Bihar PGEAC 2020 Counselling has been postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic. It is also known as Bihar Post Graduate Engineering Admission Counselling which is an Counselling for Post Graduation conducted by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board. This is done at the state level and is conducted to select candidates for admission to the first year of M.Tech. Admission given to candidates on the basis of GATE 2020 marks. This is held once a year. The applicants can go through the complete article to know the details of the Bihar PGEAC 2020.
Bihar PGEAC 2020 Counselling has been postponed due to COVID-19.
Bihar PGEAC 2020 Important Dates
The important dates regarding PGEAC 2020 are provided below, candidates can check for the same.
|Online Registration starting date||16 June 2020|
|Online Registration closing date||05 July 2020|
|Last date for payment through challan||06 July 2020|
|Last date of payment through online mode||07 July 2020|
|Online Editing of application form||08-10 July 2020|
|Publication of Counselling Programme||12 July 2020|
Bihar PGEAC 2020 Counselling
The Bihar PGEAC 2020 counselling process consists of 2 phases:
- Phase 1: In this candidate who are GATE Qualified and who have passed B.E./B.Tech in the mentioned streams is allowed to participate.
- Phase 2: If seats are vacant after phase 1, then merit-based cut off would be released.
Bihar PGEAC Counselling documentation
The documents required during counselling are:
- GATE score card (original)
- A rank card of PGEAC-2020
- Marksheet of Matriculation and Intermediate Sc. / Equivalent Examination.
- Admit Card of Matric / Equivalent Examination and Intermediate Sc. / Equivalent Examination.
- Marksheet of B.E./B.Tech.
- Bihar residential certificate.
- Caste certificate attested.
- Six passport size photographs.
- Photocopy of Aadhar Card.
- Printout of the online application form.
Bihar PGEAC 2020 Counselling Fee
The Bihar PGEAC 2020 counselling fee deatils are mentioned below. There are various modes of payments available which can be checked below:
- Modes of Payment: There are two modes of payment accepted by the council:
- Offline mode: The offline mode permits you to pay the fee through Bank Challan, he/she will have to select offline/NEFT Challan option of the payment modes that would be there on the screen. There would be some extra charges which needed to be paid for challan which is a processing fee.
- Online mode: Candidate can pay the online fees as well as through credit card/Debit Card/Net Banking. Select the payment option and proceed to make payment. In this mode also the candidate needs to pay some fee as processing charges along with the counselling fee.
- The fee for all the candidates irrespective of categories .i.e. Rs. 2200/-.
Bihar PGEAC 2020 Reservation
The Candidates who are a permanent resident of Bihar and have valid ID proof (Cast certificate ) for the same are eligible to get a profit of reservation. Details regarding the reservation, as per last year, has been provided below.
|ST(Scheduled Tribes)||1 %|
|EBC (Extremely Backward Class)||18%|
|BC (Backward Class)||12%|
|Reserved Category of Girls||3%|
|Economic Weaker Sections||10%|
Bihar PGEAC 2020 Application Form
Bihar Board will release the PGEAC 2020 Application form on 16 June 2020 and will be available until the fourth week. The candidates must check the eligibility before filling the form. Check the details below in the points:
- The registration can be done through online mode from BCECEB's website.
- Candidates are supposed to enter their personal, academic, contact, educational details while filling the online application form.
- The candidate when registering should see that he/she is giving his/her own email_id and mobile no. so that they can have the information's concerning registration which will be sent on the same email_id and mobile no. also the candidate will receive an SMS.
- When your registration process is completed your account must be activated and you are required to log in again.
- The next step is to upload a passport size photograph which must be of high contrast with the placard containing the candidate's name and snapping date and full signature in Hindi and English after scanning the same. After uploading photo and signature save them and continue.
- Then the applicant must enter the educational details save them and continue.
- After filling all the details asked in the application form, make the payment of a fee to complete the registration process.
Bihar PGEAC 2020 Eligibility
The following is the eligibility criteria for Bihar PGEAC 2020:
- Candidate must have passed B.Tech./B.E. with at least 50% marks for general (SC/ST 45%marks) in one of Mechanical/Production/Industrial/Mechatronics stream for M.Tech. in Machine Design or Thermal Engineering.
- Candidate must be B.Tech./B.E. passed with at least 50% marks for general (SC/ST 45%marks) in one of Electronics/Electronics and communication/Instrumentation/Mechatronics/Medical Electronics stream for opting for M.Tech. in Micro Electronics & VLSI Technology.
- The candidate must be of Indian Nationality.
- The candidate must be a Bihar resident.
- There is no prescribed age limit to the admission procedure.
Bihar PGEAC Admission procedure
The admission procedure for Bihar PGEAC 2020 is:
- First of all, applications are invited.
- Then a list of the candidates is prepared who have given GATE with their score.
- The merit list is prepared who did not give the GATE exam.
- Students are called for seat reservation & document verification.
- The final list of students admitted is generated.
|M.tech. ||VLSI |
Bihar PGEAC Highlights
Check the overview of the BPGEAC exam here:
|Exam Name ||Bihar Post Graduate Engineering Admission Counselling |
|Acronym||Bihar PGEAC |
|Conducting Body ||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board|
|OGEAC Official Website||bceceboard.bihar.gov.in |
To select students for course M.Tech.
About Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board(BCECEB) formed under the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Act,1995. This board conducts competitive examinations each year to admit students to Medical, Engineering and Agricultural Studies in the college of the state of Bihar.
Entrance Examination Conducted by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) are as follows: