WBJEEB will not conduct the WBJEEB JEHOM exam from 2021 and onward. WBJEEB JEHOM 2023 is organized by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB). WBJEE 2023 examination is for the aspirants who want admission in four years degree course in Hotel Management and Catering Technology. Last year 220 seats were offered under JEHOM and 120 seats for NSHM School of Hotel Management, 40 in Siliguri Institute of Technology, and 60 in Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management. The candidate must read the below-given article to know more about WBJEEB JEHOM 2023.
- West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board will not conduct common entrance tests or counselling for JEHOM or JEEDEC in the year 2021 and onward.
- Instead, WBJEEB will conduct centralized online e-counselling and provisional admission on the basis of marks in qualifying examination (class 12 examination) for the candidates who have already applied for JEHOM-2023.
WBJEEB JEHOM 2023 Important Dates
Candidates can find important dates and events related to WBJEEB JEHOM 2023 from the given table below:
WBJEEB JEHOM 2023 Important Dates (Tentative)
|Starting of Online registration||March 2023|
|Last date to fill form & make fee payment||April 2023|
|Downloading the confirmation page||April 2023|
|Correction window opens||April 2023|
|Availability of admit card||May 2023|
|Exam date||May 2023|
|Publication of Answer key||June 2023|
|Last date of challenging the answer key||June 2023|
|Publication of final answer key||June 2023|
|Declaration of result||June 2023|
WBJEEB JEHOM 2023 Application Form
Candidates could fill WBJEEB JEHOM 2023 Application Form on the WBJEEB official website.
- JEHOM Registration form will be available on the WBJEEB Official website.
- The candidate is advised to read all the instructions given on the application form carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Candidates must finish the registration procedure by filling in the email id and the telephone number.
- When the registration is finished the application number effectively will be sent to the aspirants through email or as SMS on their telephone.
- To fill the application form aspirants need to utilize the application number to sign in.
- Every one of the fields in the application form must be filled correctly to avoid rejection of the application form
- Candidates additionally need to transfer the checked duplicate of the most recent international ID measure photo with the signature according to the directions.
WBJEEB JEHOM 2023 Application Fee
The candidates can check the WBJEEB JEHOM 2023 application form Fee details below in the given points:
- The application fee for WBJEEB JEHOM is Rs 500/-(common for all)
- Fee once paid will not be refunded in any case by the authority.
Mode of Payment - Registration fee can be paid via Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
WBJEEB JEHOM 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must check their eligibility before filling the WBJEEB JEHOM 2023 application form:
- Citizenship: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit: Not less than 17 years.
- The candidate must qualify and obtain a rank in WBJEEB JEHOM.
- Candidate must have passed in 10+2 level examination in regular mode from West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or any other equivalent board and secured at least 45% marks in aggregate in 10+2 level examination.
Important information to candidate regarding eligibility:
- WBJEEBB does neither verify the information provided by the candidate during online application nor verify any certificate of date of birth, domicile, income, reservation category, academic qualification, etc for deciding the eligibility criteria of the candidate.
- Admit cards/Hall Tickets are issued only based on the information provided by the aspirant.
- Also, there is no scope for changing or correcting any information after the last date of the online application
- All verifications are done during the counselling process by concerned authorities and finally by the concerned university, where registration will be done.
- If at any stage after the exam it is found that the applicant is otherwise ineligible, the candidature will be treated as cancelled even if they secured a Merit Rank in the JEHOM-2023.
- All the three concerned institutes taking admission in Hotel Management and Catering Technology through JEHOM-2023 being private self-financed institutes, reservation of seats is not applicable at this time.
WBJEEB JEHOM 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of WBJEEB JEHOM 2023 for aspirants taking up the exam has been provided as under:
Paper Pattern of WBJEEB JEHOM 2023
Offline (Pen and Paper-based)
Duration of Examination
1.5 hours (90 Minutes)
Language of Examination
Distribution of Subjects
English: 15, General Knowledge: 15, Logical Reasoning: 10, Elementary Mathematics: 10
Marking Scheme of questions
Correct Answer: +2 marks, Incorrect Answer: -1/2 marks, Unanswered Question: 0 marks
Standard Syllabi of Class 11 and Class 12 as prescribed by West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSEC)
General Knowledge; English Language; Elementary Mathematics; Logical Reasoning
Number of Questions from Each Subject:-
Section-wise distribution of Marks for JEHOM 2023
WBJEEB JEHOM 2023 Preparation Tips
Besides knowing the exam pattern, important books of WBJEEB JEHOM. It is essential to follow a proper preparation time table. Given below are some important tips for preparation:
- Proper time management: Prepare a proper time table before starting the preparation. Divide syllabus into sections that needs more time and which needs less.
- Check the syllabus carefully: While preparing for the exam, candidates must check the important topics and chapters. So, for preparation candidates must analyze the syllabus properly.
- Pick good study material: Candidates must be sure that the books picked up for the preparation of the exam are up to date and have the concepts clearly stated.
- Understand the concepts: Clear all concepts regarding every topic before appearing for the test.
- Revise all topics: Candidates must make sure that each and every topic is revised before the day of examination.
WBJEEB JEHOM 2023 Admit card
WBJEEB Jehom 2023 Admit Card will be declared online on the official site from the authority.
- The Admit Card will be out soon.
- The candidate can download their Hall Ticket for further process.
- No aspirants are allowed to take part in the exam without JEHOM admit card.
- The candidates must check the entries made therein are correct.
- They must make sure that the hall ticket is not mutilated /distorted/soiled even by the accident.
WBJEEB JEHOM 2023 Result
- Duplicate rank cards will not be generated under any stage after completion of counselling.
- The candidate is advised to download their rank card by logging in with the password on the official website.
- The result will be published in the form of a rank card, which will have details like ranks & total score of the candidates.
- In order to get a duplicate rank card, the candidate must apply to the board & pay a processing fee of Rs 500/- by a bank draft in the name of " West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board" payable in Kolkata.
WBJEEB JEHOM 2023 Tie Breaker Rule
In the case of Tie the following ways are to be followed for breaking the Tie:
- Less negative marks in total
- More positive marks in English
- More positive marks in General Knowledge
- More positive marks in logical reasoning
- More positive marks in elementary mathematics
- Less negative marks in English
- Less negative marks in general knowledge
- Less negative marks in logical reasoning
- Less negative marks in elementary mathematics
- If the tie still exists, preference will be given through DOB
WBJEEBB JEHOM 2023 Counselling
A separate notification with details of WBJEEBB JEHOM 2023 counselling, seat allotment, and admission will be published on the official website after the announcement of the result.
- Candidates selected provisionally in the rank list will be called to attend the counselling procedure where their original documents/certificates will be checked and verified carefully by the authority.
- All the verification will be done at the designated venue. After scrutiny, registration of aspirants will be done.
- The candidate has to appear themselves. No, another person is allowed to appear for counselling and admission on behalf of the applicant.
- West Bengal JEHOM counselling 2023 will be conducted online.
- Only registered aspirants will be allowed to appear in the counselling.
- Eligible aspirants will be informed through the official website and emails for the documents verification round.
- Aspirants must be present at the counselling venue along with all the required documents.
- If a candidate found ineligible at any stage of counselling, then he/she would not get admission.
- WBJEEB JEHOM 2023 counselling will be conducted at the office of the WBJEEB Board at Kolkata.
- No other person will be allowed to attend admission and counselling procedure on the behalf of the candidate under normal circumstances.
- Candidates are required to produce a printed copy of the application form at the time of counselling.
- Seats will be allotted to the aspirants based on merit, availability of seats, and documents.
- As soon as the official counselling schedule will be released, we will update the same here.
- In case of any issue related to West Bengal JEHOM counselling, aspirants must contact the counselling body.
Documents Required for WBJEEB JEHOM Counselling
Candidate needs to bring the following documents/certificates:
- A printed copy of the online filled in Counseling Form,
- Rank card/ Result sheet of WBJEEB JEHOM 2023,
- Admit card of WBJEEB JEHOM -2023
- Counselling fee receipt.
- Self-attested photocopy of Secondary Examination (Class 10th)
- Self-attested photocopy of mark sheet of Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination.
- Medical certificate
- Category certificate (for SC/ST/OBC aspirants)
- Passport-sized photographs
- Other supportive documents.
WBJEEB JEHOM 2023 Seat Matrix
Below we have shared the number of seats (tentative) in various colleges of West Bengal-
Name of the Institute’s
Siliguri Institute of Technology
Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management
NSHM School of Hotel Management
Allocation of Exam Center
- During the online application, the candidate has to choose any 2 (two) of the following examination zones
- Durgapur (Code: 731)
- Kolkata (Code: 811)
- Siliguri (Code: 751)
WBJEEB JEHOM 2023 Highlights
Major points of WBJEEB JEHOM given below:
|Name of the Department||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board|
|Exam Name||JEHOM Joint Entrance Exam|
|Name of the Courses||Bachelor Degree in HMCT|
|Admission to||Hotel Management and Catering Technology|
|WBJEEB JEHOM Official Website||https://wbjeeb.in/jehom|
Stay connected for more updates about WBJEEB JEHOM 2023 at West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) was constituted in the year 1962 by the Government of West Bengal, in the exercise of the powers conferred under Article 162 of the Constitution of India pursuant to No. 828-Edn(T), dated 02.03.1962 for the purpose of conducting Joint Entrance Examination for admission to various institutions in West Bengal imparting education in medical, engineering and technological courses. The Board has been awarded the status of Statutory Body enacted vide "West Bengal Act XIV of 2014" named as "The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board Act, 2014". The Board is empowered to conduct common, combined, competitive, entrance examinations for admission to the undergraduate professional and vocational courses in any College or any University in the State of West Bengal.