Himachal Pradesh Polytechnic Admission Test 2020 (HP PAT) Syllabus has been decided by the Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board(HPTSB), Dharamshala. The syllabus will be released in the online mode. Candidates are advised to check the syllabus first before they start preparing for the exam. HP PAT 2020 Syllabus will be published separately as per the subject wise i.e for the Mathematics, English, Physics, and Chemistry. Candidates are advised to go through with the syllabus that will help them to decide the preparation tips in order to get a better score in the exam. Read this complete article to get more information about HP PAT 2020 Syllabus and canditates can also download HP PAT Syllabus pdf given below.
HP PAT 2020 Detailed Syllabus
The detailed syllabus of HP PAT 2020 will frame questions in subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English covered in the 10th class. The syllabus of HP PAT 2020 are mentioned below.
The English section will include the questions in the following topics.
- Present Perfect V/S Simple Past
- Active and Passive voice
- Avoiding Repetition
- Countable and uncountable
- Comparisons, Conditionals and Connectors
- Modals Expressing Attitude
- Non Finite
- Reported Speech
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Defecting and Correcting Errors
- Dialogue Completion
- Fill up the blanks with suitable words
- Re arranginging the jumble words and phrases
- Future time references
- Present Continuous tense
- Present Perfect Tense
- Simple Past V/S Past Perfect.
The physics will include questions in the following topics.
- Light: Reflection and Refraction
- Human Eye and Electricity
- Magnetic effect of the Electric current, and
- Sources of the Energy and Environment.
There will be a total of 25 questions that will be asked under the chemistry section having the weightage of 50 marks in the exam. The topics under the chemistry section are mentioned below.
- Structure of the Atom
- Metal and the Non metal
- Chemical Reaction and the Equations
- Acidic, Bases and Salts
- Carbon and their compounds
- Periodic Classification of the Elements.
There will be a total of 50 questions that will be asked under the chemistry section having the weightage of 50 marks in the exam. The topics under the maths section are mentioned below.
- Pair of the Linear Equation in two variables
- Real Numbers
- Quadratic Equation
- Arithmetic Progression
- Co-Ordinate Geometry
- Area related to the circles
- Surface Areas and Volumes
HP PAT 2020 Preparation Books
Given below are some important books that candidate must refer while preparing for the HP PAT entrance test:
|Book Name||Author Name|
|All India Himachal Pradesh Polytechnic Admission Test Exam (HP PAT) Books 2017||Arihant Experts|
|Himachal Pradesh: Samanya Gyaan Kosh (General Knowledge) (H.P. G.K.)||RPH Editorial Board|
|Himachal Pradesh General Knowledge||Syed and RPH Editorial Board|
HP PAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of HP PAT 2020 as prescribed by the official authority are mentioned in the given below table.
Exam Pattern of HP PAT 2020
|Number of sections||4|
|Section name||English, Physics, Chemsitry, and Mathematics|
|Time allowed to complete the exam||180 minutes (3 hours)|
|Total number of questions||150|
|Number of question and marks in Physics||50 questions and 200 marks|
|Number of question and marks in Chemistry||25 questions and 1000 marks|
|Number of question and marks in Mathematics||50 questions and 200 marks|
|Number of question and marks in English||25 questions and 100 marks|
|Mode of exam||Offline mode|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Langauge of exam||English and Hindi|
The marking scheme of HP PAT 2020 are mentioned below.
- For every right answer, candidate will be awarded with 4 marks.
- For every wrong answer, 1 marks will be deducted from the candidates total marks obtained.
HP PAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Some preparation for candidates that will help them to score better marks in HP PAT 2020 are mentioned below.
- Candidate must focus on the exam and must try to prepare the whole syllabus as per the topic wise. They must not go through the syllabus that is not related to the exam.
- They must make a proper schedule for preparing the exam and must try their best to follow the schedule.
- Candidates can also practise some previous year question papers of the examination.
- Try to make short notes during the exam for the preparations and must revise them on a daily basis.
- Do meditation, yoga and physical exercises as it will help the candidates to concentrate in their studies.