DASA 2021 Eligibility Criteria will set by the National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, India. The candidate must fulfill the eligibility criteria to fill the DASA application form. If any of the eligibility criteria is not fulfilled by the candidate then the conducting authority has the right to cancel their admission. DASA is organized annually to offer admission to Foreign Nationals/Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)/Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), /Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), for UG Programme in Engineering/Architecture/Planning to National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), Schools of Planning and Architecture (SPAs), and other premier Technical Institutions in India. Candidates can read the below-given article to know more about DASA 2021 Eligibility criteria.
DASA 2021-22 Admission will be done on the basis of JEE Main rank.
DASA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must know whether he is eligible or not to apply for DASA 2021. Therefore given below the DASA 2021 Eligibility criteria in detail.
- Candidates born on or after 01 October 1995 are only eligible to apply.
- Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board / University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities will only be taken as authentic.
- The candidate must have passed Senior Secondary [10+2] or equivalent from any system of education as recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- The candidate should have completed successfully10+1 and 10+2 with Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects from Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science and Biology from any recognised board.
- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (average of all subjects of qualifying examination taken together) or 6.50 CGPA (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent in the 10+2 level.
- In the case of CGPA on a different scale is awarded OR if only grades are awarded, percentage/CGPA equivalence provided by the principal examination authorities will only be considered.
- Candidate appearing for the qualifying examination with the above-mentioned subjects in the academic year 2020-2021 can also apply.
- The candidate should have a minimum total valid score of 1800 in SAT Subject Tests (Subjects: Mathematics Level 2, Physics and Chemistry).
- Applicants who have given multiple attempts in SAT Subject Tests can send a valid score to MNNIT, Allahabad directly through College Board, USA. The best valid score in each subject will be considered for the eligibility.
- SAT Subject Test scores will be received till the Second week of June 2021 will only be considered for the preparation of merit lists for Round 1, Round 2 and Round 3.
Note: For Architecture, No candidate will be admitted to architecture course unless she/he has passed an examination at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in physics, chemistry and mathematics and also a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination or passed 10+3 diploma examination with mathematics as compulsory subject with a minimum of 50% marks aggregate.
- All foreign nationals studying in any country including India or Indian nationals studying abroad who fulfil prescribed admission criteria will be eligible.
- Prescribed admission criteria for Indian Nationals will be at least two years of education, inclusive of 11th & 12th or equivalent (not beyond), in a foreign country during the last 8 years and must pass the qualifying examination from abroad.
DASA 2021 Reservation Criteria
Given below the reservation of seats for DASA 2021. 5% supernumerary seats will be reserved for Children of Indian Workers in Gulf (CIWG) i.e., 1/3rd seats from DASA quota is reserved for CIWG candidates.
Countries under CIWG are:
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
DASA 2021 Seat Matrix
DASA 2021 seat matrix is set by National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, India. Candidates can get information about the seat matrix criteri of the institute from the seat matrix document released by the DASA 2021 Conducting Authority. Candidates can check previous year's seat matrix from this page.
Candidates can check the DASA previous year seat matrix Click here