AIFD WAT 2020 has released the first selection list for candidates for B.Sc (FAD). CBT Exam for UG admission will be held on date 19 August 2020. The admit card will be released on 14 Auguts 2020. It is also known as Army Institute of Fashion & Design Written Admission Test 2020. This exam is conducted to give admissions to the eligible and interested aspirants into Undergraduate courses in the field of Fashion Design. Aspirants who belong to army family can apply for the written examination after the official release of AIFD online application form. AIFD run the following two courses-UG Course in B.Sc. (Fashion and Apparel Design) and PG M.Sc course. Affiliated to Bangalore North University.
- The first selection list has been released.
- The authority will conduct the CBT exam for AIFD WAT on 19 August 2020.
- The exam will be organsied via Remote Secured Proctored mode.
AIFD WAT 2020 Admit Card
After successfully applying for the entrance exam, AIFD WAT 2020 Hall Ticket will be released by the exam conducting body on its web portal. Check other important details below in the given points:
- AIFD WAT 2020 Hall Ticket will be sent in the white envelope provided with the application form. Applicants are requested to Affix stamp of Rs 40/- For the purpose.
- The admit card contains all the basic information such as aspirant Roll no, Category, Gender, Exam time etc. The aspirant should show his/her hall ticket whenever the invigilator asks for it.
- Without the admit card, no one will be allowed to enter the examination hall on the day of the exam. The aspirant should preserve his/her hall ticket till the entire admission process gets completed
- If any of the students do not receive the admit card he/she should report it to the AIFD authority.
Note- If the candidate does not receive the admit card by the dates to be announced by the authority he/she can approach Principal, AIFD stating his / her full name, address and his / her application form number so as to facilitate the dispatch of the duplicate admit card.
AIFD WAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidate must check the AIFD WAT 2020 Exam pattern from the following table:
AIFD WAT 2020 Paper Pattern
Language of paper
Duration of paper
Type of questions
The aspirant is evaluated on the basis of intelligence and reasoning test, General awareness test, English language competency and comprehension test.
Check the Guidelins for Remote Proctired Mode
AIFD WAT 2020 Application Form
The aspirants qualifying the eligibility criteria will be able to apply for the exam, in this section, the aspirant will find all the details about AIFD WAT 2020 Registration Form:
- The aspirant should read the information carefully before applying
- The application form is available in online mode.
- Aspirant can download the application form from the official website of the competent authority.
- Must fill all the relevant information to avoid rejection of the form.
- Aspirant should pay the application fee before applying.
- Without paying the application fee, the authority will not accept the form.
- Aspirant can pay the application fee by Demand Draft.
- Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of “Army Institute of Fashion and Design” payable at Bangalore only.
- It is advised to keep a photocopy of the application form for future purpose till the admission process is over.
AIFD WAT 2020 Application Fees
The candidates can check the Registration fees details below:
MOde of Payment- Offline
AIFD WAT Registration Fees 2020
|General, ST, SC, OBC||Female, Transgender, Male||Rs. 500/-|
AIFD WAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants who meet either of the parameters mentioned below fulfil the AIFD WAT 2020 eligibility criteria:
- Children of serving Army individuals who have minimum of 10 years of job experience.
- Children of ex-Army individuals and wards of war widows/widows of the Army.
- Adopted children of Army individuals if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission at AIFD.
- Step-children if they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army.
- Wards of those ex-Army medical officers/ Army dental corps officers who are currently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force but who have served with the Army for 10 years.
- Children of APS individuals classified as ex-servicemen.
- Children of APS individuals who are on deputation and who have 10 years of experience in the Army.
- Children of MNS members who have 10 years of experience as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of a pension from the Army.
- Children of TA individuals who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
UG Course: Besides the aforementioned parameters, aspirants also must have passed Class XII with at least 35% aggregate marks from a recognised board in order to be eligible for AIFD admissions 2020. However, it may be noted that candidates who have passed through distance learning/ privately through NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) have to offer the same combination of subjects in both 11th and 12th standard to write WAT.
Physical Fitness: Aspirants also need to be certified by RMO/ MH/ Registered Medical Practitioner as physically and mentally fit to join the design course.
AIFD WAT 2020 Syllabus
Army Institute of Fashion & Design does not specify any AIFD WAT syllabus. However, based on previous years’ AIFD WAT question papers, here is a list of topics that you can prepare to perform well in the exam.
AIFD WAT Syllabus/ Topics
Intelligence and Reasoning
English Language Competency & Comprehension
Correct word usage
Odd one out words
Note: Besides the aforementioned topics aspirants are also recommended to practise sketching and shading to perform well in the design aptitude questions.
AIFD WAT 2020 Results
After the examination, the exam conducting authority releases the AIFD WAT 2020 results in online mode in pdf format and also on the notice board of the institute. Aspirants should pay the amount for the registration and hostel after the declaration of result. Counselling will be done based on the marks secured in the online entrance exam.
AIFD WAT 2020 Merit List
Institute will release AIFD WAT 2020 Merit lists for the Undergraduate Programs according to candidates’ performance in the WAT only. If anyhow there is a tie, it will be resolved in the following order of priority:-
- Candidates graduated in science subjects as per aggregate marks/percentage in Graduation.
- Applicants graduated in arts subjects as per aggregate marks/percentage in Graduation.
- Candidates securing higher marks in Language Competency & Comprehension Test component in the WAT.
- For Undergraduate Courses as per Candidates’ performance and University admission approval.
AIFD WAT 2020 Counselling
There is no official AIFD WAT counselling process for admissions in Bsc FAD. Once the final merit list is out, selected candidates need to report at AIFD Bangalore for documents verification. Applicants must carry the below-listed documents along with them to the counselling centre.
- Original copy of Character Certificate
- Matriculation scorecard (original)
- Original copy of Migration Certificate
- Original copy of Transfer Certificate
- Original copy of mark sheets of class 11 and 12 (having studied the same combination for two years)
The following documents are needed at the time of AIFD WAT 2020 admissions for PG Course-
- Graduation degree certificate and all semester-wise Marks Card (original)
- Class 12 scorecard (original)
- Matriculation scorecard (original)
- Migration certificate (original)
- TC/character certificate (original)
AIFD WAT 2020 Highlights
Interested Candidates can get vital information regarding AIFD WAT 2020 from the following table:
AIFD WAT 2020 Basic Information
Army Institute of Fashion & Design Written Admission Test (AIFD WAT 2020)
Army Institute of Fashion and Design
AIFD WAT Official website
Basic Admission Criteria