CUET UG - Syllabus
Common University Entrance Test (Under Graduate)
Computer Based Test
Updated On - October 23 2023 by Abhinandan Singh
Due to the reduction of the syllabus across the different educational boards, candidates will be given overall choices in all subjects. In all subjects, candidates have to attempt any 40 questions out of 50 except for the General Test where 50 questions will have to be attempted out of 60.
CUET Question paper
Reading comprehension based on different types of passages– Factual, Literary and Narrative, Literary Aptitude and Vocabulary
Class 12 syllabus only.
General Mental Ability,
Quantitative Reasoning - Simple application of basic mathematical concepts arithmetic, algebra, geometry, mensuration, statistics
Logical and Analytical Reasoning
Applicants must check the information related to the subject wise CUET UG 2024 Syllabus which is mentioned below:
|Accounting Not-for-Profit Organisation||• Not-for-profit organization: Meaning and Examples.|
• Receipts and Payments: Meaning and Concept of fund-based and non-fund-based accounting.
• Preparation of Income and Expenditure Account and Balance sheet from receipt and payment account with additional information.
|Accounting for Partnership||• Nature of Partnership Firm: Partnership deed (meaning, importance).|
• Final Accounts of Partnership: Fixed v/s Fluctuating capital, Division of profit among partners, Profit, and Loss Appropriation account.
|Using a Computerised Accounting System||• Steps in the installation of CAS, Preparation of chart of accounts, Codification, and Hierarchy of account heads.|
• Data entry, Data validation, and Data verification.
• Adjusting Entries, Preparation of financial statements, Closing entries, and Opening entries.
• Security of CAS and Security features are generally available in CAS (Students are expected to understand and practice the entire accounting process using an accounting package.)
|Accounting Applications of Electronic Spreadsheet||• Concept of an Electronic Spreadsheet (ES).|
• Features offered by Electronic Spreadsheet.
• Applications of Electronic Spreadsheet in generating accounting information, preparing
depreciation schedules, loan repayment schedules, payroll accounting, and other such
|Nature and Significance of Management||• Management – concept, objectives, importance.|
• Nature of management; Management as Science, Art, Profession.
• Levels of management – top, middle supervisory (First level).
• Management functions – planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling.
• Coordination – nature, and importance.
|Business Environment||• Business Environment – meaning and importance.|
• Dimensions of Business Environment – Economic, Social, Technological, Political, and Legal.
• Economic Environment in India; Impact of Government policy changes on business and industry, with special reference to the adoption of the policies of liberalization privatization, and globalization.
|Organising||•Meaning and importance.|
•Steps in the process of organizing.
•Structure of organization – functional, and divisional.
•Formal and informal organization.
•Delegation: meaning elements and importance.
•Decentralization: meaning and importance.
•Difference between delegation and decentralization.
|Marketing||• Marketing – meaning, functions, role.|
• The distinction between marketing and selling.
• Marketing mix – concept and elements:
– Product – nature, classification, branding, labelling, and packaging
– Physical distribution: meaning, role; Channels of distribution, – meaning, types, factors, determining the choice of channels.
– Promotion – meaning and role, promotion mix, Role of Advertising and personal selling; objections to Advertising.
– Price: factors influencing pricing.
|Communication||(i) Culture and Communication What is culture? Relationship between culture and mass media; communication in the cultural context; media as a vehicle of cultural transmission; representation and stereotyping in Mass Media.|
(ii) Communication and Social Change: meaning; media as a catalyst
for social change (with examples of various social movements).
|Journalism||(i) Qualities of a good Journalist. An understanding of the following: a nose for|
News, inquisitiveness, language skills, trustworthiness and empathy.
(ii) Ethical Issues in Journalism. A brief understanding of each of the following with examples: sensationalism, fake news, paid news, plagiarism, advertorials, partisan
reporting and sting operations.
Candidates can download the detailed CUET UG 2024 Syllabus pdf from the below table:
|Art Education Sculpture||Click here|
|Business Studies||Click here|
|Computer Science||Click here|
|Economics/Business Economics||Click here|
|Engineering Graphics||Click here|
|Environmental Studies||Click here|
|Home Science||Click here|
|Knowledge Tradition – Practices India||Click here|
|Languages (IA & IB)||Click here|
|Legal Studies||Click here|
|Mass Media/ Mass Communication||Click here|
|Performing Arts||Click here|
|Physical Education||Click here|
|Political Science||Click here|
|Teaching Aptitude||Click here|
09 Feb 2023
12 Mar 2023
21 May - 31 May 2023