OSSC 2021 stands for Odisha Staff Selection Commission that conducts the OSSC exams for various posts. Selection of the candidates is through direct recruitment for different Group-B & Group-C Civil posts. The process of OSSC application takes place in an online mode at the official site of OSSC. Posts filled under OSSC are: Administrative Officer, Joint Secretary, Deputy Secretary, Under Secretary, Junior Assistants, Stenographers, Accounts Officer, Private Secretary, Establishment Officer, Section Officer, Assistant Section Officers, Statistical Assistant, Typists etc. Graduation is the minimum eligibility requirement to apply. Learn more about the OSSC 2021 through this post.
OSSC 2021 Status
Candidates can check the OSSC 2021 exam status from the below table:
OSSC 2021 notification
Official Notification is yet to be released
OSSC Important Dates 2021
The dates of the exam and application are soon going to be released for the OSSC 2021 session.. The official statement regarding dates is not out yet, we will update as soon as the dates are released. Check the table given below :
Starting of the Application Date
OSSC Combined Auditors
0SSC CGL Exam
OSSC Excise Constable Exam
OSSC Special Branch Constable Exam
OSSC Assistant Librarian
OSSC PGT Exam
OSSC SI Exam
OSSC JE Exam
OSSC Application Form 2021
The commission is going to release the application form at the official site of OSSC as per the requirement of the post. Thus as per the post preference, candidates have to meet eligibility and apply for OSSC 2021. The requirement of the details as per the post differs so check the notification accordingly. Before filling the application form, candidates have to ready with the following things:
- Valid email id and mobile number
- Domicile Certificate
- Scanned Photo and Scanned Signature
- Educational Qualification
- Bank details for the application fee payment.
How To Apply For The OSSC 2021 Exam?
The process one need to follow for the successful completion of the application form are:
- Visit the official site of OSSC i.e https://www.ossc.gov.in/Public/OSSC/Default.aspx
- Check the exam notification as per the post and vacancy preference.
- Now as per the exam, click on the link of the OSSC application form.
- Enter the details such as Communication address, Personal details, educational details etc.
- Upload the scanned images of the required documents such as signature and photograph. (Note: scanned images must be in the prescribed size and format).
- Application fee can be paid in an online mode through net banking/credit card/debit card.
OSSC Eligibility Criteria 2021
Application Form can be filled only if the candidates fulfill the eligibility criteria. Check the criteria below:
- Must be a citizen of India
- Holds the domicile of Odisha
- Graduation in any stream from the recognised university is the minimum requirement for any post.
- Education qualification differs as per the post.
Candidates must not be less than 18 years
Maximum age limit is 35 years. (Differs as per the post)
OSSC Exam Pattern
The pattern of the exam differs as per the posts. So the students have to check the exam pattern accordingly. Exam patterns helps the candidates in many ways such as:
- Total no. of questions asked in the exam.
- Marking scheme in the scheme
- Value of each question etc
The syllabus requirement as per the post differs. Check the common syllabus of OSSC here
OSSC Prelims Syllabus
- Fundamental Arithmetical Operations
- Average and Profit & loss
- Time, Work, and Distance
- Number Systems
- Ratios and Proportions
- Decimals and Fractions
- Interest and Percentage
- Data interpretation, and more
- Arithmetic reasoning
- Arithmetical Number Series, Non-verbal series
- Coding and decoding
- Statement and Conclusion type questions
- Syllogistic reasoning
- Seating Arrangements
- Comprehension Reasoning
- Venn Diagrams
- Indian constitution
- History: India and Odisha, Indian National Movement, Geography-India and Odisha, about India, about Odisha, cultural heritage
- Economy, General politics
- Science and Technology, etc.
- Indian Languages
- Books and authors
- International and national awards
- Scientific developments
- Symbols and Nations
- Capitals and countries
- Sports and Athletics
- Important events, etc.
Knowledge related to Odisha
- General questions about Odisha state, including economy, history, culture, geography, politics, and heritage, etc.
OSSC Mains Syllabus
Paper I - Language
- Identify the errors
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Sentence completion and Sentence Pattern
- Error Correction (underlined part) and Error Correction (Phrase in Bold)
- Sentence transformation
- Joining Sentences
- Prefix and suffix
- Para completion and Passage Completion
- Active and Passive Voice
- Spotting errors, and more.
Paper II - Tribal or Regional Language
- Questions pertaining to grammar, comprehension, spot the error, translation.
Paper III - General Knowledge
- Computer Knowledge
- General Studies
- General Science
- Mental Ability
- Knowledge related to Odisha state.
OSSC Admit Card 2021
The commission releases the OSSC admit card in an online mode. Candidates who have registered themselves for OSSC 2021, can download the admit card by visiting the official site. OSSC admit card is mandatory for the candidates to carry the exam. Digital form of admit card is not allowed in the examination hall. Hence have the printed form of hall ticket as it contains a lot of information in it such as:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll No.
- Exam Date
- Exam Timing
- Address of the candidate etc
Steps one need to follow in order to have the OSSC admit card are:
- Visit the official website @ https://www.ossc.gov.in
- Look for the OSSC Admit Card section as per the post on the home page.
- Click on the link of OSSC Admit Card 2021
- Enter the details required registration number/username and password.
- OSSC Hall Ticket 2021 will appear on the screen.
- Download the admit card and take the print of it.
OSSC Previous Years Question Paper
The candidates are requested to solve the previous years OSSC papers while doing the preparation. The importance of solving the OSSC previous years paper are:
- Candidates get to know about the types of questions asked in exams..
- Learn the time management concept.
- Efficiency of solving the questions increases as time is limited..
- Know the weightage of the chapters in the exam
OSSC Result 2021
The declaration of the OSSC result will take place in an online mode as per the post. Candidates have to visit the official site of OSSC in order to download the OSSC result. The results state the passing nature of the candidates. One has to follow certain steps in order to view the result.
- Visit the OSSC official website
- Locate the link of OSSC Results 2021
- Enter the details required such as Roll number and D.O.B etc.
- OSSC result will be reflected on the screen in the form of pdf
- Save the result and download and take the print for further reference.
Odisha Staff Selection Commission
Odisha Staff Selection Commission Recruitment