MH SET 2020 Exam was going to be held on 28 June 2020 has been postponed. Maharashtra State Eligibility Test is conducted by Savitribai Phule Pune University for the post of Assistant Professor in the states of Maharashtra and Goa. This exam is conducted once every year at the State Level. Maharashtra SET exam is conducted in 32 different subjects of Arts, Commerce, Science, Management, Law, Mental, Moral and Social Sciences Education and Physical Education. Also, the candidates must go through the article to know more about MAHA SET 2020 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Counselling etc.
- SET 2020 exam was scheduled to be held on 28 June 2020 has been postponed due to COVID-19.
MH-SET 2020 Important Dates
The candidates can check dates regarding MH SET 2020 below in the given table:
MH-SET 2020 Event Calendar
|Online Application Form date||01 January 2020|
|Last date to fill the Application Form||29 January 2020|
|Last date of submission of online Fee through Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking||29 January 2020|
|Correction/Editing of particulars in the Application form start date||31 January 2020|
|Correction/Editing of particulars in the Application form deadline||06 February 2020|
| Admit Card available for Download||To be Announced|
|MH-SET 2020 Exam Date||To be Announced|
|Answer Key releasing date||To be Announced|
|Result Date||To be Announced|
MH-SET 2020 Admit Card
The Savitribai Phule Pune University will issue the admit card for Maharashtra SET 2020. The hall tickets will be issued on the official website of the university at setexam.unipune.ac.in. Given below are some details related to MH-SET 2020 Hall Ticket:
- The candidates who have filled their application form can download the admit card from the official website by entering the username and password provided to them at the time of registrations.
- Hall Ticket of Maharastra SET 2020 will be available on the official website. There is no other mode by which candidate can get his or her to admit card.
- Candidates are advised to download and get a printout of their MH-SET ADMIT CARD 2020.
- Candidate has to carry their admit card and also one additional national photo identity such as Adhar Card, PAN card, Voter Id etc to the examination centre for the verification purpose on the Day of the Examination.
- The candidates will be allowed to appear only in the SET subject which is mentioned on the admit card.
- Applicants have to go to that particular Test centre which is mentioned on their admit card.
MH-SET 2020 Exam Centre
The SET Examination will be conducted at the following 15 centres only. Candidate can choose their MH-SET 2020 Test Centre as per their convenience from the following list:
MH-SET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must go through the given points related with MH-SET 2020 exam pattern :
MH-SET 2020 Paper Pattern
|Exam Mode||Offline(Pen and Paper)|
|Duration||180 Minutes or 3 Hours|
|No. of Papers|
2 (Paper 1 and Paper 2)
|No. of Sessions|
2 (Session 1 and Session 2)
|Number of Questions|
- 50 Questions (First Session)
- 100 Questions(Second Session)
|Type of Questions||Objective mode|
- Two marks (+2) for a correct answer
- No negative marking
|Medium||English and Hindi|
Note: The offline examination will be held on 28 June 2020.
The distribution of negative marking is not specified on the official website.
|Session||Paper||Number of Questions|| Marks|| Duration|
|First||I||50 out of 60 questions||50 x 2 = 100||1-1/4 Hrs. (10:00 a.m. to 11.15 a.m.)|
|First||II||50 all compulsory||50 x 2= 100||1-1/4 Hrs. (11:15 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.)|
|Second||III||75 all compulsory||75 x 2= 150||2-1/2 Hrs. (02:00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.)|
MH-SET 2020 Syllabus
Savitribai Phule Pune University will conduct Maharashtra State eligibility Test 2020 in the following subjects:
- Political Science
- Defence & Strategic Studies
- Home Science
- Library & Information Science
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- Social Work
- Public Administration
- Mathematical Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Physical Science
- Chemical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Science
- Computer Science & Application
- Electronics Science
- Forensic Science
- Physical Education
MH-SET 2020 Answer key
Authority will publish MH SET 2020 answer key on the official website after the commencement of the exam. If candidates have any doubt regarding the answer key, they can object the answer key with payment of Rs.1000 /- per request. In case their objection is found correct then only the authority will refund the objection fees. After making the correction and go through all objection the authority will release the final answer key and result is prepared on the basis of final answer key.
MH-SET 2020 Result
The result of the MH-SET will be made available on the official website .in when it is declared. Candidates can download the result by following the instructions given below:
- Go to SET Exam official website which is set exam.unipune.ac.in.
- Then click on result link appearing on the main menu.
- After that, Click on select appropriate exam section. Note that this will only be available only if the result is out.
- Then the candidate has to select with marks or without marks option.
- Now the candidate has to enter seat number, name, birth date and mobile number (as mentioned in Online Application Form).
- The result of Maharashtra SET 2020 will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates can download the Result in PDF format and keep it safe for further events.
MH-SET 2020 Application form
MH-SET 2020 Registration form
was available from 01 January 2020.
Those applicants who are willing to become Assistant Professor in universities/ colleges of Maharashtra and Goa can apply in this test by filling the application form in online mode. The candidate may refer to below-given instructions to know the methods of applying for MH state eligibility test registration form:
- The interested applicants have to visit on the official web page of Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune.
- Candidates can register themselves by submitting the required details appearing on the screen.
- The username and password will be provided by the university after which candidates can fill their Application Form with all the correct and complete details.
- Candidates must have to check all the details mentioned in the application form before submitting it.
- In the application form, candidates have to upload scanned photo and signature.
- Make a payment of the exam fee. The examination fees once paid cannot be refunded at any circumstances.
- After submitting the application form, candidates are advised to take the print out of it for future use.
MH-SET 2020 Application Fee
After filling all the details in the Application Form, candidates have to pay the registration fee as per their category. For further Information regarding MH-SET 2020 Registration fee, candidates can check the following table:
MH-SET 2020 Registration fee
|Sr.No.||Category||Application Fees |
|1||Open(General category)||Rs. 800/-|
|2||OBC/SBC/DT(A)/NT(B)/NT(C)/NT(D)/SEBC (Non Creamy Layer Category Only) /EWS/ OrphanSC/ST/PH/VH/Transgenders/||Rs. 650/-|
| 3 ||SC/ST/PH/VH/Transgenders||Rs. 650/-|
The candidates of other states except for Goa, belonging to reserved categories shall be treated as Open category, as per the reservation policy of Maharashtra & Goa Govts.
Mode of Payment:
- Candidates can pay the examination fee in Online mode only i.e. either by credit/ debit card or Internet Banking.
MH-SET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for MH-SET 2020 Candidate must check the eligibility criteria for the exam. A candidate is advised to fill the Registration Form only if they are fulfiling the eligibility criteria as per Maharastra Government. MH-SET 2020 Eligibility is given below:
- Candidate must have a master’s Degree recognized by UGC student’s Post Graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or Foreign degree/Diploma/Certificate given by the Foreign University/Institute
- The students with SC/ST/OBC/SBC/DT/NT category, obtaining 55% marks in Master’s or related exam are eligible for this test. OBC/SBC/DT/NT from the non-creamy layer and SC/ST/PH/VH (PH & VH-Visually, i.e., Blind) category aspirants obtaining 50% marks in Master’s or related exam will be considered for the exam.
- Candidates who are still pursuing their Master's degree or any equivalent postgraduate course or candidates who have appeared in the final year exam of their Master’s degree and whose result is still awaited or applicants whose qualifying examinations have been delayed can also apply for MH-SET.
- Reserved Category Candidate of states outside Maharashtra or Goa will be treated as General Category Candidate as per the rules of Maharashtra Government.
- Candidates can appear for MH-SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only e.g.
- Commerce: M.Com.
- Environmental Science: M.Sc. Env. Sci.,
- Life Science: M.Sc. Life Science/Botany/Zoology/Microbiology/ Biotechnology,
- Home Science: M.Sc., M.A. Home Science etc.
- Registered Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. Candidate has to verify their documents concerning the claims made in their application, after the result of the SET examination.
- A candidate who has already qualified MH-SET in any subject, he or she will not be allowed to appear again for MH-SET in the same subject. If a candidate is found doing so, the Authority have rights to take any legal actions against them.
- There is no upper age limit for the candidate to apply for MH-SET 2020.
- As per the rules by U.G.C., the candidates who have passed M.Sc. (by Research) will be not eligible to appear for the MH-SET.
MH-SET 2020 Highlights
The Maharashtra State Eligibility Test highlights can be checked below:
|Exam Name( Commonly Known as)||MH-SET 2020|
|Full Name||Maharashtra State Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||Savitribai Phule Pune University(SPPU)|
|Application Form Mode||Online|
|MH-SET 2020 Official Website||https://setexam.unipune.ac.in/|
Stay Connected for more information regarding MH-SET 2020.
About Savitribai Phule Pune University
Savitribai Phule Pune University which is also as Pune University is one of the prestigious university in India. Pune University is situated in the North-western region of Pune and was established on 10 February 1949 under the Poona University Act. Huge campus of 411-Acre houses 46 academic departments. Pune University has about 718 Affiliated colleges and research institutes under it. The University ranks 04 in state of Maharashtra and 10 in NIRF rankings of country. The main educational programs of the University of Pune are extended through a comprehensive course structure, with traditional and modern delivery processes. University provides more than 400-course programs covering different disciplines are offered at the Graduate and Post-Graduate levels. Pune University provides admission in doctoral research in a wide range of fields. The number of colleges affiliated to the this University, and its student is rapidly increased over the years.