NEET UG 2020 Result will be declared in the month of September 2020. National Test Agency will declare the result on the official website. Candidates have to log in using roll no and password to check the result. Candidate has to score minimum cutoff marks to qualify the entrance exam. Shortlisted candidate will be called for the counselling. Candidate can read the given below article to know more about NEET UG 2020 Result.
NEET UG 2020 Result Dates
Applicants can check the important dates and events regarding NEET UG 2020 Result from the below-given table:
NEET UG 2020 Result
|NEET 2020 Result Events||Important Dates|
|NEET 2020 exam date||13 September 2020|
|Declaration of NEET 2020 Result||September 2020|
NEET UG 2020 Result
NTA will declare the NEET UG 2020 Result in September 2020 on the official website. Candidate must note that authority will not declare the result category-wise.
- The score, as well as, the merit list of the candidate will be displayed onscreen. Authority will also publish the NEET UG 2020 Merit List after the declaration of the result.
- The admission under 15% of All India Quota seats and State Quota Seats will be offered based on the rank obtained in NEET UG 2020.
- The qualified candidate will be called for the NEET UG 2020 Counselling.
- Candidates are required to take a print out of the result for future references.
How to Download NEET UG 2020 Result?
Applicants can follow the below-given steps to download NEET UG 2020 Result:
Step 1: Visit the official website.
Step 2: Enter the roll no and password.
Step 3: NEET UG 2020 result will be displayed on the screen.
Step 4: Candidate must take a print of the result for future references.
Details given on NEET UG 2020 Result
Given below are the following details which will be given on the NEET UG 2020 scorecard:
- NEET 2020 roll number.
- Application Number.
- Identity Type.
- Minority type.
- Candidate’s name.
- Mother’s name.
- Father’s name.
- Date of birth.
- Marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
- Total Marks.
- Percentile score.
- NEET 2020 All India Quota rank.
- Cut off percentile and score.
- Number of Candidates qualified.
NEET UG 2020 Merit List
After the declaration of the result NTA will release the NEET UG 2020 Merit list in two types which are given below:
- NEET UG 2020 Merit list for counselling under 15% All India Quota.
- NEET UG 2020 Merit list for seats other than 15% All India Quota.
For 15% All India Quota
The merit list for 15% All India Quota seats will be released online on the website for NTA for the eligible candidates who opted for 15% All India quota seat. The merit list will be prepared based on marks obtained by the candidate in the NEET 2020. It will consist of details of those applicants who qualify the entrance exam by securing minimum qualifying marks.
For Other Seats
NTA will release All India Rank and NEET UG 2020 result with DGHS, MOhFW and Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India which will further forward to the admitting authorities in the concerned state. The counselling authorities will release the application form for NEET-UG 2020 qualified candidates and releases their separate merit list based on All India Rank.
NEET UG 2020 Tie-Breaking Criteria
In the case of candidates getting the same score then the authority will follow the tie-breaking criteria to resolve the tie. Given below is the tie-breaking criteria for NEET UG 2020:
- A candidate who will obtain higher marks/percentile score in Biology (Botany & Zoology) in the exam will be rank higher in the merit list.
- If the tie still exists then the candidate obtaining higher marks/percentile score in Chemistry will be given preference in the entrance exam.
- If the tie is still there, then the candidate with less proportion of a number of attempted incorrect answers and correct answers in all the subjects in the entrance exam will be placed higher in the merit list.
- If the tie is still not resolved then the candidate older in age will be given preference.
NEET UG 2020 Cutoff
To qualify the entrance exam candidate has to score a minimum qualifying score. Given below is the NEET UG previous year cutoff from which a candidate can get an idea of the qulifying marks:
|Category||NEET UG 2019 Cut Off Percentile||NEET UG 2019 Cutoff Score||Number of Candidates|
Given below is the category-wise cutoff percentile for previous year:
|Category||Cut off percentile|
|General – EWS||50th|
|SC / ST / OBC||40th|
NEET UG 2020 Counselling
Counselling details can be checked through below details
- After the results will be announced, the Merit List of the candidates will also be released. The candidates whose name will be there on the merit list will be eligible to appear for NEET-UG 2020 Counseling.
- Online counselling will be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee of the Directorate General of Health Services.