SIMC MA (MC) Online Entrance Test is over. Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Master of Arts Mass Communication was conducted on 30 January 2023. The test is conducted annually at the University Level by Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication (SIMC), Pune. SIMC provides admission in Postgraduation level in the Mass Communication with the following specialization which includes Journalism and Audio Visual. The entrance exam takes place in two phases - Phase 1 (includes the entrance test) and Phase 2 (includes a Panel Interview and Written Ability Test). The applicants can go through the complete article to know about the SIMC MA(MC) 2023 Application Form, Eligibility, etc.
SIMC MA(MC) 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check the essential details of SIMC MA(MC) 2023 from below mentioned table:
|Exam Status||Result OUT|
- SIMC MA(MC) 2023 Phase-1 Result has been announced on 09 February 2023. Candidates can check the Result ---- SIMC MA(MC) 2023 Result.
SIMC MA (MC) 2023 Important Dates
The following are important dates for SIMC MA (MC):
SIMC MA (MC) Online Entrance Test
|Important Dates for Admission Cycle - MA(MC) Programme - Batch 2023-25|
|MA (MC) Phase I|
|MA(MC) Programme Online Registration Starts||Saturday, October 22, 2022|
|MA(MC) Programme Registration Closes||Monday, January 16, 2023|
|MA(MC) Last Date of Payment||Monday, January 16, 2023|
|Admit card release date||Friday, January 20, 2023|
|SIMC MA(MC) Online Entrance Test (Home proctored)||Sunday, January 29, 2023|
|SIMC MA(MC) Test Result||Tuesday, February 7, 2023|
|MA (MC) Phase II|
|Shortlist of Candidates for GE-PIWAT||Tuesday, February 14, 2023|
|SIMC Group Exercise - Personal Interaction and Written Ability Test (GE-PIWAT)||WAT - Thursday, Feb 23, 2023|
GE-PI - Sat-Sun Feb 25, 26 2023
|Announcement of First Merit List||Monday, March 13, 2023|
|Last Date of Fee Payment of First Merit List (1st installment)||Monday, March 27, 2023|
|DISCLAIMER: These dates are subject to change. Changes if any will be updated here.|
The aspirants will have to appear in all the processes on the above-mentioned dates to get admission.
SIMC MA (MC) 2023 Result
Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication has been declared the SIMC MA (MC) 2023 result for phase 1 on February 2023. After that candidates can view their SIMC 2023 result.
- Candidates can view their SIMC MA (MC) 2023 result through online mode.
- SIUPG Result will be issued by the conducting authority on the official website.
- Candidates can download the result by using their login credentials.
Reserved Seats For SIMC MA (MC) 2023
The Intake capacity of MA(MC) programme is given below:
Master of Arts (Mass Communication): 60 seats
- Journalism: 30 Seats
- Audio Visual: 30 Seats
Reservation Criteria for 2023-22 session will be updated soon here only till then candidates can check the reservation as per last year is given below:
1) Within the Sanctioned Intake:
- Scheduled Caste (SC) - 15%
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) - 7.5%
- Differently Abled - 3%
2) Over and above the Sanctioned Intake:
- Kashmiri Migrants - 2 seats
- International Students - 15%
SIMC MA (MC) 2023 Application Form
The SIMC MA (MC) 2023 Application Form will be released on October 2021 on the official website. SIMC MA(MC) application form 2023
has been released online.Candidates can check the information about SIMC MA (MC) 2023 registration in the below points:
- The Application Form was available on the official website of the University.
- The candidates filled in the following details in the Application form Programme and Personal Details (name, gender, date of birth, category), Family Details, Educational Details, Experience Details.
- Lastly, candidates have to submit the fee to complete the registration process.
- After the above process candidates will get an e-mail containing their SIUPGF20 ID and Password. Use this SIUPGF20 ID for all future correspondence with Symbiosis International (Deemed University).
SIMC MA (MC) 2023 Application Fee
The candidates can check the Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Master of Arts Mass Communication Entrance Exam application fee details below:
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the registration amount by online mode (i.e. Net Banking / Credit card/Debit card). After receiving the payment, the institute will send a mail for the confirmation of fee payment for SIMC MA(MC) application fee 2023.
- For completing the form submission process candidate have to pay SIMC MA(MC) OET Application fee of Rs. 1250/-.
- The Application fee will not be refunded once it has been submitted.
SIMC MA (MC) 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the following SIMC MA(MC) 2023 eligibility criteria. Candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria for SIUPG 2023 exam before applying for the application form.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% marks or equivalent grade for SC/ST) in graduation from any recognized Board/University.
- AICTE/UGC should affiliate the university. Also, it should be registered under AIU (Association of Indian Universities).
- Candidates in final year examinations can also apply.
- A candidate who has completed qualifying qualification from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from AIU.
NOTE: Degree through correspondence except IGNOU is not allowed for this registration.
For International Candidates
The applicants will have to be qualified for appearing in the entrance exam of SIMC MA(MC) 2023.
- A candidate can apply as a Foreign National (FN) if he/she holds a foreign passport.
- A candidate is eligible to apply as a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) if he/she has a PIO card, and is a citizen of any foreign country.
- A candidate is eligible to apply for a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) if he/she has appeared either for the 10+2 (equivalent to the Indian 10+2) examination or graduated from outside India.
- The candidate must have given any of the two exams outside India.
SIMC MA (MC) 2023 Admit Card
The SIMC MA (MC) 2023 Admit Card will be released on January 2023 for downloading. Check the details given below about SIMC Master in Arts (MC) hall ticket 2023:
- After the generation of the Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Admission 2023 Hall Ticket, all the eligible candidates can download it from the official website (www.simc.edu).
- Candidates have to enter their “SIMC MA(MC) or SIUPGF20 ID” & “Password” given at the time of registration to download the admit card.
- If any detail regarding the candidate is not valid in admit card, they have to contact the university as soon as possible.
- All the candidates are advised to download their Admission Ticket from the website and take the print out of the same for exam purpose.
Phase II of SIMC MA (MC) 2023 Details
The shortlisted candidates have to complete this phase to take admission to the Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Master in Arts (Mass Communication). The candidates can check the details herein for the same:
- Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Written Ability Test will be the three processes to be conducted in this phase.
- Group Exercise will include activities to assess aspirants in areas like innovation and creativity in problem-solving, team skills, time management etc.
- Personal Interaction round- to check interpersonal skills, communication skills, academic proficiency. course fitment, etc.
- Written Ability Test will include questions to assess the creative analytical skills of the aspirants.
SIMC MA (MC) 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates should be aware of the SIMC MA (MC) 2023 Exam Pattern before preparing for the online entrance test to score better marks. The complete format of SIMC MA(MC) Online Entrance Test 2023 is mentioned below:
SIMC MA (MC) 2023 Question Pattern
|Exam Mode||Online (CBT)|
|Duration||120 minutes (Two hours)|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type (MCQs)|
|Total Marks||150 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||There is no negative marking incorrect answer.|
Check the section-wise distribution of marks given below in a table:
SIMC MA (MC) section-wise distribution
|1||General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||40|
|2||Media & Culture||40|
|3||Current affairs and Contemporary issues||40|
|4||Analytical & Logical Reasoning||30|
SIMC MA (MC) 2023 Syllabus
The SIMC MA (MC) Entrance Test 2023 Syllabus comprises the following topics. Candidates should prepare accordingly for the test.
- General Awareness of Public Debates: Polity, Economy, International Relations & Developments
- History and Development of Entertainment Industry (Bollywood & Hollywood)
- Mass Media and Social Media History
- Understanding of Socio-Economic and Socio-Political aspects of Media
- The general orientation of Advertising & Public Relations sectors
- Recent Development in Media Industry
- Aptitude & Language capability
- Analytical & comprehension skills
SIMC MA (MC) 2023 Highlights
The highlights for SIMC MA (MC) 2023 are as follows :
|Name of Exam||Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Master in Arts (Mass Communication)|
|Conducting Authority||Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication|
|Exam Mode||Computer-based test (CBT)|
|Exam Purpose||For the admission in Postgraduation level in the Mass Communication with the following specialization which includes Journalism and Audio Visual.|
About Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication (SIMC)
SIMC (Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication
) is one of the best media and Mass Communication Colleges in Pune, India. SIMC PG, Pune is ranked among the top Media and Communication colleges in the country offering courses in MBA in Communication Management and MA Mass Communication (MA MC). SIMC
offers four specializations under the MBA Communication Management program:
- Brand Communication
- Public Relations
- Marketing and Media Analytics
- Media Management
Masters in Mass Communication (MA MC) offers two specializations: