NDA(1) 2020 Eligibility is published by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). NDA(1) 2020 Eligibility Criteria must be followed by every candidate who wish to be in Air Force, Indian Navy and Army. This exam is held twice in a year - one in April (NDA 1) and the other one in November (NDA 2). The candidates who will qualify the National Defence Academy Entrance Exam will get the entry in 144th Course of NDA, and 106th course of Naval Academy (NA). Candidate can go through the article below to check the NDA(1) 2020 eligibility criteria to know whether they are eligible for the exam or not.
NDA(1) 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must ensure that they fulfil all the UPSC NDA(1) 2020 eligibility conditions for applying in the Examination. Candidates must go through the NDA eligibility before applying for it. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will purely rely on those terms and conditions satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions-
NDA 2020 General Eligibility
The candidates can check NDA common eligibility requirements below:
- A candidate must be a citizen of India or Bhutan or Nepal.
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 01 January 1962 to permanently settle in India.
- Candidate of India origin who has migrated from Uganda, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Pakistan, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam for settling in India.
- Candidates have to submit the certificate of eligibility, who are otherwise not a citizen of India, that has been issued by the Government of India mentioned in the above points.
- Certificate of eligibility will not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
Age Limits, Gender and Marital Status :
- Only male candidates who are unmarried and born not earlier than 02 January 2001 and not later than 01 January 2004 are eligible.
- The date of birth entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University will be accepted valid by the official authority.
- The certificate must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Secondary School Examination or an equivalent examination certificates.
- These certificates are required to be submitted only when the results of the written examination are declared.
- No other documents relating to age such as horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation or service records, etc will be accepted.
- Only date of birth recorded in the Matriculation/Secondary school examination certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of application submission.
- Candidates must also undertake not to marry until they complete their training.
NDA 2020 Educational Qualifications
Candidates must fulfil the UPSC NDA eligibility criteria for the basic qualifications mentioned below:
UPSC NDA(1) Education Qualification
|For Army Wing of National Defence Academy ||12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University. |
|For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy||12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University|
NOTE: Candidates who are appearing in Class 12 under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.
NDA(1) 2020 Physical Standards:
Candidates must be physically and mentally fit as per physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination 2020 as per guidelines given below:
- Several qualified candidates are rejected subsequently on medical grounds. Candidates must get themselves medically examined before submitting their applications to avoid rejection at the final stage.
- Candidates are also advised to rectify minor defects/ailments so that medical examination can be finalised quickly that will be conducted at the Military Hospital after being recommended at the SSB.
The list of such commonly found defects/ailments is given below:
- Wax (Ears)
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Under Sized Chest
NDA(1) 2020 Eligibility Criteria for Height and Weight standards of the candidates in the Army/Air force and Navy :
The details about height and weight standards for the Army and Air Force are given below in a table:
NDA(1) Height and Weight Chart for Army and Air Force
|Height in Centimetres (Without shoes) ||Weight in Kgs. |
|16 - 17 years||17 - 18 years||18 - 19 years|
|155||43.5 ||45.3||47.0 |
|160||46.5||48.0 ||49.0 |
|162||48.0||50.0 ||51.0 |
|173||54.5 ||57.0 ||58.0 |
|175||56.0 ||59.0 ||60.0 |
|178||58.0 ||61.0 ||62.0|
NOTE: Height relaxable up to 2.5 cm will be allowed in only that case where the Medical Board certifies that the candidate is likely to grow and come up to the required standard on completion of his training.
The details about height and weight standards for Navy are given below in a table:
NDA(1) Height and Weight Chart for Navy
|Height in Centimetres (Without shoes) ||Weight in Kgs. |
|16 years||18 years||20 years|
|155||45 ||46||47 |
|162||48||50 ||52 |
|173||55 ||57 ||59 |
To meet the special requirement as a pilot in the Air Force the acceptable measurements of leg length, thigh length and sitting height will be as under :
|Acceptable Measurements||Minimum||Maximum |
|Leg Length ||99.00 cms||120.00 cms. |
|Thigh Length||-||64.00 cms. |
|Sitting Height||81.50 cms. ||96.00 cms. |
- The chest should be well developed. The fully expanded chest should be more than 81 cms. The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cms.
- Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on the inner face of the forearm.
- A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board (SSB) will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers.
- Only those candidates will be admitted to the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy who are declared fit by the Medical Board.