WBJEE JECA 2023 will be conducted on 8 July 2023. The last date application 8 february 2023 by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB). The counselling process will be organised for admission into the Master of Computer Application (MCA) course in various institutions in West Bengal. This exam is conducted every year to offer admission in various reputed Government or Private institutions located in the state of West Bengal only. Before applying for the application process, one should check the eligibility criteria and the relevant details to go for further process. Candidates can check the below article to know all the important information regarding WBJECA 2023.
WBJEEB JECA 2023: Board will begin the registration process for Joint Entrance for admission into the MCA course (JECA 2023) from January 27. Once opens registration window, candidates can apply at wbjeeb.in
WBJECA 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check WBJECA status from below:
WBJEE JECA ( Master of Computer Application)
Exam date announced
- WBJECA 2023 exam dates are announced on the official website. The exam will be conducted on 15 May 2023.
WBJECA 2023 Important Dates
Candidates can find important dates and events related to WBJECA Counselling from the given table below:
WB JECA 2023 Exam Dates
Availability of WB JECA application form
|25 January 2023|
WB JECA 2023 application form deadline
|01 February 2023|
|03-04 February 2023|
Release of WB JECA Admit card
|12-15 May 2023|
WB JECA 2023 exam date
|15 May 2023|
Declaration of WB JECA result
Above mentioned rates are based on the previous year's schedule released by the authority. This page will be updated as soon as new dates are released for the exam.
WBJECA 2023 Admit Card
WBJECA Hall ticket 2023
will be available on the official website. Candidates can check the information of the admit card through the below-given details:
- Hall tickets can be downloaded from the website by entering correct details such as roll number and date of birth.
- Applicant must check the admit card carefully
- Candidates must bring the admit card on the day of the examination.
- Applicants will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without the admit card.
- No Call letter will be sent to any student by post
WBJECA 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates must be well informed about the pattern of the exam so that they can attempt it effectively. Candidates can check the exam pattern for WBJECA 2023 through the below-given details
West Bengal JECA 2023 Exam Scheme
|Number of questions||150|
|Marking scheme||1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer and 1/4 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer|
|Type of questions||Subjective and MCQ|
Paper – 1: Mathematics
- The duration of the paper is for two hours.
- The paper is of 100 marks.
- Candidates would be required to answer 100 MCQs online.
- 1/4 mark would be deducted for each wrong answer.
Paper – 2: Aptitude test
- This part would be 50 questions of 1 mark each.
- 1/4 mark would be deducted for each wrong answer.
- All the questions would be MCQ's.
- The duration of this paper will be for one hour.
Total Number of Questions
Shift I – Mathematics
Shift II – Aptitude
Candidates can check the exam pattern through the above details and can prepare for the exam accordingly.
WBJECA 2023 Syllabus
- Algebra: Complex number, determinates, empty set, subsets, Venn diagram, matrices, the summation of signal series, the addition of vectors, scalar, and vector products, in the equation, sets of elements, universal set, union and intersection of sets, De Moiver’s theorem, solution of linear equation, complements, algebra of sets, finite sets, class of sets, partitions, cross product, group, ring, and fields.
- Analytical Geometry: Cartesian and polar coordinate, ellipse, parabola, hyperbola, translation, straight line, circle, and rotation of axes.
- Probability and Statics: Permutation, combination, mean, median, mode, standard deviation, correlation coefficient, probability, probability distribution.
- Calculus: Limit, continuity, Taylor and Maclaurin's, series, definite and indefinite integrals, first Ana, second-order, differential, maxima and minima, differential, equation, functions of several, variables, partial differentials.
For Aptitude Test
- Reasoning, Problem Solving, Data Interpretation, Quantitative Comparison, Discrete Quantitative Analysis
WBJECA 2023 Important Books
Candidates can check the important books for the exam which will help them in preparation and scoring good marks
Important books for West Bengal Joint Exam for Computer applications 2023
How to Solve It by George Pólya
Reasoning & Aptitude by Singh IRS
Principles of mathematical analysis by Walter Rudin
Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey
What is Mathematics? by Herbert Robbins and Richard Courant
Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
The Mathematical Experience by Philip J. Davis and Reuben Hersh
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Agarwal
A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal by B.S. Sijwali and Indu Sijwali
WBJECA 2023 Answer Key
Candidates can check the Answer key details of WB Joint entrance exam 2023 through the below-given details:
- The answer key will be disclosed online at the official website.
- The candidates have to visit the website to download the answer key for WBJECA 2023.
- With the help of the answer key, the applicants can notice the errors made by them in the examination.
- The answer key will be uploaded in the form of a PDF file on the website.
- The applicants can take the printout of the answer key to take the reference of it.
WBJECA 2023 Results & Score Card
Candidates can check the WBJECA result 2023
for computer applications 2023 through the below-given details:
- Through results, candidates can check their marks obtained.
- The result will be declared on the official website by the authorities.
- Candidates can download the scorecard and must preserve it for future use.
- Only qualified candidates will proceed to the next selection step.
- Qualified candidates will be offered scholarships based on their scores in the entrance examination.
WBJECA 2023 Merit List
The merit list will be prepared by WBJEEB based on the candidate's score in the WBJECA entrance test 2023. Candidates can check all the information regarding WBJECA Merit list 2023 given below:
- The rank card will contain the Name, Rank, and Score of the candidates
- The rank will be in the name and style of GMR (General Merit List)
- SEparate reserved category merit position will also be indicated for the respective category of students e.g. SC Rank, ST Rank, OBC-A-Rank, OBC B-Rank, Pwd Rank as applicable.
- Counselling/allotment of seat/admission will be done based on the GMR only (not on category marks). The category ranks are only for the information to the candidate.
Tie-breaking criteria in Merit Rank
- Less Negative marks in Mathematics and Aptitude tests are taken together
- More positive mark in mathematics
- More positive mark in Aptitude test
- Less negative marks in Mathematic
- Less negative marks in Aptitude test
- If a tie exists still therefore same will be broken by the Date of Birth (DOB) of the concerned candidates: the older candidate will be given preference over the younger one.
WBJECA 2023 Counselling
Candidates can check the counselling details of WBJECA 2023 through the below details:
- The candidates would be called for counselling according to the score obtained by them in the entrance test.
- The merit list will be prepared by the exam authority according to which the applicant can choose the location of the institute.
- The candidate must carry the original certificates for verification and documentation in the counselling process.
- If the candidate gets selected in the first round, he will not be allowed to participate in the second round.
WBJECA 2023 Exam Centers
Candidates can check the exam centers for WBJECA exam 2023 through the below details: The exam of WBJECA 2023 will be conducted at:
- North and South.
WBJECA 2023 Application Form
- The candidates must fill the form online on the official website before the last date. No printed application form will be available.
- Must fill in all the relevant information to avoid rejection of the form.
- Must upload the scanned copy of the photograph in a prescribed format only.
Steps to fill the Online Application form
- Visit the official website of West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board.
- Click on the“JECA” tab.
- Click on the “Form JECA 2023” link.
- Then Click on “New Candidate Registration
- Register by filling in asked details and Security question
- Click on the "Submit" button
- After the registration is done, click on the Application Form link
- Fill in all the information asked in the application form.
- Click on Save & Next.
- Upload scanned copy of all the required documents
- Make Payment of Application fee
- Submit the form and obtain the printout of same and keep it safe
10 – 100kb
.jpg or JPEG
3 – 30kb
.jpg or JPEG
WBJECA 2023 Application Fee
- The Application fee for WBJECA 2023 will be Rs.500/- for applicants of all categories.
- Applicants can pay the application fee online using Net Banking/ Debit card/ Credit card.
WBJECA 2023 Eligibility criteria
The aspirants strictly need to follow the eligibility criteria to undergo the exam so the eligibility criteria for West Bengal JECA 2023 is as under:
WBJECA 2023 has some eligibility criteria set for desirous candidates. They need to be eligible to appear for the entrance test. The candidates have to satisfy the eligibility criteria before processing further for the registration, if not the admission might get cancelled by the authority.
The following are the few eligibility criteria’s mentioned to get eligible for the exam:
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate must have a recognized Bachelor’s degree ( 10+2+3 ) with any stream with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- The candidates appearing for final year graduation are also eligible to appear for the exam but should submit all the required documents and certificates at the time of admission itself.
- There is no age limit for the candidates willing to appear for the WBJECA 2023 exam.
- The candidate has to be a citizen of West Bengal for a minimum duration of 10 years or their parents anyone has to be a resident of Bengal with a permanent home address in the state strictly.
- The candidates need to show and give the residential proof certificate at the time of counselling.
WBJECA 2023 Highlights
Candidates can check the Highlights details of WB Joint entrance exam 2023 through the below-given details:
WBJECA 2023 Basic Information
West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam MCA
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
Mode of Registration
WB JECA Official website
|Application Form link||Soon will be activated|
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) was constituted in the year 1962 by the Government of West Bengal, in the exercise of the powers conferred under Article 162 of the Constitution of India according to No. 828-Edn(T), dated 02.03.1962 to conduct Joint Entrance Examination for admission to various institutions in West Bengal imparting education in medical, engineering and technological courses.