Tamilnadu Engineering Admission 2020 (TNEA 2020) will be conducted by Anna University, Tamil Nadu. Through TNEA 2020, candidates can get admission in the engineering undergraduate courses after class 12th. This is the article where the candidates get the complete details of TNEA 2020. TNEA Examination also requires 10+2 marks and the TNEA Exam Score. Interested candidates must fill the TNEA application form before the last date.
TNEA 2020 Important Dates
The Important dates related to TNEA 2020 along with some guidelines are as follows:
|Application Form Start date||02 May 2020|
|Registration Last date||31 May 2020|
|Release of Admit Card||2nd week of June 2020|
|Result & Rank List release date||20 June 2020|
|Counselling rounds and personal interview Dates||03-28 July 2020|
TNEA 2020 Application Form
Some Points to be noted while filling the application:
- Candidates have to fill the single application form to apply for various courses/colleges/universities.
- Aspirants who have studied 12th from Tamil Nadu state are eligible to apply.
- Applicants those are studied from outside of TN State can also apply by producing the Nativity Certificate only in Electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate.
- Other state candidates those completed their 12th form Tamilnadu state can also apply.
- Sons and daughters of All India Service Tamil Nadu cadre officers are also eligible to apply.
- Children of central government employees can also apply for admission.
The application fee of TNEA 2020 respective to the applicants belonging to the different categories are as follow:
|SC /SCA /ST category referring to the state Tamil Nadu||Rs. 250/-|
|Each special reservation category||Rs. 100/-(Additional)|
Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid Online through Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking.
Tamilnadu Engineering Admission TNEA 2020 Qualification Criteria
The important points regarding Tamilnadu Engineering Admission eligibility criteria are given below:
Important Exam Update
- Updates Regarding JEE Main 2020
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should pass the HSC/12th or its equivalent examination from any recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks (45% for OBC, 40% for MBC/DNC/SC/ST/SCA) in PCM.
Marine Engineering Branch Eligibility
Qualifying Exam: A candidate should pass 10+2 or equivalent examination in physics, chemistry, mathematics and English as a separate subject.
Minimum Marks: Candidates must pass the qualifying exam with an average of 60% in PCM. Minimum of 50% marks is required in English in 10th or 12th for all candidates.
Age: Maximum age to apply is 25 years.
- The filled-in application with the following documents
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent community certificate
- HSC/12th class hall ticket
- Nativity Certificate only in electronic form/digitally signed e-certificate (if applicable)
- First graduate certificate and first graduate joint declaration
- Srilankan Tamil refugee certificate
- Relevant documents showing proof of army personnel
to be submitted with the application fee (Rs. 500/- for general candidates & Rs.250/- for reserved candidates) to the address given below:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA)
Use a Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking to make the payment online for the processing and registration fee.
TNEA Exam Pattern 2020
The paper pattern for Tamilnadu Engineering Admission is given below:
|Total Duration||150 minutes|
|Question Paper Language||English and Hindi|
|Type of Question Paper||Objective Type / Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total Number of Questions||150 Questions|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for each correct response and no negative marking|
|Exam Syllabus||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ biology.|
|Exam Centres / Venue||Tentatively 50 cities in India|
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2020
Note that the numbers of seats are limited. It may not be possible to admit all the students who have been registered online. The management reserves the right to grant admission. Obtaining a registration form does not guarantee admission.
|Reservation Categories||Percentage %|
|OC-Open Competition / General||31|
|BCM-Backward Class Muslim||3.5|
|MBC and DNC-Most Backward Class and Denotified Communities||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|