Gujarat PGCET 2020 (Gujarat Post Graduate Common Entrance Test 2020) will be conducted by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC). This exam aims to enrol the qualifying candidates in Post-Graduate Engineering, Architecture & Pharma Courses. The exam is conducted once every year at the State Level. The candidates must carefully go through the eligibility criteria to ensure their eligibility for the exam. Also, the candidates who have qualified the GATE exam will not have to appear in PGCET exam. Read the complete article to know all about Gujarat PGCET 2020 Important Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Counselling etc.
- The tentative dates of Common Entrance Test (PGCET - 2020) will be 26 and 27 September 2020.
Gujarat PGCET 2020 Important Dates
Candidates can check the important dates and events regarding the PGCET 2020 form the below-given table:
|Second week of September 2020|
|Third week of September 2020|
|Entrance Examination||Last week of September 2020|
Last date to upload/submit pending documents
To be announced
Declaration of Merit List
To be announced
To be announced
Gujarat PGCET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can fill the Gujarat PGCET Application form 2020 on the official website of conducting authority. Check all essential information related to PGCET registration 2020:
- Candidates firstly need to purchase PIN cover containing user Id and 14 digit PIN in cash only from designated branches of ICICI Bank.
- After that, candidates login with the user ID and PIN and register themselves.
- After registration, candidates have to fill the application form and candidates must be careful while filling the form.
- Upload scanned copy of recent photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidates are advised to take the print out of their application form for future reference.
Gujarat PGCET Application Fees
- Candidates have to purchase PIN cover in cash of Rs. 500/- which contain user Id and 14 digit PIN code.
- Mode of Payment: Candidates must buy the PIN cover through offline mode in cash from designated branches of ICICI Bank.
Gujarat PGCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check their Gujarat PGCET Eligibility Criteria 2020 before start filling the application form. Given below are some related to eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must secure at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam(in case of SC/ST category candidates need 45% marks).
- Candidates must secure valid marks in the GATE entrance exam.
Check the category wise reservation in the given below table:
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes, including Widows and|
orphan of any caste
|Economically weaker Section (EWSs)||10%|
Gujarat PGCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the Gujarat PGCET 2020 Exam Pattern in the given below table so that they have an idea about exam structure:
|Exam Mode||Offline(Pen and Paper)|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type Questions|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Marking Scheme||+1 marks for each correct answer|
|Negative Mark||There is no negative marking|
Gujarat PGCET 2020 Syllabus
Bio-Medical Engineering Syllabus
- Analog , Digital and Power Electronics
- Basics of Modelling and Control Theory
- Microprocessor (8085) and Microcontroller (8051)
- Basics of communication and networking
- Digital Signal Processing
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Biomedical Transducers, Materials and implants
- Therapeutic, Diagnostic, Analytical and Optical Instrumentation
- Medical Imaging and Image processing.
- Bioinformatics and advance medical techniques like telemedicine, remote surgery etc.
Gujarat PGCET 2020 Admit Card
Applicants can check a few basic details about Gujarat PGCET admit card 2020 below in the given points:
- Candidates will receive the admit card of Gujarat PGCET 2020 after the successful submission of the application form.
- It is important for candidates to know that hall ticket is an important document to be carried to the exam centre on the day of examination.
- Along with admit card/ hall ticket, candidates will have to carry a photo identity proof in original at the time of test otherwise they will not be allowed to appear in the exam.
- The admit card/ hall ticket will contain the name of the candidate, date, time and name and complete address of the exam centre allotted etc.
Gujarat PGCET 2020 Result
The result of Gujarat PGCET 2020 will be announced by ACPC authorities in the form of merit list on its official website after the exam. Candidates who will apply through GATE and qualify in the entrance exam will be listed out in the merit list. Based on the score of exam M.Tech programme admissions will be done. The merit list consists of scores and ranks secured by the candidates.
Gujarat PGCET 2020 Counselling
The counselling will be done Online or Offline modes. Check the details below:
- Those who will qualify the exam will be called for counselling and also GATE qualified candidates who will apply for admission.
- Gujarat PGCET counselling 2020 will include the following steps - mock round, first round, seat allotment result of the first round, second round, seat allotment result of the second round, third round, seat allotment result of third round and reporting to the institute allotted.
- The seats will be allotted to the candidates based on the merit, choice filling, and availability of seats.
- Candidates accepting the allotted seats will be required to pay the prescribed fee of the Institute for confirmation of admission.
Course offered by Gujarat PGCET 2020
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agriculture Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Marine engineering
- Material and Metallurgical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Textile Engineering
Gujarat PGCET 2020 Highlights
The candidates can check few basic details about GUJPGCET below in the given table:
|Exam name||Gujarat PGCET or Gujarat Post Graduate Common Entrance Test |
|Conducting body||Admission Committee for Professional Courses|
|Level ||State Level|
|Frequency||Once a year|
Admission Committee for Professional Courses
ACPC(Admission Committee for Professional Courses) shall monitor, supervise and control the entire process(application form release, admit card, entrance exam, result, counselling) of admission to the candidates who seeking admissions to the professional degree courses. The government of Gujarat had constituted two different Committees to established ACPC to regulate the admission of candidates to the degree courses respectively.