The Army Institute of Fashion and Design (AIFD) has declared the AIFD WAT and OAT results 2023 on May 9, 2023. The AIFD entrance exam was conducted on April 23, 2023, and the results are available on the official website- aifd.edu.in. The exam was divided into two parts, evaluating students' knowledge and general reasoning in the first part and testing their sketch, design, drawing, and essay writing skills in the second part. A total of 71 candidates qualified for the BSc (FAD) course and 17 candidates for the BSc (IDD) course. The list of qualified candidates includes 54 wards of Army persons and 6 Karnataka civilians in the BSc (FAD) course and 17 wards of Army persons in the BSc (IDD) course. Those candidates who have cleared the exam are required to register their names for admission by paying Rs 10,000 for the institute and Rs 5,000 for the hostel on or before May 20, 2023, through NEFT/ RTGS transfer. AIFD WAT and OAT results 2023 are important for students aspiring to pursue courses in fashion and design.
AIFD WAT 2023 Latest Updates
- The Army Institute of Fashion and Design (AIFD) has declared the results for the written admission test (WAT) and online admission test (OAT) 2023 on May 9, 2023.
- The exam was held on April 23, 2023 and the candidates who appeared for the exam can check their results on the official website- aifd.edu.in.
- A total of 71 candidates have qualified for the BSc (FAD) course, while 17 candidates have qualified for the BSc (IDD) course.
- The AIFD 2023 exam was divided into two parts, with the first part testing students on knowledge and general reasoning, and the second part testing students in sketch, design, drawing, and essay writing.
- The list of qualified candidates has been released on the official website.
- Out of the qualified candidates, 54 wards of Army persons and 6 Karnataka civilians have cleared the BSc (FAD) course, while 17 wards of Army persons have cleared the BSc (IDD) course.
- The qualified candidates are required to register their names for admission by paying Rs 10,000 for Institute and Rs 5,000 for Hostel before May 20, 2023, through NEFT/RTGS transfer as per the official notice.
AIFD WAT 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the important dates of AIFD WAT 2023 in the table given below:
AIFD WAT Exam Dates
|Start date to fill the AIFD WAT application form
|Due date to fill out the application form
|March 20, 2023 - March 31, 2023
|Scrutiny of Online Application and Uploaded Documents
|March 25, 2023 - April 11, 2023
|Release of AIFD WAT 2023 admit card
|AIFD WAT 2023 exam date
|April 23, 2023, Sunday
|Declaration of AIFD WAT 2023 results
|May 4, 2023
|Registration of candidates for institute and hostel by paying Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 5,000 respectively
|May 20, 2023
|Announcement of the final list of selected candidates
|May 22, 2023
|Dispatch of joining instructions to the selected candidates
|First week of June 2023
|Payment of the balance of the Institute and Hostel Fee and the last date to withdraw the seat
|June 24, 2023
|Tentative date of reporting to the Institute for admission
|First week of July 2023
|Commencement of Course
|Third week of July 2023
What is AIFD WAT 2023 ?
Answer: The Army Institute of Fashion and Design (AIFD) Written Admission Test (AIFD WAT) is a mandatory entrance exam for applicants seeking admission in various designing and fashion technology courses offered by this institute. A comprehensive test consisting of objective-type questions, the AIFD WAT aims to evaluate a student's aptitude and analytical reasoning abilities. This test also helps assess their suitability for the programme they wish to pursue at AIFD.
AIFD WAT 2023 Application Form
The aspirants qualifying the eligibility criteria can apply for the exam, in this section, the aspirant will find all the details about AIFD WAT 2023 Registration Form. The aspirant should read the information carefully before applying for the application form,
- The application forms will be made available in online mode.
- Aspirants can download the application form from the official website of the competent authority.
- Must fill in all the relevant information as mentioned to avoid rejection of the form.
- The aspirant should pay therequired application fee before applying.
- Without paying the application fee, the authority will not accept the form.
- Aspirants can pay the application fee by Demand Draft.
- Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of “Army Institute of Fashion and Design” payable at Bangalore only.
- It is advised to keep a photocopy of the application form for future purposes till the admission process is over.
The candidates can check the Registration fees details below:
AIFD WAT Registration Fees 2023
|General, ST, SC, OBC
Mode of Payment-
The registration fees for the application form can be paid through a DD in favor of ARMY INSTITUTE OF FASHION & DESIGN, payable at Bangalore. Any other payment mode, such as Money order / Cheque / Postal order will not be accepted.
AIFD WAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants who meet either of the parameters mentioned below fulfill the AIFD WAT 2023 eligibility criteria:
- Children of serving Army individuals who have a minimum of 10 years of job experience.
- Children of ex-Army individuals and wards of war widows/widows of the Armymen or ex-service men.
- Adopted children of Army individuals if adopted at least five years before seeking admission at AIFD.
- Step-children if they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army.
- Wards of those ex-Army medical officers/ Army dental corps officers who are currently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force but who have served with the Army for 10 years.
- Children of APS individuals are classified as ex-servicemen.
- Children of APS individuals who are on deputation and who have 10 years of experience in the Army.
- Children of MNS members who have 10 years of experience as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of a pension from the Army.
- Children of TA individuals who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
UG Course: Besides the aforementioned parameters, aspirants also must have passed Class XII with at least 35% aggregate marks from a recognized board to be eligible for AIFD admissions 2020. However, it may be noted that candidates who have passed through distance learning/ privately through NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) have to offer the same combination of subjects in both the 11th and 12th standard to write WAT.
Physical Fitness: Aspirants also need to be certified by RMO/ MH/ Registered Medical Practitioner as physically and mentally fit to join the design course.
visit this site
for more details
AIFD WAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidate must check the AIFD WAT 2023 Exam pattern from the following table:
AIFD WAT Paper Pattern
Language of paper
Duration of paper
Type of questions
The aspirant is evaluated based on intelligence and reasoning test, General awareness test, English language competency, and comprehension test.
AIFD WAT 2023 Syllabus
Army Institute of Fashion & Design does not specify any AIFD WAT syllabus. However, based on previous years’ AIFD WAT question papers, here is a list of topics that you can prepare to perform well in the exam.
Army Institute of Fashion & Design Syllabus
AIFD WAT Syllabus/ Topics
Intelligence and Reasoning
English Language Competency & Comprehension
Correct word usage
Odd one out words
Note: Besides the aforementioned topics aspirants are also recommended to practice sketching and shading to perform well in the design aptitude questions.
AIFD WAT 2023 Admit Card
After successfully applying for the entrance exam, AIFD WAT 2023 Hall Ticket/Admit Card will be released by the exam conducting body on its web portal. Check other important details below in the given points:
- AIFD WAT admission ticket will be sent in the white envelope provided with the application form. Applicants are requested to Affix a stamp of Rs 40/- For the purpose.
- The admit card contains all the basic information such as aspirant Roll no, Category, Gender, Exam time, etc. The aspirant should show his/her hall ticket whenever the invigilator asks for it.
- Without the admit card, no one will be allowed to enter the examination hall on the day of the exam. The aspirant should preserve his/her hall ticket till the entire admission process gets completed
- If any of the students do not receive the admit card he/she should report it to the AIFD authority.
Note- If the candidate does not receive the admit card by the dates to be announced by the authority he/she can approach the Principal, AIFD stating his / her full name, address, and his / her application form number to facilitate the dispatch of the duplicate admit card.
AIFD WAT 2023 Results
After the examination, the exam conducting authority releases the AIFD WAT 2023 results in online mode in pdf format and also on the notice board of the institute. Aspirants should pay the amount for the registration and hostel after the declaration of the result. Counseling will be done based on the marks secured in the online entrance exam.
AIFD WAT 2023 Merit List
Institute will release AIFD WAT 2023 Merit lists for the Undergraduate Programs according to candidates’ performance in the WAT only. If anyhow there is a tie, it will be resolved in the following order of priority:-
- Candidates graduated in science subjects as per aggregate marks/percentage in Graduation.
- Applicants who graduated in arts subjects as per aggregate marks/percentage in Graduation.
- Candidates securing higher marks in Language Competency & Comprehension Test component in the WAT.
- For Undergraduate Courses as per Candidates’ performance and University admission approval.
AIFD WAT 2023 Counseling
There is no official AIFD WAT counseling 2023 process for admissions in B.Sc. FAD. Once the final merit list is out, selected candidates need to report to AIFD Bangalore for document verification. Applicants must carry the below-listed documents along with them to the counseling center.
- Original copy of Character Certificate
- Matriculation scorecard (original)
- Original copy of Migration Certificate
- Original copy of Transfer Certificate
- Original copy of mark sheets of class 11 and 12 (having studied the same combination for two years)
The following documents are needed at the time of AIFD WAT 2023 admissions for PG Course-
- Graduation degree certificate and all semester-wise Marks Card (original)
- Class 12 scorecard (original)
- Matriculation scorecard (original)
- Migration certificate (original)
- TC/character certificate (original)
AIFD WAT 2023 Highlights
Interested Candidates can get vital information regarding AIFD WAT 2023 from the following table:
AIFD WAT 2023 Basic Information
Army Institute of Fashion & Design Written Admission Test (AIFD WAT 2023)
Army Institute of Fashion and Design
AIFD WAT Official website
Basic Admission Criteria