WBJEE JEEDEC 2021 will be conducted in August 2021 tentatively. It is also known as Joint Entrance Examination for Degree Evening Courses which is conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board at a state level via offline mode for admission into five years evening courses for Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering in Jadavpur University. Read the complete article to know more about WBJEE JEEDEC 2021.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2021 Dates
Given below are dates for WBJEE JEEDEC 2021:
JEEDEC 2021 Schedule
|Application Form Release||June 2021|
|Exam Date||July 2021|
WBJEE JEEDEC 2021 Application Form
WBJEE JEEDEC 2021 Application Form will be available from June 2021 tentatively online on the official website. The candidate need to register themselves first for applying to the course.
- The application form will received online only. No hard copy will be accepted.
- Any incomplete form will duly rejected without any prior information.
- For filling the form the candidates need to give their valid mobile number & a Unique email id.
- Also, the details once entered like (name, father's name, mother's name, etc) will not be changeable.
- Applicants were able to fill the form after registering themselves.
- They were asked to upload the scanned copy of photograph and signature in the prescribed format only.
- No duplicacy of form is allowed.
- Without fee payment, no form will be accepted
- The authority allowed to make changes in the form for photograph/signature within one day after the last date.
- Once the process will be completed, applicants will have to download the confirmation page (to be kept with safety).
WBJEE JEEDEC 2021 Application Fee
The exam conducting body will not accept any form without the requisite fee.
- Applicants had to pay Rs 500/- along with the bank charges as a WBJEE JEEDEC 2021 application fee irrespective of caste/category.
- The fee was payable via available online modes like Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card.
- Fee once deposited was not refunded under any circumstances.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria of the course before filling the application form. Applicants can read the eligibility criteria from below:
- The applying candidate must be an Indian.
- Must have passed diploma exam in mechanical/electrical/civil Engg. with a minimum score of 60% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC-A&B/Pwd candidates).
- Applicants must have a No Objection Certificate.
- Candidate has at least one year’s relevant experience from present employer in the respective field since the publication of his/ her Diploma Examination result.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2021 Exam Pattern
Applicants must know WBJEE JEEDEC 2021 exam pattern to prepare for the exam. Candidates can read the exam pattern mentioned below:
- Mode of the Exam – Offline mode (OMR sheet)
- Duration – 2 hours (120 minutes)
- Language – The question paper will be in the English language
- Number of Questions – 50 questions
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Questions.
- Total Marks – 100.
- For every correct answer, the candidate will get +2 marks.
- There is negative marking and hence for an incorrect answer, -1/2 marks will be deducted (25% negative marks)
- If more than one option is selected for a question, it will be considered as an incorrect answer. This means that -1/2 marks will be deducted (25% negative marks)
- For unanswered question, no marks will be added or deducted.
- All questions will have to be answered on OMR answer sheets.
- Answers should be marked using Black/ Blue Ball Pen.
- There will be separate question papers for Electrical, Mechanical and Civil candidates.
- Overwriting on the answer sheet or more than one answers for a question will lead to cancellation of the particular answer of the question.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2021 Syllabus
Joint Entrance Examination for Degree Evening Courses syllabus consists of the following subjects with their topics:
- Applied Mechanics
- General Civil Engineering
- Planning and Construction
- Sanitary Engineering
- Soil Mechanics
- Roads and Railways
- Units and Dimensions
- Direct Current Circuits
- Magnetic Circuits
- Alternating Current Circuits
- Network Theorems
- Measuring Instruments
- DC Generators & Motors
- Induction-synchronous Machines
- Generation, transmission and distribution
- Semiconductor devices
- Applied Mechanics & Machine Design
- Fluid Mechanics, Fluid Machines & Thermal Engineering
- Production Engineering
WBJEE JEEDEC 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates must know the right way or efficient way to prepare for the exam. Here are a few tips for preparation of JEEDEC 2021:
- Make Notes – The best way to prepare for any exam is to make proper notes. It should be in easy and understandable language.
- Prepare a Timetable – Aspirants must make the timetable this helps in devoting an equal amount of time for every subject.
- Solve last year Model Question Papers – Candidates should practise more and more previous year sample papers. It will help to know the pattern of the exam as well as what type of questions can come in the exam.
- Daily Revision – Aspirants must daily do revision whatever they learn or read must revise again before starting any further topic. As without revision, there’s no benefit of studying the new topic the next day.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2021 Admit Card
The board will release JEEDEC 2021 Admit Card on the official website soon. The hall ticket will be issued only to those candidates who have submitted their application form successfully.
- The admit card will be generated on the notified date for the aspirants to download.
- Applicants must have to carry the hard copy of admit card to the exam hall as without it no entry will be given.
- Also, they must ensure that the hall ticket is not mutilated/distorted/soiled. As if any card will be found in such condition then that particular aspirant will not be allowed to appear in the exam.
- The admit card will be downloadable from the official web portal only till the exam date. Hence keep it safe until the admission process is over.
- If a candidate needs a duplicate admit card after the exam, the same can be received from the board but only till 60 days after the Result declaration. They will have to pay Rs 500/- as a processing fee for duplicate admit card.
- The candidates must carry an identity proof along with the admit card in the exam hall.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2021 Result
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board will prepare the merit list based on the mark obtained in the entrance exam. The examinees will be able to download the Rank card from the web portal for which date will be announced soon.
- The candidates will have to use their login credentials to download the scorecard.
- The board will not publish any general rank/score list.
- Rank will be in GMR style i.e. (General Merit Rank).
- The Ranking will be done in the descending order of marks secured in the examination.
- Separate reserved category merit position will also be indicated for the respective category of candidates.
- Those who will qualify the exam will be called for counselling. The seat allotment/counselling will be done based on GMR only.
- Category ranks will be generated based on the birth category information.
- The duplicate rank card can not be generated at a later stage after the admission process will be over. Still, any of candidates will need the same then he/she will have to deposit Rs 500/- by a bank draft to the board.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2021 Inter-Se-Merit
If there will be a tie between candidates, then it will be resolved by following the below-mentioned tie-breaking methodology:
- The examinees with less negative marks in total will be ranked higher.
- If the tie will still exist, then the candidate's date of birth will be considered, the older one will be given a higher priority.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2021 Reservation Criteria
To offer reservation to the candidates West Bengal State Higher Education Reservation policies will be followed. All SC/ST/OBC-A & B/ Pwd candidates will be eligible to apply under this. The list of reserved seats will be announced by the authority before counselling. Those claiming for Reservation must submit the relevant certificate.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2021 Exam Center
Candidates don’t have to choose the exam centre in the application form. As the conducting body will conduct the WBJEE JEEDEC Exam only in Kolkata. Candidate has to appear a the allotted centre as per the schedule.
WBJEE JEEDEC Domicile Certificates 2021
Candidates who will take admission in the reserved category seats will be required the West Bengal Domicile Certificate as it will be required at the time of counselling.
- Candidate who is residing in the West Bengal from last 10 years continuously.
- Candidates parents living in the West Bengal having the permanent address
WBJEE JEEDEC 2021 Counselling
The counselling process will be organised only for those candidates whose name will be there on the provisional selection list. The candidates will have to visit the JEEDEC counselling venue along with their academic documents for verification & seat allotment process.
- Candidates must register themselves for the counselling round and attend on the allotted date and centre to reserve the seat.
- Jadavpur University will organise the counselling, admission & seat allotment process to offer admission to the qualified candidates.
- Those who will qualify the counselling round will be given admission into a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering.
- At the time of admission process, if any candidate will be found ineligible, his/her candidature will be cancelled even, has received the merit rank and or seat has been allotted
- The seat matric will be released while counselling.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2021 Highlights
In the below table candidates can check a few important information in a summarised way about WBJEE JEEDEC 2021:
WBJEE JEEDEC 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Examination for Degree Evening Courses |
|Exam Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board |
|Counselling Conducting body||Jadavpur University|
|Level of exam||State-level|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Purpose||To offer admission into five years of evening courses for Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering at Jadavpur University|
|JEEDEC Official website||https://wbjeeb.nic.in/JEEDECCMS/public/home.aspx|
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board is the state government administered authority for overseeing admission to engineering and other degree colleges in West Bengal, India. It was established in the year 1962. The Board has been awarded the status of Statutory Body enacted vide "West Bengal Act XIV of 2014" named as "The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board Act, 2014".The board conducts other examinations also like: