JEE Main April 2020 exam will be held in April 2020. National Testing Agency (NTA) will declared that JEE Main will be conducted twice in a year i.e., JEE Main January 2020 conducted in January and JEE Main April 2020 will be conducted in April 2020. Hence, now the candidates will not only have the choice of centres along with the choice to select their date of appearing in the examination. NTA will hold the test in Computer-Based mode, thus there will be no pen-paper based examination. Below are all the details related to JEE Main April 2020 exam dates, application form, syllabus, exam pattern, preparations, books, answer keys, result, and counselling.
Upcoming Application Form
- CBSE 10th & 12th Board Dates Apply Now
JEE Main April Exam Latest Update
- As per TOI reports, 72 per cent of the JEE Main 2020 January candidates registered again for JEE Main April exam to improve their scores.
- Over 9.34 lakh aspirants have registered for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) April exam.
A candidate may appear in paper 1 and paper 2 depending upon the courses the candidate wishes to pursue. All the candidates aspiring to take admission to the undergraduate programs at IITs for the year 2020 will have to appear in paper 1 (B.E/B.Tech) of JEE Main 2020. Based on the performance in paper 1 (B.E/B.Tech) of JEE Main 2020, a number of top candidates as per requirement of JEE Advanced (including all categories) will be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2020.
JEE Main April 2020
JEE Main January 2020 exam results will be announced on 31 January 2020. Progressing with the application process for the April session from 07 February 2020. The official website of NTA will present the application forms as usual at nta.ac.in. JEE Main April 2020 will be the second opportunity for those candidates who want to appear for JEE Main January 2020 exam. Hence, this the best opportunity one can grab for to show even better results. Your best score out of both the exam will be used for both admission and ranking criteria.
|Paper||Subjects||Mode of Examination||Timings|
|Paper 1 (for B.E./B.Tech.)||Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry||“Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only||First Shift: 9.30 am to 12.30 pm
Second Shift: 02.30 p.m. to 05.30 p.m
|Paper-2 (For B. Arch/ B.Planning)||Mathematics – Part I Aptitude Test – Part II||“Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only||Can be held in two or more shifts|
|Drawing Test – Part III||“Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on a Drawing sheet|
JEE Main April 2020 Exam Dates
The NTA will now finally announce JEE Main april 2020 Registration Date. The most important thing to take in consideration is, the candidates who have registered themselves for JEE Main January 2020 and wants to appear in JEE Main April 2020 as well, one needs to fill the jee mains 2020 application form as a new candidate again. Candidates can check the dates in the article below.
|Release of Online Application||07 February 2020|
|Image correction window opens||February 2020|
|Availability of mock test||February 2020|
|Last date to submit application||07 March 2020|
|Last date to make payment of fee||2nd week of March 2020|
|Admit card||16 March 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam||03 – 09 April 2020|
|Result||30 April 2020|
JEE Main April 2020 Application Form
Candidates have to register yourself for the April examination, even if you have appeared for the January examination. Thus, as per the date mentioned above on this page, the application form for JEE Main April 2020 will be available at nta.ac.in. Candidates have to Fill JEE mains 2020 registration form all over again.
Important Exam Update
- Updates Regarding JEE Main 2020
It will be mandatory to provide Aadhar card details to fill the application form, be prepared while filling the application form. Here are the following steps to apply online:
- Visit the official website of NTA.
- Click on ‘engineering exams’
- Navigate to the registration button’
- Follow the steps thereafter to complete the application process.
Documents to be kept ready by the candidates:
Following documents are required and specification is given below.
- Size – 10KB to 200KB
- Dimensions – 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- File Format – JPEG/JPG
Signature of Candidate and Father/Mother/Guardian
- Size – 4KB to 30KB
- Dimensions – 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm
- File Format – JPEG/JPG
Steps to Fill JEE Main April 2020 – Application Form
The candidates can follow the given steps to fill the application form of JEE Main April 2020.
- Firstly, Registration
- Secondly, Filling of Online Application Form
- Furthermore, Uploading of Scanned Images
- Moreover, Payment of Examination Fees
- Finally, Print out of Acknowledgement Page
Examination or Application Fee
The application fee payment can only be made online as well as offline mode. either by debit card/ credit card or net banking up to 11:50 P.M. and through e-challan in offline mode. The application fee has been reduced as compared to the previous year’s. Candidates can read the details hereunder:
||UR and OBC||PwD, SC, ST, and Girls|
|If Opting for Exam Center in India|
|JEE Main Paper 1 or Paper 2||
||Rs. 325 (Girls & Boys)|
|Both JEE Main Paper 1 and 2||
||Rs. 650 (Girls & Boys)|
|If Opting for Exam Center Outside India|
|JEE Main Paper 1 or Paper 2||
||Rs. 1500 (Girls & Boys)|
|Both JEE Main Paper 1 and 2||
||Rs. 3000 (Girls & Boys)|
JEE Main April 2020 Application Form Correction
NTA will provide one-time correction opportunity to the candidates who have registered successfully for JEE Main 2020. Candidates need to login their Application Form Number and password/Date of Birth. If the candidates have any rectification regarding the Application Form the correction window will open for 1 week.
What are the details which can be Corrected in JEE main 2020 Application Form?
Details which can be corrected in the Application Form are detailed below:
- Candidate Name
- Date of Birth
- State of Eligibility
- Changing the choice of paper
- Educational Details
- Medium of Examination
JEE Main April 2020 Attempts limits and Eligibility
The most important question among the students is- “If this is my third attempt then will be able to appear in both January and April Exam?”
Answer: However, there was no detailed information given recently in the press conference held. Since both the examination is conducted for a single admission process both the examination will be conducted in a single attempt. Therefore, we advise you to wait for the detailed notice after which we will update the information here.
Eligibility criteria remain the same, they are hereunder:
Age Limit – The date of birth of the candidate should be on or after October 01, 1993. However, 05 years relaxation shall be given to the SC/ST/ PWD candidates.
Educational Qualification – The candidate should have passed Class 12th or its equivalent examination from any recognized board. Also, the applicant should have studied at least five subjects in class 12th/qualifying examination in order to be eligible for JEE Main 2020.
Number of Attempts – The candidate can appear for JEE Main a total of 03 consecutive times.
JEE Main April 2020 Admit Card
- Registered candidates will be able to download the admit card of JEE Main April Exam 2020 on the official site..
- Details regarding the examination venue, timings, roll number and more will be available in the admit card.
- The candidates will be required to download and produce the admit card at the examination centre.
- A photo identity proof also has to be produced with the admit card.
- Therefore, without the admit card of JEE Main 2020, the candidates will not be allowed to participate in the examination.
JEE Main April 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for JEE Main April 2020 remains the same as JEE Main January 2020. The candidates who are appearing in the examination can check the syllabus hereunder:
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Matrices and Determinants
- Permutations and Combinations
- Mathematical Inductions
- Sequences and Series
- Binomial Theorem and its simple applications
- Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equation
- Co-ordination Geometry
- Three dimension Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics and Probability
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Physics and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Rotational Motion
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Some basic concepts in Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- General Principles and processes of isolation of metals
- s-block elements
- p-block elements
- d and f- block elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
- Purification and characterization of Organic compound
- Some basic principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic compounds containing Halogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen
- Bio molecules
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Principles related to practical chemistry
Exam Pattern For Joint Entrance Main April Examination 2020
NTA will not be changing the exam pattern, it will be the same. Except that the candidates have to appear for the exam in online mode only.
- Mode of Examination: Online (Computer Based Test).
- Duration of the exam: 03 hours.
- Type of Questions: Objective Type / MCQ questions.
- The medium of Question Papers: The candidates will be given a choice in the medium of the question papers. The medium of examination in all test centres will be in English and Hindi Medium. However, for Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli, the questions will be available in English, Hindi, and Gujarati. Therefore, the candidates need to opt for the medium of question paper at the time of filling the application form.
|Paper 1 – For BE/B.Tech|
|Subject||Number of questions||Max Marks|
|Paper 2 – For B.Arch/B.Plan|
|Subject||Number of questions||Max Marks|
- For every correct answer, 04 marks will be given.
- Also, there shall be a negative marking of 01 marks for every incorrect answer.
- No marks will be deducted or awarded in case if the question is left unanswered.
- NTA has announced the exam centres of JEE Main 2020.
- While filling the application form, the candidates will have to select their preferred choices of exam centres for JEE Main April 2020.
- The list of centres where the examination will be held will be listed out in the application form and the candidates will have to select their preferred centres.
- Allotment of centres will be done according to the preference of the candidates and availability of the centre.
NTA will be releasing the mock test of JEE Main April 2020 Exam. The jee mains 2020 mock test will consist of the exact pattern as the examination. Through the mock test, the candidates will be able to prepare for the examination by analyzing their pattern of the test. Using the mock test of JEE Main 2020, the candidates will be able to practically apply whatever they have studied and also strengthen their time management.
JEE Main April 2020 Exam Answer Key
- NTA will be releasing the answer key of JEE Main April Session after the examination is successfully conducted.
- The correct answers to the questions asked in the examination will be released in the answer key.
- Candidates can calculate their probable scores using the answer key. While calculating the scores, the candidates have to use the correct marking scheme.
- Objections to the answer key of JEE Main 2020 will also be accepted by the authorities.
JEE Main April Exam Result
The result of JEE Main April 2020 will be released on 30 April. Candidates will be able to check their result in online mode. Information such as All India Rank (AIR), subject wise scores, total marks, category rank and more will be available in the JEE Main 2020 result. The qualifying status for JEE Advanced will also be present in the result.
JEE Main Rank List 2020
- A common rank list for both the January and April session of Joint Entrance Exam (Main) will be released by the admission committees.
- Also, the scores secured in the examination will be taken into consideration while preparing the rank list.
- Moreover, if the candidate has appeared for both the sessions, then the best of the two will be considered for the JEE Main 2020 rank list.
JEE Main Cutoff 2020
Candidates will be able to access two types of JEE Main 2020 cutoff – the qualifying cutoff and the admission cutoff. The qualifying cutoff will be displayed on the result of JEE Main April 2020 which will be the minimum marks which the candidates need to secure to be eligible for JEE Advanced. During the counselling process (which will be held by JoSAA), the admission cutoff will be announced. Admission cutoff will consist of the opening and closing ranks for admissions into the various participating institutes. The admission cutoff will vary as per the course and category of the candidates. Candidates can check the cutoff of JEE Main 2020 below.
JEE Main Qualifying Cutoff Trends:
JEE Main Counselling 2020
- NTA will not hold for the counselling session of JEE Main 2020. Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will be conducting the JEE Main 2020 counselling in online mode.
- The counselling will be a centralized process for admissions into the NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs.
- Selected candidates will have to register and select their choice of colleges and courses.
- Allotment will be done according to their rank, choice of courses and institutes and availability of seats.
- However, Other than JoSAA, many other states, and private institutes also accept JEE Main scores for their admission process.
JEE Main April 2020 Examination Highlights
The exam pattern, syllabus and the application fee is not changing.
Joint Entrance Examination (Main)
Commonly Known As
JEE Main April Examination 2020
National Testing Agency (NTA)
Undergraduate Engineering Entrance Exam
Level of Exam
Number of Sessions
Twice in a year – January and April
Mode of Examination Paper I – Will be held completely held in Computer-based Mode. Paper II – Mathematics and Aptitude test will be computer-based while Drawing test will be pen-and-paper based
Purpose of Examination
Admission into NITs, IIITs and CFTIs, Qualifying Test for JEE Advanced.
Number of Applicants
Over 12 Lakh
Number of Test Centres in India
To be notified for April Exam
Number of Test Centres Abroad
To be notified for April Exam
Haryana, Odisha, Nagaland, Madhya Pradesh and Uttarakhand
States accepting JEE Main Scores
Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and Rajasthan
There will be two types of candidates in JEE Main April 2020 Exam. Lets us categorize them into Type A and Type B.
Type A: Candidates who will not appear in JEE Main January 2020, and will be appearing in JEE Main April 2020
What might trouble you? If you fall into this category then nothing much will change in your preparation. It is just that you will be facing the examination for the first time in 2020 after NTA has taken up its conduction. Thus, just being exam prepared you to have to be prepared to face a whole new conducting body.
Although the exam pattern won’t change, the level of the exam may go a bit high. As it is clearly mentioned in the press release by NTA that “The NTA will bring the qualitative difference in the examination process”. Therefore you need to be a bit cautious.
What can you do to be prepared?
Although the above case is valid, it can be nullified. How? Well, you will have the question papers from the January examination. Thus, you will be aware of how much NTA has brought changes in the level of questions. Therefore, after the release question papers and answer keys of the January exam which will be probably in the month of January itself, candidates will have 3 months to work out the level of questions.
Type B: Candidates who will appear in both the exam – January, and April
Only Advantages for you!! There is no harm in testing your self twice, you just get better. JEE Main April 2020 will be like a second chance for you if have already appeared in the January exam. You have the chance to score even better. Thus, we would just like to wish you all the best!
Although, remember if you are appearing once or even twice, doesn’t matter. Your preparation should go on as usual – complete NCERT textbooks and first and then apply the concepts by solving questions from the reference books or mock papers.
FAQs On JEE Main April 2020
As now that National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced the dates and confirmed that JEE Main will be held twice a year and in online mode only, here are few frequent questions that we have been receiving. If you don’t see your doubts answered here, feel free to ask us in the comments below:
Q1: What is the advantage of twice a year exam?
A: There are many. Here we are listing a few of them:
- You will have two chances to perform.
- You can appear in either exam if you are unable to appear in any one of them.
- Also, if you feel you couldn’t do better on the first exam, you can learn from your mistakes and do well in the second one.
Q2: How will NTA Calculate the Result, given that there will be 8 sittings in both the January and April Exam?
A: For the 8 sittings, NTA will use a standardized method to calculate the scores. This will eliminate any irregularity in difficulty level that may be existing in all the 8 sittings. Now, only one AIR will be published after both the exams. Candidates will be ranked on the basis of their best scores out the two exams.
Q3: Does the criteria of 75% marks in boards still valid?
A: Yes, it is still valid.
Q4: If the examinations are in online mode only, how will we attend the drawing questions in Paper 2?
A: Do not worry, like NATA, NTA might provide sheets to attempt the drawing questions.
Q5: I am giving JEE for the third time. So I wanted to know that, can I appear in both the January and April exam? Or if I give the January exam it will be counted as my third attempt?
A: See, logically speaking, you must be able to give both the exams. As the score of one will be used for AIR and admission, it seems that both the attempts will be counted as one and not two. But we think we should wait for the detailed information brochure.
Q6: Can anyone who is going to give improvement for class 12 in 2020 can give jee mains in January as well as in April 2020?
A: Yes, they can!
JEE Main 2020 April Examination Notification
The National Testing Agency Released the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) April Examination Notification:
Official Website of JEE main April 2020: www.nta.ac.in
, jee main exam date 2020, jee mains 2020 april exam application form