WBJEE 2020 1st round of Seat Allotment List was released on 31 August. Candidates can accept the seat by paying Admission Fee till 05 September 2020. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination 2020 was conducted to offer admission to candidates in the B.E, B. Tech, B. Arch, B. Pharma programs. The exam was conducted on 02 February by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board(WBJEEB). The candidates can check the result by visiting the official website by logging with their credentials. Candidates can read this complete article to get more information about WBJEE 2020.
- Seat Allotment list of 1st Round was released on 31 August 2020.
- The last date to accept the seat by paying provisional admission fee is 05 September 2020.
- Registration for 2nd round will be started from 11 August 2020.
WBJEE 2020 Counselling
The qualifying Candidates can go to West Bengal JEE 2020 counselling as instruction is given below:
- The WBJEE counseling 2020 is conducted in online mode for each course.
- The Candidates required to register themselves by visiting the official website and selecting the ‘New Candidate Registration’ option.
- The candidate have to enter their WBJEE 2020 Application number, Roll number, Name, and Date of Birth.
- WBJEE 2020 Counseling is comprise of 3 rounds of counselling and seat allotment.
- Candidates need to fill their choices for the college and course based on their preferences.
- Candidates are allotted seats based on the preference list and the availability of seats.
- Once all the information is filled and submitted by the candidate, they will not be able to make any changes in any category.
WBJEE 2020 Results
WBJEE 2020 result
was declared on 07 August 2020 and candidates can download the WBJEE Results by visiting the official site.
- Candidates can log in by entering their WBJEE 2020 application number and password.
- The Results was announced in the form of a Score Card/RankCard.
- The Score Cards contain information about General Merit List (GMR) and Pharmacy Merit List (PMR) ranks, total score and qualifying status, etc.
- Merit List is prepared based on performance in the exam.
- WBJEE Board had announced the examination cut off score/rank after the announcement of the result.
- Each participating college of WBJEE was release separate cut off lists for each course.
Check WBJEE 2020 Cut Off here
WBJEE 2020 Merit List
The West Bengal Joint Entrance exam board will release two separate merit list for the papers and marks scored by the candidates. Check the below-given categories of the Merit list prepared by the authority.
A. General Merit Rank(GMR):
- GMR is prepared based on the total score obtained in both Paper 1 and Paper 2(together).
- The ranking list is prepared in the descending order of the total marks scored in all the subjects.
- A separate reserve category merit position is indicated for the respective category of candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD, TFW.
- Admission in all Engineering, Technology, Architecture courses, and Pharmacy courses in Jadavpur University is based on General Merit Rank only.
- Also, counselling/allotment of seat/admission is done on the basis of GMR only(not on category ranks).
B. Pharmacy Merit Rank(PMR):
- The Authority was release a separate list of Pharmacy merit rank(PMR) based on the score obtained in Paper 2 only, i.e Physics and Chemistry.
- Ranking was prepared in the descending order of marks scored in Paper 2.
- Also, a separate reserve category merit position was given for the respective category of candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD, TFW.
- Admission to all the pharmacy colleges except for Jadavpur University is given based on the PMR list only.
- Counselling/allotment of seat/admission is given based on PMR only(not on category ranks) for Pharmacy colleges.
Note: Candidates appearing in only paper 1 are not eligible fo any rank( GMR or PMR).
WBJEE 2020 Answer key
- The official WBJEE answer key was released by the exam conducting authority which is WBJEEB. Candidates can also get their response sheet (OMR) in online mode.
- With the help of answer key, candidates can expect the marks which they are going to score in the final result.
- WBJEE 2020 answer key was released in online mode on the official website.
- First, the WBJEEB had published the provisional answer key and after that WBJEEB release the final answer key.
- The final answer key could be challenged by 19 February 2020
WBJEE 2020 Application Form
The WBJEE Application form 2020
started from 18 October 2019
and submitted by the 13 November 2020. The candidates need to know about all the important updates regarding the registration form so that they submit their application form timely before the last date.
- The Application form of West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination 2020 was available only in Online mode.
- Candidates had to register themselves on the official website by providing basic details like Name, Father's Name, Mother's Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Identification Type & number.
- Once the registration process has been completed, the applicant had to Fill-in the rest of the details (Domicile, Category, PwD status, Home district, Family Income status, Religion, Nationality, etc.) to do the Final submission.
- Candidates must have a valid/working email address and mobile number to fill the application form.
- The candidate had to pay a sum of Rs. 700/- with bank charges.
- Must keep the printout of the confirmation page for further use.
- Multiple application forms of the single candidates lead to the cancellation of the exam for the candidate.
WBJEE 2020 Application Form Correction
Given below are some points related to WBJEE application form correction, candidates must check it:
- Candidates can make changes in their application form from the given time.
- Authority opened the correction window from 14 November 2019 (Thursday) till 16 November 2019 (Saturday).
- Candidates' could correct other than Name, Father Name, Mother Name, gender, and date of birth.
- The conducting authority was not making any corrections from the candidate side.
- WBJEEB was not going to considered any request for any correction under any situation after the correction window period.
WBJEE 2020 Application Fee
Candidates can check the category wise WBJEE Application Fees 2020 in the below-mentioned table:
WBJEE Registration Fees 2020
Mode of Payment: Candidates can make payment through online mode only via using Net-Banking/Credit card/Debit Card to pay the fee (with bank charges applicable)
NOTE: Candidates must note that Fees once paid will not be refunded back under any circumstances.
WBJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfil the WBJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form to know whether they are eligible for the exam or not. The WB Joint Entrance Exam eligibility criteria are given below:
Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The lower age limit of the Aspirant is 17 years as on 31 December 2020 and there is no upper age limit to apply for WBJEE 2020.
- Applicant should have been born on or before 31 December 2002
- Only for admissions in Marine Engineering Course, the upper age limit is 25 years.
WBJEE Education Qualification for Admission
Candidates can check the given below table regarding Engineering Eligibility:
Must qualify 10+2 or equivalent exam recognized by the Central Government or the concerned State Government.
Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects and anyone from the Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Computer Science & Computer Application.
Must have secured 45% marks (40% marks for SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD categories) in the above-mentioned subjects.
Should have qualified English at 10+2 level with a minimum of 30% marks.
Pharmacy Eligibility Criteria are mention below, candidates must check it:
Must quality 10+2 level or equivalent examination.
Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects and anyone from the Mathematics, Biotechnology, Biology, Computer Science & Computer Application.
For general category candidate Minimum, 45% marks and 40% marks for other reserved categories is required.
It is mandatory to qualify the English subject in 12th class with a minimum of 30% marks
The eligibility criteria for the West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam 2020 of Engineering and Pharmacy are given as per the official website.
WBJEE 2020 Exam Pattern
Knowing the WBJEE 2020 Exam Pattern is a vital part of writing any entrance test, as Candidates can make up a strategy on how to take the exam, how to divide their time to obtain optimum results, and prepare themselves mentally.
WBJEE Exam Pattern
Number of Questions
Type of Questions
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
Mode of Exam
Mode of Answer
Candidates have to answer by darkening the appropriate circle with black/blue ballpoint pen only
Sections in Paper
The question paper will consist of 3 sections: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
Marks Allotted to Each Question
For Section 1: +(1) For Correct answers & -(1/4) For Incorrect Answers
For Section 2: +(2) For Correct answers & -(1/2) For Incorrect Answers
For Section 3: +(2) For Correct answers & (0) For Incorrect Answers
For a Partially correct answer, marks will be awarded will be = 2 x (no. of correct options marked / Total no. of correct options)
Duration of Exam
|4 Hours (2 Hours for each shift)|
Candidates can follow the table of Sections, Time duration allotted, the number of questions asked in each section, and Marks per section.
WBJEE Subject-wise Paper Pattern
Paper -1: [11:00 AM - 01:00 PM]
Paper - 2: [2:00 PM - 4:00 PM]
- Section 1 consists of 1 mark each, section 2 consists of 2 marks each, and Section 3 consist of 3 marks for each question.
- ¼ of the marks allotted to a question will be deducted as penalty for marking the wrong answer in Section 1 and Section 2.
- There will be no negative marking for Section 3.
WBJEE 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can check the WBJEE 2020 Syllabus which comprises the topics from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject:
- Physical World, Measurements Units& dimensions
- Laws of motion
- Viscosity Thermodynamics
- Work, power, energy
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations & Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current
- Nuclear Physics
- Electromagnetic waves
- Atomic Physics
- Solid-state Electronics etc.
- Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- The Periodic Table and Chemical Families
- Coordination Compounds
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Solid State
- Gaseous State
- Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics
- Liquid State
- Physical Chemistry of Solutions
- Chemistry of Non-Metallic Elements and their Compounds
- Ionic and Redox Equilibria
- Chemistry of Metals
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemistry in Industry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Aliphatic Amines
- Aliphatic Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Chemistry of Carbon Compounds
- Aldehydes and Ketones
- Carboxylic Acids
- Application Oriented chemistry
- Introduction to Bio-Molecules
- Aromatic Compounds
- Principles of Qualitative Analysis
- A.P., G.P., H.P.
- Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equations
- Permutation and combination
- Sets, Relations, and Mappings
- Principle of mathematical induction
- Statistics and Probability
- Application of Calculus
- Differential calculus
- Coordinate geometry of three dimensions
- Second-order derivative
- Integral calculus
WBJEE 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates have to check the preparation tips for WB Joint Entrance Exam 2020 entrance exam for better prepare:
- Candidates should be able to manage their time wisely to not get exhausted during their study time. A proper schedule should be made and followed.
- Since the Exam has negative marking, the Candidates should appear for the examination with a clear mind and should be sure about the answers he/she marks.
- If the aspirant is not sure about the answers, it would be advisable for him/her to leave the space empty and not mark any wrong answers.
- While studying, Candidates should take enough breaks to make sure that their mind is calm and composed.
WBJEE 2020 Admit Card
WBJEE Admit Card 2020
was available on the official website from 24 January 2020
and must be downloaded by all the Candidates and undermentioned guidelines must be followed;
- Candidates can download Admit Card from the official website of WBJEE 2020.
- Candidates must show the Admit Card (WBJEE 2020) on-demand for entry to the Examination Hall. An applicant not having a print out of the downloaded admit card and valid photo identity shall not be allowed to enter in the Examination Hall by the Center-in-Charge.
- A photograph of the applicant and the biometric will be taken at the Centre before the candidate is indicated his seat for taking the examination. The seat will be randomly allotted to the candidate on completing the procedure.
- Candidates found carrying any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers or any other material except those mentioned above inside examination Hall will be debarred from appearing the examination.
- In the examination hall, Mobile Phones, Bluetooth devices, Calculators, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic Watches with facilities of calculators are not allowed. Carrying such items during the Exam may lead to the cancellation of the candidate.
- No Candidates, without the special permission of the Centre-in-Charge, will leave the seat or Examination Hall until the duration of examination is over.
WBJEE 2020 Exam Centre
Candidates can check the WBJEE 2020 Exam centre in the mentioned below table:
Central Howrah, Shibpur
North Kolkata/Salt Lake
|North 24 Parganas|
|South 24 Parganas|
WBJEE Participating Institutes
Candidates can the given mentioned table concern with WBJEE participating institutes and course-wise number of available seats in that institute:
|Name of Institute||Name of Course||Available Seat|
|Jadavpur University||As decided by the authority||2|
|Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College||Mechanical Engineering and Information Technology||1 seat for each|
|Kalyani Government Engineering College||Electrical Engineering||1|
|Purulia Government Engineering College||Computer Science & Engineering and Electronics & Communication Engineering||1 seat for each|
|Coochbehar Government Engineering College||Computer Science & Engineering and Electronics & Communication Engineering||1 seat for each|
|Govt. College of Engineering and Leather Tech, Kolkata||Leather Technology||1|
|Govt. College of Engineering & Ceramic Tech., Kolkata||Information Technology||1|
|Govt. College of Engineering & Textile Tech., Serampore||Information Technology||1|
|Govt. College of Engineering & Textile Tech., Berhampur||Computer Science & Engineering||1|
WBJEE 2020 Highlights(Basic Information)
Below given are the main or vital points of the WBJEE exam, candidates must check the table:
WBJEE 2020 or West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board
B.E/ B. Tech, B. Arch, B. Pharma
WBJEE Official website
Offline (Pen and Paper-based)
To offer admission in B.E/ B. Tech, B. Arch, B. Pharma program for candidates, in different Government Colleges and Universities of West Bengal.
Stay connected for West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam(WBJEE) conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board (WBJEEB).
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board was constituted in the year 1962 by the Government of West Bengal. The Board is given the status of Statutory Body enacted vide "West Bengal Act XIV of 2014" named as "The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board Act, 2014". The Board is authorized to conduct common, combined, competitive, entrance examinations for admission to the undergraduate professional and vocational courses in any College or any University in the State of West Bengal. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) also conduct the following examination in various courses:
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
WBJEE entrance exam is conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board(WBJEEB). This is a State-Level. WB Joint Entrance Exam 2020 offers admission in B.E/ B. Tech, B. Arch, B. Pharma programs in different government colleges of West Bengal. This exam is conducted once in a year. The authority always focuses on The Board is empowered to conduct common, combined, competitive, entrance examinations for admission to the undergraduate professional and vocational courses in any College or any University in the State of West Bengal.