NDA 1 2021 Exam Pattern has been released by the conducting body - Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). This is a national level entrance exam organized to provide an opportunity to the candidates to join any of the wings which include Indian Army, Air Force and Navy. Along with the written test, the selection will be done on the basis of intelligence and physical tests. Candidates can go through the article given below to know all the details about types of questions, marking scheme, exam mode, etc of NDA 1 2021.
NDA 1 2021 Exam Pattern
UPSC National Defence Academy 1 2021 exam held two times in a year - one in April (NDA 1) and the other one in November (NDA 2). Candidates can check the complete NDA 1 2021 paper pattern mentioned below:
NDA 1 Question Pattern 2021
|The medium of Question Paper|
Mathematics - English and Hindi
General Ability Test (Part B) - English and Hindi
Mathematics - 02 hours 30 minutes
General Ability Test - 02 hours 30 minutes
0.33 for every wrong answer as a penalty
No marks would be deducted for un-attempted questions
Candidates can check the subject-wise distribution of marks, Type of questions given below in a table:
|Codes||Subjects||Maximum Marks||Types of Questions||Mode of Examination|
|01||Mathematics||300||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||Paper and pen-based (offline)|
|02||General Ability Test||600||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||Paper and pen-based (offline)|
| || || || || |
| ||SSB Test/Interview||900||-||-|
After clearing the written test, candidates have to appear for 5- Days Service Selection Board (SSB) Interview round.
NOTE: The total marks of General Ability Test are 600 out of which Part 1 (English) includes 200 marks and Part 2 (General Knowledge) includes 400 marks.
Important Instructions for NDA 1 2021 Exam
The candidates must follow the instructions mentioned below during the examination:
(i). Articles permitted inside Examination Hall
- Clipboard or hardboard (on which nothing is written)a good quality Black Ball Pen for marking responses on the Answer Sheet.
- Answer Sheet and sheet for rough work will be supplied by the invigilator.
(ii). Articles not permitted inside Examination Hall
- Candidates must not bring into the Examination Hall any article other than those specified above e.g. books, notes, loose sheets, electronic or any other type of calculators, mathematical and drawing instruments, Log Tables, stencils of maps, slide rules, Test Booklets and rough sheets pertaining to the earlier session(s) etc.
- Mobiles, phones, Bluetooth, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted.
(iii). Penalty for Wrong Answers
- If a candidate is given more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happens to be correct and there will be the same penalty as above for that question.
- If a question is left blank i.e. no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
(iv). Unfair means strictly prohibited
- No candidate shall copy from the papers of any other candidate nor permit his papers to be copied nor give nor attempt to give nor obtain nor attempt to obtain irregular assistance of any description.
(v). Conduct in Examination Hall
- No candidate should misbehave in any manner or create disorderly scene in the Examination Hall or harass the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of the examination.
(vi). Entries in Scannable Attendance List
Candidates are required to fill in the relevant particulars with black ball pen only against their columns in the Scannable Attendance List, as given below.
- Blacken the circle (P) under the column (Present/Absent)
- Blacken the relevant circle for Test Booklet Series
- Write Test Booklet Serial No.
- Write the Answer Sheet Serial No. and also blacken the Corresponding circles below.
- Append signature in the relevant column.