JEE Main 2020 Application Form for Jammu and Kashmir students can be submitted till 08 November 2019 for January 2020 session. As per earlier decisions, the JEE Main examination will be conducted by NTA twice a year. The first attempt will be conducted from 06 – 09 January 2020 and the second attempt will be held from 03 – 09 April 2020. Also, now it will be mandatory for all the aspirants to have a valid Aadhaar card. The 12 digit identification number (Aadhaar No.) issued by UIDAI, is not mandatory for applying for JEE Main 2020. Download the JEE Main Information Booklet here (PDF link is given below). The last date to fill the online application form is 10 October 2019. How to apply for JEE Mains 2020 online is given here in detail.
Upcoming Application Form
- SRM University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
Information Regarding JEE Main January 2020 (first attempt) – Latest Update:
- The JEE Main 2020 Application Form for J&K students can be submitted until 08 November 2019. Click here>> Application Form.
- National Test Agency (NTA) has increased the JEE Main Application Fee from 30% to 50%.
- Calculate your rank for JEE Main January 2020 here.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form
Following are steps to fill the online application form for Joint Entrance Examination (Main) January Session. The application process is very simple for JEE main application form.
|JEE Main Application form Official Link – Apply Now|
- First of all, candidates need to register online and follow the registration process.
- Also, Candidates need the Aadhaar Card Number (Not Mandatory) for JEE Main Registration. However, the applicants who don’t have Aadhaar Number and have enrolled for the same can provide the Aadhaar acknowledgement Number.
- Moreover, the candidates can get the Aadhaar registration number from authorized facilitation centres if they are unable to access the Adhaar enrollment facility.
- Also, the above-mentioned provision is applicable to all the candidates except Candidates from J&K, Meghalaya, and Assam.
- Further, candidates from J&K, Meghalaya, and Assam may enter their Bank account number, passport number, ration card no. or any other valid Govt ID proof if they opted for exam city in these states only.
- However, PIO and OCI candidates can provide their Passport Number.
- Thumb impression need not be uploaded.
- Moreover, SBI Buddy Wallet and PayTM can be used to pay the application fee.
- Also, e-challan of only HDFC/Syndicate/Canara/ICICI bank can be used to pay the fee offline.
- Print Confirmation Page of Online Application Form from NTA’s website after payment of fees.
JEE Main Information Brochure for January Session
Candidates should go through the instructions (JEE Main 2020 January Session Information Brochure PDF) carefully before they start to fill up the application form of JEE Main 2020. Accordingly, it’s better to read the information bulletin for JEE Main before proceeding with application form filling. Further, candidates must ensure that they meet all the eligibility requirements before filling the application form. Also, applicants need to submit their Aadhaar Number, Name, DOB and Gender for registration. It is informed that Candidates who will not bring these will not be allowed to sit in the examination and shall lead to his/her disqualification. Hence, the candidates are advised to check this website and newspaper regularly to know the appointed dates for the corrections or making modifications in the application form for JEE Main 2020. Go through the article to get a complete idea regarding the important dates for filling up the JEE Main Application Form 2020.
JEE Main 2020 Application Dates
Important Date for JEE Main January 2020 (first attempt), What is the date of JEE Main 2020?
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about JEE Main 2020 Application Form: NTA Information Brochure PDF
|Events||JEE Main January 2020 (First Attempt Dates)|
|Availability of Application Form||03 September 2019|
|Last date to submit Application Form||10 October 2019 (Extended)|
|Application Correction window||14 – 20 October 2019|
|Last date for a successful final transaction of fee (through Credit/Debit Card/ Net Banking up to 11.50 p.m.
and through e-challan up to bank hours)
|11 October 2019|
|Application Form for J&K Students||04 – 08 November 2019|
|Dates of JEE Main 2020 Examination||06 – 09 January 2020|
Important Checkpoints for Application form of JEE Main 2020
Candidate must ensure that e-mail address and Mobile No. provided in the Online Application Form are his/her own as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through the e-mail address or SMS on given Mobile Number only. The candidates are advised to retain the same mobile number and e-mail-id in use which they have furnished in the application form because the important information may be given to the candidates through SMS or e-mail. Candidate himself/herself shall be held responsible for non-receipt of latest information/ communication due to the wrong e-mail address and Mobile No. provided in the Online Application Form.[/su_highlight]
- Online Application Form Submission must be done by accessing NTA website www.jeemain.nic.in only.
- Firstly, Aadhaar is a compulsory requirement for filling the JEE Main 2020 Application Form.
- Then, the candidates should read the JEE Main information bulletin properly. And, eligibility criteria should be checked prior to filing the online application for JEE Main 2020.
- Further, Only one application form from a candidate is acceptable. If any candidate tries to do otherwise, his or her application will be immediately cancelled.
- Also, the details required to be filled in JEE Main 2020 application form must be checked properly before submission. No editing can be possible after the payment of the application fee.
- However, some important particulars can be corrected during a specified time period allotted by the exam authorities. But candidates should keep in mind that this provision is not applicable to all the details entered.
- Candidate should exercise utmost precaution while filling the JEE Main 2020 Application Form.
- In the case of any difficulty, the candidates can contact the facilitation centres authorized by the board. Finally, the list of facilitation centre is available online as well as in the information bulletin. And, the assistance is free for all the candidates.
What is the required procedure to fill the JEE Main Application Form 2020 and How to fill the JEE Main Online Application Form?
The Essential Requirements Before Online Registration are given below.
First of all, JEE Main candidates need to register online. The candidates need to have the following details ready for the registration process:
- Valid Email Id.
- Candidate’s Mobile Number.
- Recent B/W Passport Size Photograph.
- Scanned Signature.
- The photograph must have the candidate’s name and date on it.
- Also, Candidates should keep the details of the qualifying exam (XIIth) handy.
- Also, applicants should be ready with the debit/credit card details or e-challan details.
- While registering, candidates should choose a password according to the specified rules.
- And, the password must contain the 8-13 character, at least one upper and lower case, the numeric value and special character must be there.
- Finally, Choose the Security question as per your convenience which can be remembered easily.
Guideline for Scanned Photograph and Signature Upload for JEE Main Online Application Form
Applicants need to follow the guidelines regarding the particulars of the scanned photograph and signature. Go to the table for the format and exact size, dimensions required at the time of online application:
|Particulars Name||Format||File-Size(in KB)||Dimension (in cm)|
|Photograph of Candidate||JPEG||10KB-200KB||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Signature of Candidate||JPEG||4KB-30KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
Candidates should check for the given specifications for Photograph and signature so that they can easily fill the details without any errors. It will save time as well.
How to Fill the JEE Main January Exam Application Form Online?
Following are the Application filling Procedure for the National Testing Agency Engineering Entrance Examination. And, Candidates need to enter the following details in the JEE Main January 2020 Application Form:
Follow the following Four Steps to Apply Online:
Step-1: Fill in the online Application Form and Note down the system generated Application Number
Step-2: Upload scanned images of Candidate`s Photograph (between 10 kb–200 kb) and Candidate‟s Signature (between
(4kb – 30 kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
Step-3: Make a payment of fee using SBI_MOPS and keep proof of fee paid.
Step-4: Print at least four printouts of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee.
Qualifying Examination Details:
- State from where candidate appeared in the Qualifying Exam.
- YOP(Year of passing) XIIth class/Qualifying Examination
- Qualifying Examination Board Name
- XIIth Board Roll Number
Note: The candidates who have appeared in XIIth boards in 2020 need not enter their roll number at the time of registration. It is required at the time of Admit card download.
- Name of the Candidate
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- The State of Eligibility
- Date of Birth
- If the Candidate is a female state if you are the only child of your parent
- Person with Disability
- If PwD, Mention the percentage of Disability
- Scribe/reader required?
- Address for Correspondance
- Pincode of City
- Aadhaar Card Details(if Available)
- Year of Passing Xth Standard.
- XIIth Schooling done from(village/town/city).
- Year of Passing/Appearing in the Qualifying Examination.
- Board Name of Qualifying Examination.
- Roll Number of 12th Class Qualifying Exam.
- Name of Qualifying Examination.
- Institution Type(Govt/Private).
- Percentage of Marks in XIIth.
- If appearing for improvement then provide XIIth class Roll Number(Passed Exam).
- Mode of Preparation(Self-Study/Tuition/Coaching/Others).
- Name of School/College from where the candidate has passed or appearing for the Qualifying Exam.
- Valid Email Id
- Mobile Number
- Landline Number or any other alternate contact number
- Father’s Qualification
- Annual Income
- Mother’s Qualification
- Annual Income
Exam Related detail:
- Step 1. Application form
- Step 2. Mode of Examination
- Step 3. The first choice of exam centre
- Step 4. The second choice of exam centre
- Step 5. The third choice of exam centre
- Step 6. Fourth choice of exam centre
- Step 7. Question paper medium.
Declaration by the Candidate: All the candidates need to declare that they have provided correct details. Also, they have read all the terms and conditions for JEE Main and Advanced and will follow the rules without fail.
Download Official Replica of JEE Main 2020 Application Form Here.
Uploading Photograph and Signature
The candidates should upload the scanned B/W photograph, signature as per required format and have the exact size and dimensions. The photographs without the name and date are also acceptable.
Acknowledgement Slip and Application Number:
Finally, Candidates will get an Acknowledgement Page and Application Number after successful submission of all the details. And, the applicants must keep the acknowledgement slip properly for future reference. However, it should NOT be sent to JEE main authorities by post.
The entire application process of JEE (Main) January 2020 is online, including uploading of scanned images, Payment of Fees and Printing of Confirmation page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation page to NTA through Post/Fax/ By Hand.
Application Form Correction:
- The organizing authority will open the website for a limited correction once before releasing the admit card. candidates are advised to fill the form carefully. The application form correction may give limited access to form sections like uploading pictures, choice of papers, correction in the address.
- No options can be changed at a later stage after the submission of an application. However, a chance will be given to the candidates to correct/modify some of the particular(s) of the application form online only, with a valid reason(s) for one week after the closing date. The candidates are advised to make a correction(s)/modification(s) if any during 14 – 20 October 2020 online only. No change will be accepted through offline mode i.e. through fax/application including e-mail etc.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form Fee
After filling the details in the JEE Main 2020 online application form, the candidates have to pay the required application fee.
The fee for JEE Main 2020 Application Form can be paid in the following ways:
- Online mode using Credit or Debit card or E-wallet (SBI Buddy or Paytm)
- Offline Mode through e-challan generated while applying online.
- And, Candidates can pay the fee in cash at Syndicate/ICICI/HDFC/Canara bank branches using the E-Challan.
- Moreover, the NTA the exam authority will not accept the application fee in form of Demand draft/ Money Order.
- And, the candidates should note that the application fee is non-refundable. Once paid it cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
- Download Notice on JEE Main Fees through e-Challan Here.
Application Form Fees Details:
|Fee Payable: FOR EXAMINATION CENTRE OPTED>||IN INDIA||OUTSIDE INDIA|
or Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning)
|General/ OBC (Non-creamy layer)*||Boys – Rs650/-
Girls – Rs325/-
|Boys – Rs 3000/-
Girls – Rs 1500/-
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Boys – Rs325/-
Girls – Rs325/-
|Boys – Rs 1500/-
Girls – Rs 1500/-
|Both Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech.)
Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning)
|General/ OBC (Non-creamy layer)*||Boys – Rs1300/-
Girls – Rs650/-
|Boys – Rs 6000/-
Girls – Rs 3000/-
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Boys – Rs650/-
Girls – Rs650/-
|Boys – Rs 3000/-
Girls – Rs 3000/-
How to check the status of the Application Fee?
The candidates are required to check the status of fee payment at NTA website (www.nta.jeemain.nic.in) and if the status is “OK‟ the candidate will be able to take the printout of Confirmation Page.
- Candidates can check the status of the fees paid at the JEE official website managed by NTA – https://nta.ac.in/.
- Then, upon a successful fee transaction, an Acknowledgement Page will be generated. Also, the Applicants need to take a printout of the same.
- Further, If the applicant has done the fee payment using credit/debit card and the status is not OK.
- But, in such case, the transaction failed and applicants need to make the payment again.
- Also, In case, of payment using E-challan, if the confirmation page is not generated then the candidate must ask the bank official to update the FEE status on the website.
Service/Processing charges & GST Charges
The Service/Processing charges &GST to be paid by the candidate are as follows:
|S.No.||Mode of Payment||Bank||Service/Processing charges per
transaction(GST applicable @ 18 %)
|1.||Net Banking||SBI||Rs 5.00+GST|
|2.||Debit Card||SBI or other Banks||Nil|
|3.||Credit Card||Domestic||0.80% of Fee+GST (Minimum Rs 11/-)|
|International||3.50% of Fee+GST (Minimum Rs 11/-)|
|4.||Cash Deposit through e-Challan||at SBI Branches in India only||Nil|
JEE Mains Eligibility Criteria:
Before filling, the application form of JEE Main student should know the Eligibility criteria
- The number of attempts – the student can give the exam only 3 times.
- Age limit – for appearing in the JEE (Main) examination, there is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed XII examination in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) examination – 2020.
JEE Main Login Page: https://jeemain.nic.in/webinfo/Public/Home.aspx
Important Information Regarding JEE Main Form
The jee main form date will be released by National Testing Agency, Furthermore, exam dates are announced on the JEE Mains website.
|jee main paper 1 (Online only)||Engineering/B.Tech.|
|jee main paper 2 (Offline only)||B.Arch. (Architecture)|
|jee main paper 3 (Offline only)||B.Plan.|
JEE Main Application Form Infographics
Download JEE Main Application Format pdf Here. Keep Watching this page for Jee Main 2020 updates and the latest information.
National Testing Agency
The National Testing Agency (NTA) is a self-sustained organisation which conducts exams for higher studies. NTA will be conducting various which were conducted by CBSE including JEE Main, NEET, UGC NET, CTET, JNV so that CBSE can be relieved from the burden and can concentrate on Boards. JEE MAIN 2020 will now be conducted under the guidance of NTA.
C-20 1A/8 ,Sector 62
IITK Outreach Centre,
NTA Email Id: [email protected]
Stay tuned for JEE Main Application Form By NTA.
jee main 2020 application form last date, jee main registration fee, jee main exam date 2020, jee mains 2020 registration, jee main login password, jee main 2020 centres, jeemain.nic.in 2020.