RGIPT Admission 2023 for B.Tech will commence tentatively in the month of October by Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology. It provides admission in various Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses based on different eligibility criteria according to course. This exam is conducted annually in computer-based online mode depending on the course to be chosen by the candidate. The candidates must read the complete article to know all about RGIPT Admission 2023 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Counselling and preparation tips to get admission into the B.Tech courses mentioned above.
RGIPT Admission 2023 Status
|Admission Notification||Yet to release|
|Application form ||Yet to start|
|Information brochure||Not Available|
RGIPT Admission 2023 Dates
The following dates are tentative as of yet as it is based on last year's schedule. Candidate can check here all the important RGIPT 2023 dates for the application form in the given table below:
RGIPT B.Tech 2023 Dates
|The start date for application||October 2023|
|Last date for submission of application||November 2023|
|Declaration of the list of candidates called for interview||November 2023|
|Last date for acceptance of Registration Fee B.Tech||December 2023|
|Declaration of the first round of selected candidates||December 2023|
|Declaration of the third round of selected candidates who paid registration fees||December 2023|
M.Tech & PhD Admission 2023 Schedule
|Opening of admission portal for online submission of application form||09 April 2023 |
|Last date of submission of the application fee||15 July 2023|
|Last date for notification of shortlisted candidates to be called for interview on the admission portal||July 17, 2023 |
|Date of Written Test and/or Interview||21 to 23 July 2023|
|Announcement of list of candidates offered admission including wait candidates on Institute website||24 July 2023|
|Last date for submission of the registration fee (1st round)||28 July 2023|
|Second round of offer||29 July 2023|
|Last date for submission of registration fee (2nd round)||30 July 2023|
|Third round of offer||03 August 2023|
|Last date for submission of registration fee (3rd round)||04 August 2023|
|Date of physical registration in Department concerned||01 August 2023|
RGIPT MBA 2023 Dates
|The start date for Online Submission of Application||January 2023 |
|Last Date for Online Submission of Application|
14 March 2023
|Display of Shortlisted Candidates on Website for Personal Interview (PI)||18 March 2023 |
|Personal Interview (Online)||20-22 March 2023|
|Declaration of Result||24 March 2023|
|Last Date for Fee Submission||09 April 2023 |
RGIPT Admission 2023 Application Form
The application form for the RGIPT 2023 Admission will be available on the official websites soon. Interested candidates can check other important details related to the RGIPT Admission 2023 Application Form are:
- Firstly, the Candidate has to log in and fill all the mandatory details in the official Registration form, like – Qualification, Personal details etc. as per the requirement.
- Candidate has to upload their Recent Photograph as well as signature while filling the RGIPT Application Form. For the size of type of the image, Applicants may refer to the following table:
RGIPT 2023 Image Specifications
|Candidate Photograph||JPG/JPEG||50 KB|
|Candidate Signature||JPG/JPEG||20 KB|
RGIPT Admission 2023 Application Fee
After filling all the Registration fee successfully, Registered Candidate has to pay the RGIPT 2023 Application Fee which varies according to the course and category of the candidate which varies according to the category as shown below:
RGIPT B.Tech Registration Fee
|Female Candidates (all categories)||Rs.600 + Rs.108 (Taxes)|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs.600 + Rs. 108 (Taxes)|
|All other Candidates||Rs.1200 + Rs. 216 (Taxes)|
RGIPT M.Tech/M.Tech-EIB/MBA Application Fee
|GEN and OBC Candidates||Rs. 400|
|SC, ST, PwD & Women Applicants||Rs. 200|
For PhD: RGIPT Does not charge any Application Fee for PhD candidates.
Mode of Payment
- Online Mode: Fee Payment for the online mode can either be done via Debit/Credit card of any bank.
- Offline Mode: Candidate can pay the registration fee through bank challan will only applicable from SBI account.
RGIPT Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The details about RGIPT B.Tech Admission eligibility criteria 2023 is mentioned hereby:
- RGIPT Admission will entirely depend on the JEE Advanced 2023 Rank List.
- Candidates should have a score of at least 60% marks (55% in case of SC/ST/PwD) in class 12th or equivalent.
- Preparatory rank will not be considered as RGIPT does not offer preparatory courses.
- Candidates having colour blindness will not be eligible for B. Tech. in Petroleum Engineering, but they can apply for Chemical Engineering course.
- Petroleum Engineering: Candidate must have completed a Four-year B.Tech./B.E. degree in Petroleum Engineering with a first-class or at least 60% marks or 6.0 CPI (55% marks or 5.5 CPI for SC/ST students) in the qualifying exam and a qualified GATE score.
- Chemical Engineering: Candidate must have completed a Four-year B.Tech./B.E. degree in Chemical or Petrochemical Engineering with a first-class or at least 60% marks or 6.0 CPI (55% marks or 5.5 CPI for SC/ST students) in the qualifying exam and a qualified GATE Score.
Qualified candidates will be called for a written test and interview. Final selection will be made based on the overall performance of the written test, interview, GATE score and previous academic performances together.
- Applicant must have at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/PH) in Class 10 and Class 12.
- Interested Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree recognized by the AICTE/UGC/institute/University incorporated by Act of Parliament/State legislature, with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/PH).
- Candidates who will meet all the above eligibility criteria and have appeared at latest Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by IIMs, Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)/CMAT (conducted by AICTE)/GMAT are also eligible to apply.
- Candidate must have secured First class or 60% marks or Candidate from the reserved category such as SC/ST/PwD must have 55% marks CGPA or CPI of 6.0 in Master’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology (M.E./M.Tech.) or equivalent and qualified score of GATE Exam.
- First-class or 60% marks or Candidate from the reserved category such as SC/ST/PwD must have 55% marks/CGPA or CPI of 6.0 Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology and qualified GATE score.
- First-class or 60% marks and reserved category applicants must have 55% marks/CGPA or CPI of 6.0 in Master’s degree in a relevant discipline and qualified score of GATE/CSIR/UGC/NBHM/DBT/GPAT/Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship/Maulana Azad National Fellowship/DST Inspire Award or any similar Fellowship.
RGIPT Admission 2023 Merit list
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) will release the list of shortlisted candidates for RGIPT Admission 2023. A direct link to check the merit list will be made available on the RGIPT official website after the release of its notification for the same. After that, all the selected candidates are required to pay the remaining Admission Fee book their seats. If a candidate fails to book their seat can auto-withdrawal from the admission process.
RGIPT Admission 2023 Selection Procedure
Below is given selection process for M.tech & PhD for RGIPT admission:
For Full-time Regular Category: Shortlisting of candidates is done based on the GATE scores and then selection can be made based on any of the following
- Valid and Qualified GATE score
- Written test and interview
- A combination of these
Non-GATE candidates can get admission to M.Tech in RGIPT Bengaluru PG Centre based on qualification in written test and interviews.
For other categories: The candidates do not need to appear for the written test.
Documents needed at the time of Interview
Selected candidates will have to appear for an Interview. For the Interview process, the candidate has to bring the following documents for the Interview:
- Letter of Acceptance
- Qualifying Exam Admit Card, self-attested copy with original
- Class 10th & 12th Mark Sheets and Certificates, self-attested copies with original
- Original Transfer Certificate OR Migration Certificate
- Aadhaar Card, self-attested copy with original
- Valid cast certificates as per the central list for SC/ST/OBC category copies with original
- In respect of OBC category, bring a Non-Creamy Layer certificate and a self-declaration (to be signed by the candidate) Form
- Valid certificates for physically handicapped category copies with original
- Valid certificates for Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs), copy with original
- Five passport size latest colour photos (one fixed on the application form during registration)
- Online payment receipts/NEFT/RTGS receipt of all transactions
- Anti-Ragging cum Undertaking Form
- Medical Certificate (to be issued by a registered medical practitioner)
RGIPT PhD. Admission 2023 Departments & Allied Disciplines
Candidates can check various PhD departments along with allied disciplines below.
Department of Petroleum Engineering and Geosciences
|Chemical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
|Electrical Engineering||Computer Science|
Department of Chemical Engineering & Engineering Sciences
|Computer Science and Engineering||Electronics|
|Electrical Engineering||Civil Engineering|
|Geo-informatics Engineering||Petroleum Engineering|
|Material Science and Engineering||---------|
Department of Basic Sciences & Humanities
|Environmental Science||Chemical Engineering|
|Mechanical Engineering||Petroleum Engineering|
|Renewable Energy||Polymer Science|
Department of Management Studies: Any branch of Science, Engineering and Social Science.
RGIPT Bengaluru PG Centre
|Chemical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||Chemistry|
|Material Science and Engineering||Physics|
RGIPT Admission 2023 Highlights
The candidates can check the RGIPT 2023 summary in the table below:
Name of the exam
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Admission 2023
Exam conducting body
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology University
Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses
RGIPT 2023 Official website
Admission into various courses offered by Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology University
rgipt assam rgipt sivasagar rgipt cse cutoff rgipt recruitment rgipt average package rgipt academic rgipt cs rgipt placement