NIMHANS OET 2020 session 1 has been postponed due to COVID-19. This exam is also also known as National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences Online Entrance Test Session 2020. The exam is conducted twice every year at the University Level in online(CBT) mode by NIMHANS. Candidates can apply for NIMHANS OET through online mode. Furthermore, the candidates will be enrolled in Ph.D., Superspeciality, Postdoctoral, Postgraduate, Diploma, B.Sc. and Certificate Courses. Also, the candidates must read the complete article to know more about NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2020 Important Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Counselling etc.
- NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2020 entrance exam for Ph.D., Super Speciality, Postdoctoral and Postgraduate Courses has been postponed due to COVID-19. The revised scheduled will be intimated in due course.
NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 Dates
The candidates can check important dates for NIMHANS OET 1 2020 below in the given table:
|Release of advertisement||01 January 2020|
|Online Application Date||07 January 2020|
|Online Application Form Last Date||06 February 2020|
|Last date for editing details in NIMHANS application form||06 February 2020|
|Date for Online Fee Payment||07 January to 06 February 2020|
|Exam Date (Ph.D., Super Speciality, Postdoctoral and Postgraduate Courses)||Postponed|
|Exam Date (B.Sc courses)||Postponed|
|Result Date (except B.Sc.)||To be announced|
NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2020 Admit Card
The NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 Admit card
can be downloaded from the official website of NIMHANS. The hall ticket is compulsory to appear in the exam. The admit card will have the details like candidate's name, the timing of the exam, exam centre, etc. While going for the exam candidates must carry their admit card along with the Id proof like- PAN Card/ Aadhar card/Voter id etc. for verification purpose.
NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 Exam Centers
The Test centres for NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 are as follows:
- For UG Courses:
- Cochin and
- For PG Courses:
- Kolkata and
NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2020 Application Form
- The application form for NIMHANS OET Session 1 was released on 01 January 2020 and the last date to fill the form was 06 February 2020.
- Candidates applied online mode on the official website of conducting body.
- Candidates could apply for three courses in a single application form.
- Upload scanned copy of photograph and signature in the proper format.
- A candidate had to select three cities, for taking the examination, in the order of priority, i.e., first, second and third choices.
- Application form should be submitted through the Online mode only.
- Foreign Nationals candidates should upload a ‘No Objection Certificate (NOC)’ from Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India or Diplomatic Mission/Consulate of India in the country of which Applicant is a citizen of.
NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2020 Application Fee
The NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2020 registration fee for all courses is mentioned below:
NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 Registration Fees 2020
|For all category candidates||Rs 1000/-|
Mode of Payment- Via online Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
Note - The application fees once paid will not be refunded in any case.
NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check their NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2020 eligibility before applying for examination in the given below data:
- Age of the candidates would be calculated as on 01.07.2020 for session 1 and 01.01.2021 for session 2.
- Age of the candidates for postgraduate medical and Superspeciality courses should not be more than 32 years for MBBS degree holders and 35 for PG medical degree holders.
- The maximum age limit for applying to M.Sc. in Biostatistics course is 30 years and relaxable by a maximum of 3 years for OBC candidates.
- The age of the candidates should not be more than 45 years as on the date of commencement of courses in case of sponsored/deputed candidates.
- Age of the candidates for B.Sc. in Nursing, B.Sc. in Radiography and B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology courses, age of the candidates should be between 17 and 25 years.
Eligibility Criteria for Non-Medical Courses:
- Candidates should secure at least 45% marks in PUC or class 12 for B.Sc Nursing and Radiography course with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Candidates should secure 45% marks PUC or class with Science subjects for B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology course.
- Candidates should pass the M.Sc. / MA/ MSW/ BAMS / BE/ B.Tech/ B.S examination from a University recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or the
Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) with 55% marks.
Note- Candidates who have cleared the UGC / CSIR / ICMR / DBT and AYUSH (specific reference to courses in Yoga and Ayurveda) (JRF/ SRF only) qualifying exams are exempted from OET.
Eligibility for Medical Courses:
- Candidates have MBBS degree from a recognized university or another university equivalent to NIMHANS and by the Medical Council of India.
- Candidates must complete a one-year rotational internship after MBBS or equivalent.
- Candidates who have passed MD/MS/DNB/DPM from a recognized University or any other University recognized as equivalent and by the Medical Council of India.
NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2020 exam pattern in the given below table:
Paper Pattern for NIMHANS OET Session 1 2020
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
Correct Answer: +1 Marks
Incorrect Answer: -0.25 Marks
The applicants must know the Exam Pattern for better preparation for the Entrance Exam.
NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2020 Exit Examination
The NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 are held twice a year in April & October. The candidates can check the exit exam details for the same below in the table:
For April Session - The applicants can check the details for April session below:
|Courses||Examination||Type of Examination|
|Ph.D Courses||On completion of 1 Year from the date of course|
|Superspeciality courses||DM Courses– Part I & III/Final and M.Ch. in|
Neurosurgery– Part I & III / Final
|Postgraduate Medical Courses||MD in Psychiatry- Part I & II/Final and MPH- Part|
I & II/ Final
|M.Phil. courses- Part I & II/Final and M.Sc.|
courses- Part I & II/Final
|Undergraduate Courses||B.Sc. Courses– I, II, III & IV Year |
Diploma Courses- Final
For October Session - The applicants check the below table:
|Courses||Examination||Type of Examination|
|Ph.D. Courses||On completion of 1 Year from the date of course|
|Superspeciality||DM Courses- Part I & III/Final and M.Ch.in|
Neurosurgery- Part I & III/Final
DM Courses-Part II and M.Ch. in Neurosurgery-Part II
|Postgraduate Medical Courses||MD in Psychiatry- Part I & III/Final and MPH-Part|
|M.Phil. Courses- Part I & II/Final and M.Sc.|
Courses-Part I & II/Final
|Undergraduate Courses||B.Sc. Courses- I, II, III & IV Year |
Diploma Courses- Final
Note- The above table details will apply from 2020 Exit Examination.
NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2020 Result
NIMHANS result 2020 for Session 1
will be declared on the official website of NIMHANS. The candidates can check their result there. More details about the result are below:
- The selection will be based on merit in the Entrance Test.
- A merit list will be prepared course wise & reserved category wise based on the marks scored by the applicants in the OET SESSION 1 2020.
- List of all the qualified candidates and those called for interview/admission will be notified on the Institute’s website and notice board.
- The PhD qualified candidates will be notified for admission for all courses & interview.
Merit List of NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2020
The merit list details for NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2020 are mentioned below in the points:
- A separate merit list will be prepared for MD in Psychiatry & M.Phil.in Clinical Psychology for the seats reserved for Karnataka domiciles.
- Separate merit list will be prepared for seats reserved for domiciles of Arunachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jammu and Kashmir, Manipur Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura & Uttarakhand in MD in Psychiatry.
NIMHANS OET 2020 Tie Breaker for Inter-se merit
In the case of two or more applicants obtaining equal marks in the Online Entrance Test the following rules will be followed:
- A number of attempts in the qualifying exam.
- If the number of attempts is the same, candidates securing higher marks in the qualifying exam will be considered.
- In the case of non-medical courses, consolidated marks of all the semesters/years of the qualifying exam will be considered.
- In case of medical courses, marks of the qualifying examination Final year Part II of MBBS or final year MD/MS (if available) will be considered as the case may be.
- Age will be considered if the marks are the same. Senior one will be considered.
- If the birth date will be the same then the candidate with lesser number of negative marks in the OET will be considered.
Admission Process for NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2020
The admission process in NIMHANS for various courses will be done in the following ways:
- The applicants who will qualify for appearing before the Selection Committee for Interview are required to qualify by obtaining a minimum of 50% marks to be eligible for admission to a PhD course.
- The other candidates will have to obtain 50% marks in OET to become eligible for Interview.
NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2020 Highlights
The highlights for NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 are as follows:
|Exam Name||NIMHANS OET SESSION 1|
|Full Name of Exam||National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences Online Entrance Test Session 2020|
|Frequency of Exam||Twice|
|Level of Exam||National|
|NIMHANS OET Official Website||http://nimhans.ac.in|
|Purpose of exam ||To offer admission in Ph.D., Superspeciality, Postdoctoral, Postgraduate, Diploma, B.Sc. and Certificate Courses|
About National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences
In the year 1947 AIIMH and Mental Hospital were amalgamated, giving birth to the National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Banglore. It is located in the city of Bengaluru, Karnataka.
On November 1994 NIMHANS was conferred a deemed to be University. It has various departments like Biophysics, Biostatistics, Psychiatry, Nursing, Neurosurgery, etc. Also, it offers various courses like Dr. of Philosophy, Super Speciality Courses, Post-Doctoral Fellowship, etc.