Maharashtra Common Entrance Test Master of Computer CET (MAH MCA CET 2023) is organized by Maharashtra State CET Cell. The Authority will conduct the Online MAH MCA CET 2023 at the state level. The entrance exam will provide admission to the first-year/direct second year (separate division & lateral entry) of the three-year (full-time) Master of Computer Applications (MCA) for Academic Year 2023-24. Read the complete article to know more about MAH MCA CET 2023.
MAH MCA CET 2023 Latest Update
- The Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MAH) for Master of Computer Applications (MCA) 2023 will be conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell (CET CELL).
- The last date to apply for MAH MCA CET 2023 is today, March 9, 2023.
- Interested candidates can apply online through the official website of the State Common Entrance Test Cell at mahacet.org.
- The exam will be conducted in online mode on April 9, 2023.
- The exam will consist of two papers, each having 100 marks. Paper 1 will have questions on General Aptitude and Paper 2 will have questions on Computer Concepts.
- The duration of each paper is 90 minutes.
- The MAH MCA CET 2023 exam will be conducted in various test centers across Maharashtra.
- The result of the exam is expected to be declared in the last week of April 2023.
- Candidates who qualify in the MAH MCA CET 2023 exam will be eligible for admission to various MCA programs offered by colleges and universities in Maharashtra.
- The selection of candidates for admission to MCA programs will be based on the merit list prepared by the CET CELL. The merit list will be based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the MAH MCA CET 2023 exam.
MAH MCA CET 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check the MAH MCA CET 2023 exam status from the below table:
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test Master of Computer Application 2023 Status
|Application form Soon|
MAH MCA CET 2023 Important Dates
Given below are the important dates for MAH MCA 2023:
MAH MCA CET 2023 Dates
|Last Date to Register||TBA|
|Application form reopen||TBA|
|Issue of MAH MCA CET Admit Card||TBA|
|MAH MCA CET 2023 Exam Date||25th March and 26th March, 2023|
|Release of MCA CET Result ||TBA|
MAH MCA CET 2023 Application Form
To register and fill MAH MCA CET 2023 application form
, the candidates are required to apply online. No other mode of application will be accepted. The application form for MAH MCA Common Entrance Test has been available from 17 March 2023.
- Candidates can apply for the exam on the official website of State CET Cell.
- Fill in all the information carefully in the application form as no correction facility will be provided after the final submission.
- Upload the scanned photograph & signature in a prescribed format.
Important Instructions to follow before MAH MCA CET Registration
Before applying online, candidates should-
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as per prescribed format.
- Provide valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of the admission process. And if the case, candidates do not have their email id, they should create it.
- Arrange for Application Fee (Non-refundable), Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fee will have to be borne by the candidate.
MAH MCA CET 2023 Application Fee
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the MCA CET 2023 Application processing fee through online mode only by using Internet Payment, Credit Card/Debit Card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/Mobile Wallets.
MCA CET 2023 Examination Fee
|General Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K Migrant candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|Reserved Category Candidates of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DTNT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC, SEBC] and & Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only.||Rs. 800/-|
- The application fee once paid will neither be refunded nor transferable under any circumstances.
- The above-mentioned fee does not include the additional bank charges.
- No other mode of payment will be accepted by the authority.
MAH MCA CET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates should fulfill the MAH MCA CET 2023 Eligibility for appearing in the Online MCA exam. The eligibility criteria are given below in detail:
- The candidates should be Indian nationals.
- Candidates must have passed a Bachelor's Degree (minimum 3 years) in any discipline awarded by a University recognized by the University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities with at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent.
- Candidates of OBC and PwD categories belonging to Maharashtra State only should score a minimum of 45% marks.
- Must have studied Mathematics as core subjects in 10+2 level or Graduation level examination.
- Applicants appearing for the qualifying examination (final year) in 2020 are also eligible for the MCA Common Entrance Exam.
- Candidates should have passed Bachelor Degree in Computer Applications or Science (Information Technology or Computer Science), for direct second-year admission.
MAH MCA CET 2023 Exam Pattern
Before beginning their preparation for the exam, applicants appearing for the Popular Entrance Examination must go through the MAH MCA CET 2023 exam pattern. The following is the basic knowledge about the Masters of Computer Application CET:
- Exam Mode: The exam will conduct in Online mode (Computer-based Test).
- Duration: Candidates will get 90 minutes (one and a half hours) for both papers.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (Objective type)
- Total Marks: The exam will be of a Total of 200 marks.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will get 4 marks for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for an incorrect response.
- Negative Marking:0.5 marks will be deducted for each wrong response
- Medium: Question paper will be asked in the English language only.
Check the paper-wise distribution of Questions and marks given in the table below:
MCA CET Marks Distribution
|Papers||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Maths and Stats||30 ||60|
|English Comprehension and verbal ability||20||40|
NOTE: If in case, candidates did not attempt any question, no marks will be deducted for that.
MAH MCA CET 2023 Syllabus
Two papers-General Aptitude and Computer Principles-will be part of the online CET. The topics from both papers will be included in the MAH MCA CET 2023 Syllabus. Please review the MCA Popular Entrance exam syllabus here. :
Mathematics and Statistics
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, Quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations, and combinations.
- Arithmetic: Ratios and proportions, problems on time-work, distance-speed, percentage, etc.
- Basic Set Theory and Functions: Set, relations, and mappings,
- Mensuration: areas, triangles, and quadrilaterals, area and circumference of circles, volumes, and surface areas of simple solids such as cubes, spheres, cylinders, and cones.
- Coordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, equations of a line, mic point, intersections, etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, a pair of straight lines, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, a solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse function.
- Differential Equations: Differential equations of the first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent” events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, skewness and kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and the principle of least squares, correlation, and regression
2. Computer Concepts
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices.
- Computer Architecture: Block structure of computers, communication between the processor and I/O devices, interrupts.
- Computer Language: Assembly language and high-level language, Computer Programming in C.
- Operating System basics: Multiprogramming and timesharing operating Systems.
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, signed arithmetic, and two’s complement arithmetic, floating-point representation of numbers.
3. Logical/Abstract Reasoning
The logical reasoning section will cover logical situations and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
4. English comprehension and verbal ability
Questions in these sections shall be designed to test the candidate’s basic understanding of the English language. English section covers questions from Basic English grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, synonyms, antonyms, sentence correction, word & phrases, and jumbled paragraphs.
MAH MCA CET 2023 Admit Card
MAH MCA CET 2023 Admit Card
will be available.
MCA CET hall tickets can be downloaded by visiting the official website. All information about hall tickets is given hereby:
- Information about the downloading Hall Ticket will also be sent on the registered email/SMS.
- Candidates can download the admit card by using their Registration Number/Roll Number OR by Password/Date of Birth.
- After downloading, candidates have to affix the recent passport size photograph on the space provided on the hall ticket preferably the same as provided during registration.
- At the time of examination, candidates have to carry their admit card along with the photo identity proof for verification.
NOTE: Ration Card & Learning Driving License are not valid id proof.
MAH MCA CET 2023 Exam Centres
MAH MCA CET 2023 examination will be conducted in the selected cities in Maharashtra & outside Maharashtra State. Check details below:
- Each centre may have many "Venues" depending upon the number of candidates appearing at that centre.
- Candidates can give their preference for the centre but the final decision will be taken by the Competent Authority.
- No request for change of centre/venue/date/session for Examination will be entertained by the official authority CET Cell.
MAH MCA CET 2023 Result
MAH MCA CET 2023 Result will release online on the official website.
- Candidates can check the result by entering their Registration number and Roll Numbers.
- The MCA CET scorecard will display candidates’ marks, percentile, rank obtained, Date of Birth, qualifying status, etc.
- Examinees must note the authority will not send the scorecard via post.
MAH MCA CET 2023 Counselling
MAH MCA CET Counselling is expected to be held tentatively in June 2023. Qualified students will be called for the counselling session. Given below are some important point that needs to be kept in mind:
- A minimum of 50% marks (40% for SC/ST) is required to stand eligible for counselling.
- The merit list will contain the names of candidates in order of ranks secured by them in the test.
- Aspirants can contact the organizing authority in case there is a discrepancy in their scores.
- Students who are shortlisted via the merit list are eligible for the counselling session.
Participating Institutes in which Admission will be Provided
- All Government or Government Aided Institutes offering Master's in Computer Application
- All University Departments offering MCA course
- Institutes managed by Universities that offer MCA course
- All Un-Aided MCA Institutes covered.
MAH MCA CET 2023 Highlights
Check the details given below about MAH MCA Common Entrance Test 2023:
Maharashtra Master of Computer Application Common Entrance Test
MAH MCA CET 2023
Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra
State Level PG
MAH MCA CET Official Website
| Apply Now|
MCA (Master of Computer Application)
To offer admission to first-year/direct second year (separate division & lateral entry) of the three-year full-time postgraduate degree course in Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
Exam Conducting Authority: State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra
State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra, Mumbai conducted the MHT-CET examination for various programs. Following are the list of exam conducted by State CET Cell, Maharashtra State:
|Stream||Name of Exam||Admission Valid for|
|Computer Application||MAH MCA CET||Three-year full-time postgraduate degree course in Master of Computer Applications (MCA).|
|Applied Arts and Craft||MAH AAC CET||For admission in the Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA).|
|Management||MAH CET||For admission in Master of Business Administration (MBA) & Master of Management Studies (MMS).|
|Law||MH CET LAW||Admission in law courses such as BBA-LLB, LL. B, BA-LLB, and BLS-LLB, etc. |
|Architecture||MAH M.Arch CET||Enroll in the Post Graduate Technical course in Architecture (Master of Architecture).|
|Education||MAH B.Ed CET||To enroll in the Bachelor of Education (two-year full-time regular course).|