The JKCET 2023 Exam Pattern has been declared by the conducting body. The JKCET 2023 Exam is given in a paper-and-pencil format. A and B will be the two portions of the paper. Physics and chemistry are covered in Section A, whereas mathematics is covered in Section B.
Exam Mode: JKCET is conducted in offline (pen-and-paper) mode.
Subjects: The JKCET question paper generally consists of three sections, covering the following subjects:
- Mathematics/Biology (depending on the candidate's chosen stream)
- Marking Scheme: The marking scheme for JKCET may vary, but typically it follows the pattern of:
- Each correct answer: +1 mark
- Each incorrect answer: -0.25 mark (negative marking may be applicable)
Duration: The duration of JKCET is usually around 3 hours (180 minutes).
Question Type: The question paper may consist of multiple-choice questions (MCQs), where candidates need to select the correct option from the given choices.
Syllabus: The syllabus for JKCET is usually based on the syllabus of Class 11th and 12th of the Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education (JKBOSE), covering topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology, as per the chosen stream.
It's important to note that the exact exam pattern for JKCET 2023 may be subject to change, and candidates are advised to refer to the official website or conducting authority for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding the exam pattern, syllabus, and other relevant details. It's also recommended to thoroughly prepare for the exam by studying the prescribed syllabus, practicing previous year's question papers, and taking mock tests to familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and improve your chances of success.
JKCET 2023 Exam Pattern
Details regarding JKCET 2023 Exam Pattern is presented below:
- Papers: There will be a single paper with three sections: physics, math, and chemistry.
- Exam mode: According to the JKCET 2023 Official Website, the exam will be held in offline mode, which is a pen and paper-based exam.
- Total number of questions: There will be 60 questions in each subject, for a total of 180 questions.
- In the JKCET 2023 Exam, all of the questions are Multiple Choice Questions. Each question has four options.
- Exam duration: The JKCET 2023 exam will last 180 minutes (3 hours).
- Candidates will receive one mark for each right answer. JKCET 2023 also allows for negative marking. 0.25 points will be removed for each incorrect answer.
- The JKCET 2023 examination will be administered in English.
- JKCET 2023 Syllabus: For more information, candidates should consult the JKCET 2023 Syllabus.
- To get a good result, candidates can use the JKCET 2023 reference books and the JKCET 2023 Answer Key.
Significant facts about JKCET 2023 Exam is discussed below:
Exam Pattern Highlights
Date of Exam
Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations
Mode of Exam
Pen and Paper Mode
|Medium of Exam
Duration of Exam
JKCET 2023 Paper Pattern Outline
No. of Questions
Instructions to fill the OMR Answer Sheet:
The OMR Answer Sheets are intended to ease the evaluation process while simultaneously ensuring the highest level of accuracy. On the OMR Sheet, each circle has an alphabetical or numerical value. As a result, a minor error in colouring the round point on the circle could result in a major blunder.
- The applicants will be given OMR Answer Sheets in the examination hall.
- There are a few blanks at the top of the OMR Sheet that must be filled in carefully.
- Fill in the numerical values for Question Booklet Number, Booklet Series, and Roll Number, as well as darkening the corresponding circles.
- Fill in the blanks with your signature and left-hand thumb impression, then sign and date the certification statement in English.
- The invigilator and administrator of the examination centre must authenticate this certificate.
- Complete the requirements and wait for the signal to start reading and answering the questions. Tear and open the seal of the Question Booklet.
- If a test taker records an incorrect Roll No. or Question Paper Series, or fails to enter it on the OMR Answer Sheet, it will be assumed that the candidate did so without careful consideration and will be held accountable. In any instance, the Board will not take the candidate's objection into consideration.
- Each question is followed by four responses, numbered 1, 2, 3, and 4, only one of which is right or most appropriate. Use a black or blue ballpoint pen to completely darken the corresponding circle on the Answer Sheet to indicate the correct response.
JKCET 2023 Exam Centres
The JKCET exam will be held at 15 locations in Srinagar and 6 locations in Jammu. When filling out the application form, candidates have the option of selecting a JKCET Exam centre.
The Exam Centre will not be altered once it has been assigned. The candidate's Admit Card will contain information about the test centre.
On the day of the JKCET exam, you'll need the following documents.
The following documents should be brought to the JKCET Exam Center by a candidate:
- Government ID Proof
- Passport Size Photo
- Admit Card