NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2021 Result will be announced by the National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bengaluru (NIMHANS) on its official website. The result will be disclosed on the official website of the nimhans and the selection will be purely based on the merit basis. It is declared in the form of selection list and in PDF form. After the declaration of result, PhD candidates will have to appear for an interview while shortlisted candidates for other courses have to appear for document verification. Those who have appeared in the online test can go through the complete article below.
NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2021 Result Date
The candidates can check vital dates of NIMHANS below in the given table:
NIMHANS 2021 Result Date
|Ph.D., Super Speciality, Postdoctoral and Postgraduate Courses Result date||To be Announced|
|B.Sc course result date||To be Announced|
|Ph.D., Super Speciality, Postdoctoral and Postgraduate Courses exam date||To be Announced|
|B.Sc Courses exam date||To be Announced|
Stay connected to the page to know result dates of NIMHANS 2021
which will be updated once will be announced.
NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2021 Result
The NIMHANS 2021 result will be declared on the official website the date of which will be announced after the conduction of the online test. The detailed information for the NIMHANS 2021 result is mentioned below:
- The merit list will be prepared based on the performance of the aspirants in the entrance exam.
- If no eligible candidates are available against reserved seats, then the seats will be filled up from the general merit category.
- The authority will not send the rank card to an individual via post, hence the candidates will have to check same on the web portal of the authorised body.
- Applicants must keep their rank card with safety until the admission process gets over.
How to download the NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2021 Result?
The candidates can check the result from the official website of the authorised body after its releases. The result will be displayed in the PDF format. The applicant can follow the below steps to check and download the merit list:
Step 1: Visit the official website of NIMHANS.
Step 2: On the home page on the “Announcements” section the candidates will find a link to access the result.
Step 3: On clicking the result link, a new page will open where the candidate will find the course wise lists, click on the respective course to check the result.
Step 4: The result will be available in PDF format which consists of the name of the qualifiers, download the result PDF and take a print out of it.
Merit List of NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2021
The merit list details for NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2021 are mentioned below in the points:
- A merit list will be prepared course-wise and reserved category wise based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the Online entrance test.
- A separate merit list will be prepared for MD in Psychiatry &M.Phil.in Clinical Psychology for the seats reserved for Karnataka domiciles.
- A merit list will be prepared for seats reserved for domiciles of Arunachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Jammu and Kashmir, Manipur Meghalaya, Mizoram, & Uttarakhand in MD in Psychiatry.
Details in the merit list of NIMHANS
Following details will be mentioned in the merit list:
- Provisional registration number
- Candidate’s roll number
- The total score obtained in the OET
- Sponsorship status
NIMHANS OET SESSION 1 2021 Selection Criteria
The selection will be done in the following ways after qualifying the NIMHANS online entrance exam:
- The applicants who will qualify for appearing before the Selection Committee for an Interview are required to qualify by obtaining a minimum of 50% marks to be eligible for admission to a PhD course.
- The other candidates will have to obtain 50% marks in OET to become eligible for Interview.
- The decision of the Director regarding selection will be final and no representation in any form will be entertained.
How is NIMHANS Result 2021 Marks Evaluated?
The result for NIMHANS entrance exam is published on the examination website in the form of merit list pdfs. While preparing the merit list, the candidate’s score in the entrance exam is the sole criterion. The institute declares the results separately for all courses. Candidates will not receive any intimation about the declaration of results and publication of merit lists. While calculating the scores, the following marking scheme is followed, as per data:
- No. of questions: There is a total of 100 questions in each course’s test.
- Negative marking: 0.25 marks are deducted per the wrong answer
NIMHANS OET Session 1 2021 Tie Breaker for Inter-se merit
In the case of two or more applicants obtaining equal marks in the Online Entrance Test the following rules will be followed to solve the cases:
- Firstly, a number of attempts in the qualifying exam will be considered.
- If the above criteria fail than candidate securing higher marks in the qualifying exam will be considered.
- Non-medical courses - consolidated marks of all the semesters/years of the qualifying exam will be considered.
- Medical courses - marks of the qualifying examination final year part II of MBBS or final year MD / MS (if available) will be considered as the case may be.
- If marks criteria fail than the Age will be considered. Senior one will be considered.
- If the birth date will be the same then the candidate with lesser number of negative marks in the OET will be considered.
Cut Off Marks For NIMHANS 2021
The candidates need to obtain minimum qualifying marks for NIMHANS OET session 1 in order to pass the test. The candidates need to score equal to or more than the cut-off percentage in order to be declared as “Qualified”. The cut-off marks required to qualify the test is as follows:
|Category||Postgraduate / Postdoctoral Fellowship / Fellowship /UG Courses||Super-speciality Courses||PhD Courses|
|UR / OBC candidates||50%||--||--|
|SC / ST applicants||45%||--||--|
|For all other candidates||---||50%||50%|