WBJEE 2023 Result is announced in May 26, 2023 by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB). Candidates can check their results after login in with credentials such as Application Number and password. After the declaration of the result, the authority will release the merit list which will contain the marks of paper 1 and paper 2. Candidates must read the below-given article to know more about WBJEE 2023 Result.
WBJEE Result Latest Update
- The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) has announced the WBJEE results 2023 on May 26.
- The result link is active on the official website wbjeeb.nic.in.
- The state education minister, Bratya Basu, declared the results for approximately 98,000 students in a press conference at 2.30 pm.
- The WBJEE final answer key 2023 was uploaded by the board after reviewing the challenges raised by the candidates.
- To download the rank cards, candidates need to enter their application number and password on the official website.
- Based on the West Bengal JEE results 2023, students will be able to apply for engineering courses offered by participating universities.
- The state government previously decided to establish a centralized online portal for undergraduate admissions in state-run and state-aided colleges and universities.
WBJEE 2023 Result Dates
Candidates can check the below-given dates and events regarding WBJEE 2023 result:
Events for WBJEE 2023 Result
|WBJEE 2023 Result Event||Dates (tentative)|
|Entrance Exam Date||30 April 2023|
|WBJEE 2023 Result Date||May 2023|
|Counseling Date||June 2023|
West Bengal JEE 2023 result official websites
WBJEE toppers’ list 2023
List of Toppers
WBJEE 2023 toppers names
Mohammad Sahil Akhtar, DPS Ruby Park, Calcutta.
Soham Das, DPS Ruby Park, Kolkata.
Sara Mukherjee, Bankura Banga Vidyalaya.
Souhardya Dandapat, Medinipur Collegiate School.
Ayan Goswami, Hemshila Model School, Durgapur.
Aritra Ombudh Dutta, Narayan School, Sodpur.
Kintan Saha, Ma Bharati Senior Secondary School, Kota, Rajasthan.
Sagnik Nandi, Bankura District School.
Raktim Kundu, Disha Delphi Public School, Kota, Rajasthan.
Sriraj Chandra, Holy Angels School, Katwa
WBJEE 2023 Result
WBJEE 2023 result will be declared in May 2023 tentatively and candidates can download the result from the official website. Candidates have to log in by entering their WBJEE 2023 application number and password.
- Results will be announced in the form of a Score Card/RankCard.
- Scorecards contain information about General Merit List (GMR) and Pharmacy Merit List (PMR) ranks, total score and qualifying status, etc.
- Authority had released the merit list after the declaration of the result.
- Each participating college of WBJEE had released separate cut off lists for each course.
- Shortlisted candidates are called for the counselling session.
- Candidates must take a print of the result for further process.
How to Download WBJEE 2023 Result?
Candidates can follow the below-given steps to download the WBJEE 2023 Result Check:
- Visit the official website of the WBJEEB.
- Enter the application no and password.
2. Display Result
After entering the details rank card will be displayed on the screen.
The candidate must take a print of the rank card for further process.
Details are given in WBJEE 2023 Rank card
Given below is the details which is given on the WBJEE 2023 rank card:
- The rank of the candidate
- Total marks scored in Paper 1
- Total marks scored in Paper 2
- Maximum marks
- Total marks (after adding the marks of Paper 1 and 2)
WBJEE 2023 Merit List
Authority had released the WBJEE 2023 Merit List after the declaration of the result. Two separate merit list was released for the papers and marks scored by the candidates.
General Merit Rank
- A merit list consists of the marks of both the papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2)
- The ranking was prepared as per the descending order of total marks scored in all the subjects by the candidate.
- A separate merit position was also be indicated for the candidates belonging to the reserved category.
- WBJEE 2023 Counselling / Seat Allotment is conducted on the basis of GMR only.
- Candidate must note that category ranks were generated as per the birth category information provided by the candidates at the time of filling the application form.
Details about PMR Rank
- PMR Rank was prepared as per the marks scored in Paper 2.
- The ranking was prepared as per the descending order of the marks obtained in Paper 2 by the applicants.
- As similar to GMR Rank, a separate merit list was prepared for the reserved category candidates.
- Admission in all the pharmacy courses was done as per Pharmacy Merit Rank only except Jadavpur University.
WBJEE 2023 Tie-Breaking Criteria
In the case of two candidates obtaining the marks then the authority had to follow the WBJEE 2023 Tie-Breaking Criteria to resolve it.
- Candidates having fewer negative marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics were considered.
- If the tie still exists then the candidate having more positive marks in Mathematics and Physics was considered.
- If the tie still persists then the candidate having more positive marks in Chemistry and Mathematics was considered.
- If the tie is still there, then the marks scored in Mathematics and Physics was considered.
- Then, fewer negative marks in Mathematics and Chemistry was considered.
- Then, more positive marks in Mathematics for the 2 marks question was considered.
- If the tie still exists then, more positive marks in Physics for the 2 marks questions were considered.
- If the tie is still there then, more positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions were considered.
- Then, fewer negative marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions were considered
- Lastly, fewer negative marks in Physics for the only 2 marks questions were considered.
WBJEE 2023 Counselling
WBJEE 2023 Counselling will be conducted by WBJEEB after the declaration of the WBJEE result. Counselling will be conducted in online mode only. The qualified candidate is called for counselling. The allocation of the colleges to the candidate is based on the rank obtained by the candidate in GMR.
WBJEE 2023 Participating Institutes
Applicants can check the list of all participating institute of WBJEE 2023 exam which is mentioned below:
Name of Institute
Jadavpur University, Kolkata
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Kolkata
Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya
Haldia Institute of Technology
Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata
Kalyani Government Engineering College, Nadia
Academy of Technology, Adisaptagram, Hooghly
Government College of Engineering & Ceramic Technology, Kolkata
Goverment College of Engineering and Leather Technology, Kolkata
Government College of Engineering and Textile Technology, Berhampore