AP LAWCET 2023 Exam Pattern is prescribed by the Andhra Pradesh State Higher Education (APSCHE). Candidates preparing for the state-level law entrance exam should review the AP LAWCET 2023 exam pattern to learn about the testing procedures. It explains the types of questions that will be asked in AP LAWCET 2023, the number of questions, the marking scheme, the subjects, and other important information. Prior understanding about the AP LAWCET exam pattern 2023 would assist candidates in simplifying their preparation in accordance with the requirements of the test. Read the entire article to learn about the AP LAWCET test pattern 2023, marking structure, and other important details.
AP LAWCET & AP PGLCET - 2023 Examination on May 20, 2023.
AP LAWCET 2023 Exam Pattern
The AP LAWCET is held for admission to both 3-year and 5-year LLB programmes. Both admission exams follow the same exam pattern, which is mentioned below.
AP LAWCET exam pattern 2023 - 3 & 5 year LLB programmes
AP LAWCET 2023 Exam Pattern Overview
Name of the exam
Andhra Pradesh Law Common Entrance Test (AP LAWCET)
2 hours 30 minutes
Type of Questions
Multiple Choice Questions (Objective-type)
1 mark for a correct response;
There is no negative marking
Number of Questions
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
Medium of Exam
English and Telugu
AP LAWCET 2023 Exam Syllabus
The examination will be divided into three sections: general knowledge and mental ability, current affairs, and legal aptitude. Candidates can view the subject-wise distribution of questions and marks by clicking on the links provided here. AP LAWCET Syllabus 2023.
Subject wise distribution of marks for AP LAWCET 2023
Subject-Wise Marks Allotment
No. of Questions
General Knowledge and Mental Ability
Aptitude for the Study of Law
AP LAWCET 2023 Preparation Tips
Candidates who want to pass the AP LAWCET 2023 should study hard in order to achieve a higher rank on the merit list. Candidates might speed up their preparation by reading the following important tips.
- Before beginning their preparation for the AP LAWCET 2023, students should review the test pattern and curriculum.
- Make a study schedule; Candidates should create a study schedule that covers all of their subjects. Candidates should prepare for the AP LAWCET for 3-4 hours.
- To prepare for legal and current events, read the daily newspaper.
- Make small notes and edit them on a regular basis.
- Following completion of the syllabus, applicants should solve previous year exams and mock tests to round off their preparation.
AP LAWCET 2023 Important books for reference
The most refereed books have been mentioned below. Candidates are advised to refer to these books for their preparation for the AP LAWCET 2023 Examination.
- Lucent general knowledge
- NCERT of History, Polity, and Geography
- Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal reasoning by S. Chand
- Quantitative aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- Daily Newspaper
- Monthly current affairs book
- Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning: For CLAT and Other Law Entrance Examinations