for SC/ST category candidates in the PCB group.
NEET UG 2023 Admit Card
- National Testing Agency (NTA) release the Admit card online on its official website. Candidates can log in with their application number and DOB or password to download their hall ticket. Candidate must go through the undermentioned guidelines related to NEET 2023 hall ticket for UG courses:
- Applicants must have the NEET UG exam 2023 Admit Card. Candidates without admit card and valid photo identity (Aadhaar/ Passport/ Driving License/ Voter ID) will not be permitted to enter the Examination Hall by the Center-in-Charge.
- A photograph of the candidate will be taken at the Centre before being asked to take his seat for the examination.
- Applicants found carrying any unwanted materials, textual material either printed or written or any other material except those mentioned above inside the examination hall will be debarred from appearing in the exam.
- Mobile Phones, Bluetooth devices, Calculators, Log Tables, or any electronic devices with the facilities of a calculator or will not be allowed in the Examination.
NEET UG 2023 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern for NEET-UG 2023 Entrance Exam
|Exam Mode||Offline (PBT)|
|Duration||200 minutes (3 hours and 20 Minutes)|
English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Oriya, Urdu, Marathi and Telugu
Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology
|Total Number of Questions|
180 (45 from each subject)
|Type of Questions||Objective/ Multiple Choice|
|Marking Scheme||+4 marks for each right answer|
|Negative Marking||1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer|
- Below is the table for section-wise distribution of the number of questions in the NEET UG exam 2023:
No. of Question
- Applicants while choosing the regional language will also have to look for the Exam Centers based on their language preference:
Question Paper Medium
English and Hindi
All exam centre cities
English and Bengali
The exam centre belongs to West Bengal and Tripura
English and Assamese
The exam centre belong to Assam
English and Kannada
Exam centre cities belong to Karnataka
English and Gujarati
Exam centres belong to Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli
English and Odia
Exam centre cities belong to Odisha
English and Marathi
Exam centre cities belong to Maharashtra
English and Tamil
Exam centre cities belong to Tamilnadu
English and Urdu
All exam centre cities
English and Telugu
Exam centre belongs to Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
NEET UG 2023 Syllabus
- Candidates can check the NEET UG 2023 Syllabus through the below details. Candidates can start their preparation by going through NEET 2023 syllabus thoroughly.
- For CLASS 11TH –
- Physics –
- Physical World and Measurement Kinematics
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- The behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Oscillations and Waves
- Chemistry –
- Structure of Atom
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- s-block elements
- p-block elements
- Organic Chemistry
- Redox Reactions
- Environmental Chemistry
- Biology –
- Diversity in Living
- World Human Physiology
- Plant Physiology
- Cell Structure and Function
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- FOR CLASS 12TH –
- Physics –
- Current Electricity
- Electronic Devices
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnesium.
- Chemistry –
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- General Principles
- Processes of Isolation of Elements, p, d, f block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Surface Chemistry
- Solid State
- Phenols and Ethers
- Chemical Kinetics and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life.
- Biology –
- Ecology and Environment
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biotechnology and Its Application
- Biology and Human Welfare
NEET UG 2023 Preparation Tips
- Applicants can check the NEET UG 2023 exam preparation tips and can prepare accordingly:
- Applicants must solve all the question papers of previous years and also the sample question papers which will be available online.
- This would help the candidate to have a proper idea about the whole pattern of examination.
- Time management is very important during the preparation for the exam. Candidates must schedule their time accordingly.
- Candidates must focus on weaker topics first and keep practising instead of leaving the difficult parts.
Best Books for NEET Exam Preparation
- A multitude of books is available commercially which claims to help students prepare better for the NEET 2023 exam. It can be difficult and confusing at times to choose between popular books available for NEET 2023 preparations. Therefore we took the liberty to handpick a few useful ones that can be easily procured. Check them below:
Important Books to Prepare for NEET 2023
|Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma|
|Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker|
|Physical Chemistry: O.P. Tandon|
|Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for Class 11th and 12th|
|Trueman’s Objective Biology for NEET – Vol. I & II|
|Objective NCERT at your FINGERTIPS for NEET-AIIMS – Biology by MTG|
NEET UG 2023 Answer Key
Candidates can check the NEET UG 2023 Answer Key below given information:
- The NTA has display the NEET-Under Graduation 2023 Answer Key of the questions, allowing the applicants to challenge, in case of any doubt in the answer key on the website. For the exact date of display of the Answer Key, candidates may regularly check updates on the NTA website after the examination.
- Candidates will be allowed to make an online request against the Answer Key on payment of a non-refundable processing fee of Rs.1000/- per answer challenged.
- Any objection made by the applicants will be verified by the NTA with the help of its subject experts.
- If found correct, the answer key will be revised accordingly, based on the revised Answer Key, the result will again get prepared and declared.
- No individual candidate will be informed about the acceptance or nonacceptance of his/her objection.
NEET UG 2023 Reservation Policy
The candidates can check below reservation policy below that is followed for the 155 All India Quota seat allotments:
- 10% seats for General EWS candidates
- 15% of seats are reserved for SC candidates.
- 7.5% of seats are reserved for ST candidates.
- 27% reserved for OBC candidates.
NEET UG 2023 Results
- The results will be released through Online mode.
- To check the result, the applicants need to log in by entering their NEET UG 2023 application number & password. After this click on the “Submit” button.
- No category wise result sheet will be prepared. As soon as the result will get ready, NTA will display the results on the website and after that, the candidates can download their Result.
- The score, as well as, the merit list of the candidate will be displayed onscreen.
- The admission under 15% of All India Quota seats and State Quota Seats will be offered based on the rank obtained in NEET UG 202`.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the result for future correspondence
NEET UG 2023 Counselling
Only qualified candidates will be able to participate in the counselling. Counselling details can be checked through the below details.
- The candidates can make payment for Round 1 counselling from the 2nd week of June 2023.
- After the results will be announced, the Merit List of the candidates will also be released. The candidates whose names will be there on the merit list will be eligible to appear for NEET-UG 2023 Counseling.
- Online counselling will be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee of the Directorate General of Health Services.
- Information for online counselling will only be available on the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) website. Candidates who will be qualified are advised to read the counselling related information properly and understand what is the process for appearing in the Counselling.
- Candidates who want to apply for admission in State Medical Colleges/Universities/Institutions using merit list of NEET (UG) - 2023 will follow the instructions of the State Government and/or authorities of the Medical/Dental colleges/Institution/University concerned for counselling.
- Applicants will have to report to the allotted centres to confirm their allotted seats. The candidate also needs to pay the admission fee after Counselling, if a candidate fails to report at the allotted college his/her seat will be allotted to the waiting list candidates.
NEET UG 2023 Cut Off
- Applicants must secure a certain percentage of marks to be eligible for the All India based seat allotment. Candidates can check the table given below for the information on the NEET-UG cutoff
NEET-UG 2023 Cutoff
|Category||NEET UG cut off Percentile||NEET UG Cut off score|
NEET UG 2023 Test Centres
Candidates can check the test centres of the NEET-UG 2023 test centre through below given table:
Exam centres for NEET-UG 2023
|State||Number of Centres|
|Andaman and Nicobar||1|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||1|
|Daman and Diu||1|
|Jammu and Kashmir||2|
Candidates can check the centres and can choose the test centre accordingly
NEET UG 2023 Highlights
Candidates can check the highlights of the NEET-UG exam through the below details:
NEET UG 2023 Highlights
National Testing Agency
Undergraduate Courses in Medical Sciences
NEET UG Official website
To offer admissions in various Undergraduate Medical Courses across India.
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test- Under Graduation (NEET-UG)
NEET-UG is an entrance exam in India for candidates who wish to take admissions in various medical courses. It is a single entrance test for admissions to more than 66,000 MBBS and BDS seats across India. NEET-UG replaced the All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and all individual MBBS exams which were conducted by various states and colleges themselves in 2013.
National Testing Agency (NTA)
NTA is an Indian Government Agency that has been approved by the Union Council Ministers and was established in November 2017 for conducting various entrance examinations for higher educational institutes. The Minister of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India(GOI) has started the National Test Agency(NTA) as an independent and able to maintain itself testing agency for conduct the efficient, transparent and international standard test to access the competency of candidates for admission to premier higher education institutions. The objectives of NTA, inter-alia, include:
- To conduct efficient, transparent and international standard tests to assess the competency of candidates for admission.
- To research educational, professional and testing systems to identify gaps in the knowledge systems and take steps for bridging them.
- To identify experts and institutions in setting examination questions.
- To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional development standard.
what is the minimum mark limit i have to cross to qualify NEET?????
Can a b.sc nursing student give neet exams after graduation if yes, then they can get direct third year entries for doing so please reply
How many times I attend the Neet exam?