WBJEE 2020 Result was declared on 07 August 2020 at 03:PM by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) on the official website. Candidates can check their result after login with credentials such as Application Number and password. The exam was held on 02 February 2020. After the declaration of the result, authority will release the merit list which will contain the marks of paper 1 and paper 2. Candidates must read the below-given article to know more about WBJEE 2020 Result.
WBJEE 2020 Result Dates
Candidates can check the below-given dates and events regarding WBJEE 2020 result:
Events for WBJEE 2020 Result
|WBJEE 2020 Result Event||Date|
|WBJEE 2020 Exam Date||02 February 2020|
|Declaration of Result Date||07 August 2020|
|Counseling Date||12 August 2020|
WBJEE 2020 Result
WBJEE 2020 result was declared on 07 August 2020 and candidates can download the result from the official website. Candidates have to log in by entering their WBJEE 2020 application number and password.
- Results was announced in the form of a Score Card/RankCard.
- Score Cards contain information about General Merit List (GMR) and Pharmacy Merit List (PMR) ranks, total score and qualifying status, etc.
- Authority had released the merit list after the declaration of the result.
- Each participating college of WBJEE had released separate cut off lists for each course.
- Shortlisted candidates is called for the counseling session.
- Candidates must take a print of the result for further process.
How to Download WBJEE 2020 Result?
Candidates can follow the below-given steps to download the WBJEE 2020 Result:
- Visit the official website of the WBJEEB.
- Enter the application no and password.
2. Display Result
After entering the details rank card will be displayed on the screen.
Candidate must take a print of the rank card for further process.
Details given in WBJEE 2020 Rank card
Given below is the details which is given on the WBJEE 2020 rank card:
- The rank of the candidate
- Total marks scored in Paper 1
- Total marks scored in Paper 2
- Maximum marks
- Total marks (after adding the marks of Paper 1 and 2)
WBJEE 2020 Merit List
Authority had released the WBJEE 2020 Merit List after the declaration of the result. Two separate merit list was released for the papers and marks scored by the candidates.
General Merit Rank
- A merit list consist of the marks of both the papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2)
- The ranking was prepared as per the descending order of total marks scored in all the subjects by the candidate.
- A separate merit position was also be indicated for the candidates belonging to the reserved category.
- WBJEE 2020 Counselling / Seat Allotment is condcuted on the basis of GMR only.
- Candidate must note that category ranks was generated as per the birth category information provided by the candidates at the time of filling the application form.
Details about PMR Rank
- PMR Rank was prepared as per the marks scored in Paper 2.
- The ranking was prepared as per the descending order of the marks obtained in Paper 2 by the applicants.
- As similar to GMR Rank, a separate merit list was prepared for the reserved category candidates.
- Admission in all the pharmacy courses was done as per Pharmacy Merit Rank only except Jadavpur University.
WBJEE 2020 Tie-Breaking Criteria
In the case of two candidates obtained the marks then the authority had to follow the WBJEE 2020 Tie-Breaking Criteria to resolve it.
- Candidate having less negative marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics was considered.
- If the tie still exists then the candidate having more positive marks in Mathematics and Physics was considered.
- If the tie still persists then the candidate having more positive marks in Chemistry and Mathematics was considered.
- If the tie is still there, then the marks scored in Mathematics and Physics was considered.
- Then, less negative marks in Mathematics and Chemistry was considered.
- Then, more positive marks in Mathematics for the 2 marks question was considered.
- If the tie still exists then, more positive marks in Physics for the 2 marks questions was considered.
- If the tie is still there then, more positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions was considered.
- Then, less negative marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions was considered
- Lastly, less negative marks in Physics for the only 2 marks questions was considered.
WBJEE 2020 Counselling
WBJEE 2020 Counselling is conducted by WBJEEB after the declaration of the WBJEE result. Counseling is conducted in online mode only. The qualified candidate is called for counseling. The allocation of the colleges to the candidate is based on the rank obtained by the candidate in GMR.