JKCET 2020 exam is postponed due to COVID-19. Candidates can apply online for JKCET 2020 till 15 June 2020. Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test 2020 is a State Level Entrance Exam conducted in pen-paper offline mode. The examination organized by Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBPEE) to offer admissions into various engineering programs in various government and private engineering colleges. JKCET is organized once in every year. Candidates must read the complete article to know more about JK Common Entrance Test 2020.
- JKCET 2020 Application Form has been extended till 15 June 2020.
- JKCET 2020 has been postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic, dates will be announced soon.
JKCET 2020 Important Dates
Candidate can check here all the important JKCET 2020 dates for the application form in the given table below:
|JKCET 2020 Registration Starts||12 March 2020|
|JKCET 2020 Registration Closes||15 June 2020 |
|JKCET 2020 Exam Date||Postponed|
JKCET 2020 Application Form
- The last date for submission is 15 June 2020. The Application Form would be filled only through Online mode.
- The Application form is available on the official website of the board from 12 March 2020.
- If candidates wish to fill the application form through offline mode then they have to download it from the website and fill out the form. The printout of the filled-in application form needs to be sent along with the demand draft.
- Candidates must submit the application forms before the due dates.
Candidates must fill all the details carefully. In case of any mistake, they can make corrections in the application form any time before submission.
JKCET 2020 Application Fees
The Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test 2020 Registration fee details are as follows:
- The Application fee for JKCET 2020 shall be Rs.1200/- for all categories.
- Applicants can make payment of application fee through credit card/debit card and net banking.
- The application fee is non-refundable under any circumstance.
JKCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates can check the JKCET 2020 eligibility criteria below:
- Nationality: Applying Candidate must be a permanent resident of Jammu & Kashmir as per section 6 of Constitution of J&K state.
- Qualifying Exam: Applicant must have passed 12th level/Higher Secondary exams or its equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate in his qualifying exam must have passed with the primary subjects of Physics, Mathematics, English and Chemistry.
- Qualifying Marks: Applying candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in their qualifying exam. Reserved candidates must have obtained 40% marks.
- Candidates appearing for 12th exams can also apply.
Age Criteria: Applying the candidate’s age should not be less than 17 years as on 31 December 2020.
JKCET 2020 Seat Reservation
Following table presents the percentage of seats reserved for each individual category.
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Scheduled Caste (SC)
Other Backward Classes (OBC)
Children of Defence Personnel
JKCET 2020 Admit Card
The JKCET Admit Card 2020 details are as follow:
- The Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBPEE) will release the JKCET admit card 2020 in online mode and the Admit card will be available on the official website of the board by the second week of April.
- Admit Card is an essential document for candidates to appear in the Entrance Exam, which the applicants must always carry with them. In the absence of the admit card, the candidate will be barred from appearing for the test.
- Candidates can download the JKCET Admit Card from the official website. Candidates have to log in with Registered ID / Password. Candidate`s account will open. After which he/ she shall proceed to the Admit Card Section and Download the Admit Card.
- If the candidate finds any discrepancies in the Admit Card, he/ she must immediately contact the concerned examination authority.
- Candidates are required to take a print out of the JKCET Admit Card 2020 as they will not be provided with any soft copy of the Admit Card on the exam day.
The Hall Ticket will contain details such as :
- Name of the candidate
- Enrollment number
- Photograph of the candidate
- Date and time of the exam
- Address of the exam centre chosen by the candidate.
JKCET 2020 Exam Pattern
The applicants can check the JKCET 2020 Exam Pattern below:
Question Paper Pattern for JKCET 2020
Mode Of Examination
Offline ( Pen paper-based)
Type of Questions
Objective type (MCQ)
Total number of questions
1 mark for every correct answer
-0.25 for every wrong answer
Subject-Wise distribution of marks are as follows:
No. of Questions
JKCET 2020 Syllabus
Please check the JKCET 2020 Syllabus below:
Physical-world and measurements, kinematics, Laws of motion, work, energy and power, Motion of system of particles and rigid body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk matters, Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Behaviour of perfect gas and kinetic theory, oscillation and waves, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Atom & Nuclei, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Electronic devices and communication system.
Chemical arithmetic and atomic structure, Chemical Equilibrium, Chemical kinetics, solutions, Chemical Thermodynamics, Redox reaction and Electrochemistry, Solid states and States of Matter, Surface chemistry, Chemistry of Representative Elements, Periodic Properties, Chemical Bonding and molecular structure, Transition elements including Lanthanides, Co-ordinate Chemistry, Nomenclature and Basic Concepts in Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Polymers, Molecules of life, Organic chemistry based on function group-I, II and II.
Sets Relations and Functions, Complex Numbers; Linear programming; Linear equation; Sequence and Series, Permutation and Combination, Binomial Theorem, trigonometric and inverse trigonometric functions, Matrices & Determinants, Limits, continuity and differentiation, Integration and Differential Equation, Straight line and conic sections, statistics, probability, Vectors and 3D Geometry, Straight lines and space and planes.
JKCET 2020 Preparation Tips
Please check the JKCET 2020 Preparation tips:
- Plan a schedule and prepare a time table accordingly. Try to give equal time to each subject & topics.
- Focus on the topics you find difficult first. Do not try to leave difficult portions unattempted. Rather give those parts of the syllabus more time and focus.
- Candidates must be having an idea about the exam pattern & syllabus during preparations.
- To have a better idea about the format and pattern of exam, try to solve previous 4-5 years questions papers and also the sample papers.
- Stay calm and keep your mind fresh. Focus on your health along with the studies.
JKCET 2020 Answer Key
The answer key of JKCET 2020
will be made available on the official website of JKCET 2020 at jakbopee.net after the exam has been conducted. The answer key will be displayed for three days and thereafter it will be removed from the website. In case of any query or question concerning the answer key, a candidate can make representations supported by the documentary proof or from NCERT books with the payment receipt.
JKCET 2020 Results
The JKCET results 2020 will be uploaded online on the official website of Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBPEE). Candidates can check the result from there and also must take a print out of the scorecard for future correspondence.
Steps to Check the Results
- Visit the Official website Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBPEE )and click on the link “JKCET 2020 RESULT”.
- Enter registered enrollment number, programs applied for and date of birth and click on the “Submit” button.
- The result will be displayed on the screen.
- Results will show the marks obtained in the entrance exam along with merit position in the qualifying entrance exam.
- Candidates must download the result for future references.
JKCET 2020 Counselling
- As soon as the Results get announced, the merit list will be released by the Board on the basis of the rank obtained by the candidates.
- After the release of Merit list, Candidates will be called to report at the allotted venues for counselling which will be decided by the authorities.
- It is mandatory for all the candidates to be present at the time of Counseling to the allocated location with all the required documents; else their admission will be barred and the seat shall be allotted to the waiting list candidate.
- Candidates will have to get their documents verified, only after verification, they will be allotted seats.
- Candidates need to pay INR 1000 to the authority and would even need to select the college.
JKCET 2020 Highlights
Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBPEE)
Offline (Pen Paper Based)
To offer admissions into various engineering programs in various government and private engineering colleges of the state.
In 2002, the State Legislature and The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE) passed the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations Act. The Board as set up under the Act replaced the Competent Authority Entrance Examinations which was existing earlier. JKBOPEE is the examining body for entrance tests by an Act of the Legislature was to invigorate it, so that it might execute the task of selection of candidates independently, objectively and more efficiently.