RGIPT Admission 2020 M.Tech interview process will commence from 24 July 2020. RGIPT Admission 2020 which is also known as Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology 2020 provides admission in various Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses on the basis of different eligibility criteria according to course. This exam is conducted annually in computer-based online mode depending on the course to be chosen by the candidate. Candidates have to apply online for RGIPT 2020. The candidates must read the complete article to know all about RGIPT Admission 2020 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Counselling and preparation tips to get admission into the B.Tech courses mentioned above.
RGIPT Admission 2020 Important Dates
Candidate can check here all the important RGIPT 2020 dates for the application form in the given table below:
RGIPT M.Tech & PhD 2020 Dates
|Start date for application||18 March 2020|
|Last date for submission of application|30 Jun 14 July 2020
|Declaration of list of candidates called for interview|28 May 2020 22 July 2020
|Interview Process Starts||24 July 2020|
|Date of written test and interview|11-12 June 2020
|Declaration of candidates offered admission and wait candidates|20 June 2020
|1st round of offer|24 June 2020
|2nd round of offer|30 June 2020
|3rd round of offer|08 July 2020
|Physical Registration||26 July 2020|
|Commencement of classes||27 July 2020|
RGIPT Admission 2020 Application Form
Application form for the RGIPT 2020 Admission is available on the official websites. Interested candidates can check other important details related to the RGIPT Admission 2020 Application Form are:
- RGIPT 2020 Application Form for M.tech and P.hd courses was released on the 18 March 2020.
- Firstly, Candidate have to log in and fill all the mandatory details in the official Registration form, like – Qualification, Personal details etc. as per the requirement.
- Candidate has to upload their Recent Photograph as well as signature while filling the RGIPT Application Form. For the size of type of the image, Applicants may refer to the following table:
RGIPT 2020 Image Specifications
|Candidate Photograph||JPG/JPEG||50 KB|
|Candidate Signature||JPG/JPEG||20 KB|
RGIPT Admission 2020 Application Fee
After filling all the Registration fee successfully, Registered Candidate have to pay the RGIPT 2020 Application Fee which varies according to the course and category of the candidate which varies according to the category as shown below:
RGIPT B.Tech Registration Fee
|Female Candidates (all categories)||Rs.600 + Rs.108 (Taxes)|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs.600 + Rs. 108 (Taxes)|
|All other Candidates||Rs.1200 + Rs. 216 (Taxes)|
RGIPT M.Tech/M.Tech-EIB/MBA Application Fee
|GEN and OBC Candidates||Rs. 400|
|SC, ST, PwD & Women Applicants||Rs. 200|
For PhD: RGIPT Does not charge any Application Fee for PhD candidates.
Mode of Payment
- Online Mode: Fee Payment for the online mode can either be done via Debit/Credit card of any bank.
- Offline Mode: Candidate can pay the registration fee through bank challan will only applicable from SBI account.
RGIPT Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The details about RGIPT B.Tech Admission eligibility criteria 2020 is mentioned hereby:
- RGIPT Admission will entirely depend on the JEE Advanced 2020 Rank List.
- Candidates should have a score of at least 60% marks (55% in case of SC/ST/PwD) in class 12th or equivalent.
- Preparatory rank will not be considered as RGIPT does not offer preparatory courses.
- Candidates having colour blindness will not be eligible for B. Tech. in Petroleum Engineering, but they can apply for Chemical Engineering course.
- Petroleum Engineering: Candidate must have completed Four-year B.Tech./B.E. degree in Petroleum Engineering with a first-class or at least 60% marks or 6.0 CPI (55% marks or 5.5 CPI for SC/ST students) in the qualifying exam and a qualified GATE score.
- Chemical Engineering: Candidate must have completed Four-year B.Tech./B.E. degree in Chemical or Petrochemical Engineering with a first-class or at least 60% marks or 6.0 CPI (55% marks or 5.5 CPI for SC/ST students) in the qualifying exam and a qualified GATE Score.
Qualified candidates will be called for a written test and interview. Final selection will be made based on the overall performance of the written test, interview, GATE score and previous academic performances together.
- Applicant must have at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/PH) in Class 10 and Class 12.
- Interested Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree recognized by the AICTE/UGC/institute/University incorporated by Act of Parliament/State legislature, with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/PH).
- Candidates who will meet all the above eligibility criteria and have appeared at latest Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by IIMs, Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)/CMAT (conducted by AICTE)/GMAT are also eligible to apply.
- Candidate must have secured First class or 60% marks or Candidate from the reserved category such as SC/ST/PwD must have 55% marks CGPA or CPI of 6.0 in Master’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology (M.E./M.Tech.) or equivalent and qualified score of GATE Exam.
- First-class or 60% marks or Candidate from the reserved category such as SC/ST/PwD must have 55% marks/CGPA or CPI of 6.0 Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology and qualified GATE score.
- First-class or 60% marks and reserved category applicants must have 55% marks/CGPA or CPI of 6.0 in Master’s degree in relevant discipline and qualified score of GATE/CSIR/UGC/NBHM/DBT/GPAT/Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship/Maulana Azad National Fellowship/DST Inspire Award or any similar Fellowship.
RGIPT Admission 2020 Merit list
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) will release the list of shortlisted candidates for RGIPT Admission 2020. A direct link to check the merit list will be made available on the RGIPT official website after the release of its notification for same. After that, all the selected candidates are required to pay the remaining Admission Fee book their seat. If a candidate fails to book their seat can auto-withdrawal from the admission process.
RGIPT Admission 2020 Selection Procedure
Below in given selection process for M.tech & PhD for RGIPT admission:
For Full-time Regular Category: Shortlisting of candidates is done based on the GATE scores and then selection can be made on the basis of any of the following
- Valid and Qualified GATE score
- Written test and interview
- A combination of these
Non-GATE candidates can get admission to M.Tech in RGIPT Bengaluru PG Centre on the basis of qualification in written test and interview.
For other categories: The candidates do not need to appear for the written test.
Documents needed at the time of Interview
Selected Candidate will have to appear for Interview. For the Interview process, Candidate has to bring following documents for Interview:
- Letter of Acceptance
- Qualifying Exam Admit Card, self-attested copy with original
- Class 10th & 12th Mark Sheets and Certificates, self-attested copies with original
- Original Transfer Certificate OR Migration Certificate
- Aadhaar Card, self-attested copy with original
- Valid cast certificates as per the central list for SC/ST/OBC category copies with original
- In respect of OBC category, bring a Non-Creamy Layer certificate and a self-declaration (to be signed by the candidate) Form
- Valid certificates for physically handicapped category copies with original
- Valid certificates for Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs), copy with original
- Five passport size latest colour photos (one fixed on the application form during registration)
- Online payment receipts/NEFT/RTGS receipt of all transactions
- Anti-Ragging cum Undertaking Form
- Medical Certificate (to be issued by a registered medical practitioner)
RGIPT Ph.D. Admission 2020 Departments & Allied Disciplines
Candidates can check various Ph.D department along with allied disciplines below.
Department of Petroleum Engineering and Geosciences
|Chemical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
|Electrical Engineering||Computer Science|
Department of Chemical Engineering & Engineering Sciences
|Computer Science and Engineering||Electronics|
|Electrical Engineering||Civil Engineering|
|Geo-informatics Engineering||Petroleum Engineering|
|Material Science and Engineering||---------|
Department of Basic Sciences & Humanities
|Environmental Science||Chemical Engineering|
|Mechanical Engineering||Petroleum Engineering|
|Renewable Energy||Polymer Science|
Department of Management Studies: Any branch of Science, Engineering and Social Science.
RGIPT Bengaluru PG Centre
|Chemical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||Chemistry|
|Material Science and Engineering||Physics|
RGIPT ADMISSION 2020 Highlights
The candidates can cehck the RGIPT 2020 summary in the table below:
Name of the exam
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Admission
Exam conducting body
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology University
Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses
RGIPT 2020 Official website
Admission into various courses offered by Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology University