SIMC MA(MC) 2020 Exam Pattern has been released by the Symbiosis Institute, Pune. The Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Master of Arts Mass Communication Online entrance exam is to be held on 19 January 2020. The candidates must know the exam pattern beforehand to score good marks in the exam. Those who will qualify this exam will get admitted into Postgraduation in the Mass Communication which includes Journalism and Audio Visual. The applicants who want to apply for this exam can go through the exam pattern below.
- SIMC MA(MC) 2020 will be held in Online mode.
SIMC MA(MC) 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must have all the relevant information related to the Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication entrance exam 2020 paper pattern so that they are well aware of the structure of the question paper. This will help them to fetch good marks and hence qualify the Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Master of Arts Mass Communication entrance exam. The exam will be conducted in two phases- Phase 1 (includes the entrance test) and Phase 2 (includes a Panel Interview and Written Ability Test).
SIMC MA(MC) 2020 Entrance Exam Details
The applicants can go through the below points to know complete details about the Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication entrance exam pattern:
- The medium of Exam- Symbiosis Institute will conduct the entrance exam in English medium only.
- Exam Mode- The entrance exam will be conducted online in Computer Based Mode.
- Duration of Exam- The entrance test will be of 120 Minutes i.e 2 Hours.
- Type of Question- There will be Multiple Choice Questions having four options in answers.
- Number of Questions- The question paper will have a total of 150 MCQs.
- Marks Allotment- The question paper will be of 150 marks. Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark and there will no negative marking for the wrong answer.
- Section-wise division of Questions - The question paper will be divided into four sections viz,
- General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability - 40 questions
- Media & Culture - 40 questions
- Current affairs and Contemporary issues - 40 questions
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning - 30 questions
SIMC MA(MC) 2020 Panel Interview and Written Ability Test
After qualifying the SIMC MA(MC) 2020 online entrance test
the 2nd Phase involves appearing for GE-PIWAT. To take admission in Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Master of Arts Mass Communication Programme it is mandatory to complete this phase exam. The candidates can check the details for the same below:
- The process of GE-PIWAT will have three components. Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Written Ability Test.
- Group Exercise will include activities to asses aspirants in areas like innovation and creativity in problem-solving, team skills, time management etc.
- Personal Interaction round will be to assess candidates on parameters such as communication skills, interpersonal skills, academic proficiency, course fitment etc.
- Written Ability Test will include questions to assess the creative analytical skills of the aspirant.