TANCET 2020 Result has been declared on 12 March 2020. Candidates will be able to download their TANCET 2020 marksheet till 23 May 2020. TANCET exam is conducted by Anna University, Chennai on the behalf of Government of Tamil Nadu to offer admission in MBA, MCA and M.E./ MTech /M. Arch /M.Plan Programmes offered by colleges affiliated with Anna University. Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test is a State-level Exam held once in a year. GATE qualified candidates are not required to appear for TANCET in admission to ME/M.Tech programs. They can apply directly to the participating colleges at the time of counselling. Candidates must read the below-given article to know more about TANCET 2020.
- TANCET 2020 Marks Sheet has been released on the 23 March 2020.
- TANCET 2020 Marks Sheet will be available up to 23 May 2020.
- Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test i.e. TANCET result date was 12 March 2020.
TANCET 2020 Cut-Off
- TANCET 2020 cutoff is the minimum marks needed to get admission in various colleges/institute/university of Tamil Nadu.
- TANCET 2020 Result is available from 12 March 2020 for all the courses.
- The TANCET 2020 marks sheet is available from 23 March 2020.
- Candidates who will score equal to or more than the cutoff marks will be given preference and they will be eligible for the TANCET 2020 Counselling.
The Cut-off list in given in the table below:
TANCET 2020 Cut-off List
|CATEGORY||EXPECTED TANCET MBA CUT OFF|
TANCET 2020 Result
- TANCET Scorecard must be downloaded within ten days post declaration of the result.
- Anna University releases three separate TANCET Rank List viz.GATE Category Rank List, TANCET Category and Sponsored Category.
- The candidate is advised to take the printout of the TANCET Result for further process.
How to Check TANCET Result?
Aspirants must go through the steps given below to download the result:
- Visit the official website.
- Then Click on ‘TANCET 2020 Result’
- Login option will automatically display on the computer screen.
- Enter the e-mail ID and password
- Click on the login tab
TANCET 2020 Counseling
TANCET 2020 Counselling
will start as soon as the results are announced. Candidates are requested to bring the below mentioned set of documents when they appear for the TANCET Counselling at Anna University, Chennai failing to which their candidature might get cancelled:
Valid Government ID Proof that candidates have to show while TANCET counselling.
- Admit Card
- 10th standard mark sheet
- 12th standard mark sheet
- Character Certificate
- Community Certificate (SC/ST/OBC)
Candidates must have acquired minimum eligible marks category-wise to be a part of the TANCET counselling process for getting admission:
TANCET counselling eligibility
Minimum Eligible Marks
BC/BCM/MBC & DNC/SC/SCA/ST Candidates of Tamil Nadu
TANCET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download TANCET 2020 Admit Card from the official website which had been released on 13 February 2020 and it will contain the following information:
- Name of Candidate
- Registration Number of the Candidate
- Photograph of the Candidate
- Examination Center
Candidates are requested to follow the following guidelines.
On the day of TANCET exam, candidates have to carry their Hall Ticket along with Photo Identity proof to the Test Centre. An acceptable photo identity proof from the following:
- Driving license
- Voter ID Card
- Pan Card
- Aadhar Card (UID)
- In case Admit Card/Hall Ticket is found with incorrect details will lead to debarring of the applicant from appearing for the entrance exam.
TANCET 2020 Application Form
Candidates who wish to get admitted to Tamil Nadu colleges or institutions should fill up the TANCET Application Form through online mode only.
- TANCET 2020 Application was available from 31 January 2020 to 04 February 2020
- Candidate must read all the details related to the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test before applying. Moreover, the application process for the Programmes is the same.
- While filling the TANCET application form, care must be taken to provide correct details and also upload a recent photograph of good quality as prescribed by the authority.
- After filling the registration form and finally submitting the information, the candidate will be asked to submit the application fee for form submission.
- The Fee was paid only through online mode.
- The candidate is advised to take a printout of the registration form for the admission process.
Document Required to fill TANCET 2020 Application Form
- A unique email-ID and mobile number of the applicant, which will be used for further communication.
- 10th (S.S.L.C) Registration Number and Year of Passing.
- 10+2 (Higher Secondary) Registration Number and Year of Passing.
- A passport photo of good quality in jpg or png format. The photograph must have a full face, front view, with eyes open. The head should be at the centre.
- The photograph must be in colour and of the size minimum of 2-inch x 2 inches (51 mm x 51 mm).
- Copy of community certificate in pdf format for those who come under SC/ST/SCA categories).
TANCET 2020 Application Fee
The details of the TANCET 2020 application fee that is required to be paid for successful submission of application form is mentioned below:
Registration fee for TANCET 2020
|Course||Application Fee (Rs.)|
|General Candidates||ST/ SC/ SCA of Tamil Nadu state|
|M.B.A. & M.C.A.||1200/-||600/-|
|M.C.A. & M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan||1200/-||600/-|
|M.B.A. ,M.C.A. & M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan||1800/-||900/-|
|M.B.A. & M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan||1200/-||600/-|
Note: The preceding fee is for applying for one programme solely.
Mode of Payment:
Candidates can use any one of the payment method, i.e., credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
TANCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for TANCET 2020 candidate must satisfy the below-given eligibility.
- Applicants who have passed or are in their final year of Graduation can also apply.
- Candidate must have a Masters degree in any discipline of science is additionally accepted.
- The aspirant who has passed his 10+2 or possesses a 10+3 years credential certificate from the State Board of Technical Education are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates with a valid GATE score with qualifying marks in relevant discipline of Engineering/ Technology, need not have to appear for TANCET 2020.
- Applicant, who have a valid GATE score with qualifying marks in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL), have to appear for TANCET 2020.
An applicant must have passed in Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration and has obtained a minimum of 50 % (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination.
(a) 10+2+3/4/5 years pattern
(b) 10+3 years Diploma +3 years pattern
(d) (i) 10+2+AMIE
(ii) 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE.
A candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration with mathematics at 10+2 level or Graduate level and obtained a minimum of 50 % (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination.
(a) 10+2+3/4/5 years Pattern
(b) 10+3 years Diploma + 3 years Pattern
(c) (i) 10+2+AMIE
(ii) 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE
For M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch./M.Plan
A candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant field and obtained a minimum of 50 % (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination.
(iii) Candidate must have a Master’s Degree in the relevant branch of Science / Arts, which are prescribed.
b. (i) 10+2+AMIE
(ii) 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE.
- Applicant who has a valid GATE 2018, GATE 2019 and GATE 2020 score with qualifying marks are exempted from the TANCET 2020 and aspirant who have a valid GATE 2018, GATE 2019 and GATE 2020 score with qualifying marks in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) papers has to appear for TANCET 2020.
- The applicant with Section ‘A’ & ‘B’ certificates (A.M.I.E.) and other similar certificates/documents of professional bodies viz. Aeronautical Society of India etc., recognised by the Ministry of Human Resource Development(HRD), Govt. of India and enrolled before 31.5.2013 are considered to be equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Degree holders, only with 2 years regular full-time experience in the relevant field after successful completion of the course including project work.
- An experience certificate has to be produced by the applicant.
Who Can Not Apply for TANCET 2020?
The conducting body has specified that candidates from the following categories are not eligible for TANCET 2020.
- Candidates with Lateral Entry in degree courses can not apply except for B.E. / B.Tech and MCA degree courses.
- Candidate with B.E. / B.Tech degree from distance/weekend mode programme is not eligible.
- Candidates who have a degree without studying Class 10th, 12th or 3 years Diploma and 3/4/5 years degree programme are not eligible to apply for TANCET.
The passing percentage is determined based on the applicant's category.
Name of the category
- Candidates from the opposite states excluding Tamil Nadu can also apply for the TANCET 2020. However, the eligibility will be determined by the respective authorities/board.
TANCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidate must know the TANCET 2020 Exam Pattern before starting the preparation for the entrance exam. Given the following details:
Exam Pattern for TANCET 2020
Mode of Examination
Offline (Pen & Paper)
Duration of Examination
120 minutes (2 hours)
No. of Questions asked
MBA/MCA - 100
Type of Questions
MCQ (Multiple Choice Question)
+1 for Correct answer and -1/3 for Incorrect
Medium of examination
MBA (100 questions); MCA (100 questions)
For M.E./M. Tech/M. Plan/M. Arch
20 (Total questions)
35 (Total questions)
60 (Total questions)
TANCET 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can check the course wise TANCET syllabus from the points given below.
TANCET Syllabus for MBA Programme
- Questions asked in an MBA paper are from numerous topics which check the candidate’s ability and skills.
- Identify crucial knowledge and apply the information to a business call from given business things.
- Evaluate the candidate’s ability in respondent queries supported the passages in English comprehension.
- Evaluate the candidate’s ability in determinative knowledge potency queries victimization the given knowledge and arithmetic queries.
- Also, it will test the candidate’s knowledge in English with questions asked on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation, etc.
TANCET Syllabus for MCA Programme
The questions in the paper will be asked from various Topics/Subjects:
- Analytic Reasoning
- Quantitative Ability
- Computer Awareness
- Logical Reasoning
- verbal activity,
- basic science etc.
TANCET syllabus for M.E./M.Arch./Plan/M.Tech
Section 1 will consist of topics in Engineering Mathematics. The Questions will be based on:
- Calculus and Differential Equations
- Numerical Methods
- Vector Calculus
- Determinants and Matrices
- Applied Probability.
Section 2 will consist of topics based on Basic Engineering and Sciences.
Section 3 will consist of various topics from various specialized subjects.
TANCET 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates appearing for TANCET 2020 must get themselves prepared for the fast-approaching examination and look for the TANCET 2020 Preparation tips given below.
- Candidates must start taking mock tests and also note down their strong topics and weak ones.
- Once done with the syllabus completion, they can focus on their weak topics and start preparing for it.
- Approaching the lecturers and teaching faculty to clear the doubts will land the candidate in an advantageous position.
- Moreover, applicants must understand the exam pattern and get hold of every topic they wish to attempt.
- As the exams are just a few months away, reading is also important.
- Candidate must make the habit of reading solved questions and answer and also understand how numerals are to be solved.
- Also, solve it using the techniques learned and reach the correct answer.
- Aspirant must remember that solving Mock tests in the last few weeks of the exam is not going to benefit much. It won’t give a boost required to crack TANCET 2020.
- Try to focus more on reading previous years solved papers and revise what has already been done instead of getting up for new topics.
- Candidates are advised not to take the stress and just stay calm.
TANCET 2020 Exam Centre
TANCET 2020 will be conducted in various cities of Tamil Nadu. Tentative list of all the examination centre for the exam are given below:
Stay connected for more updates regarding TANCET 2020
Top Colleges Accepting TANCET 2020 Score
Given below are the list of to colleges for MBA, MCA and M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Planning:
TANCET Top Colleges
|For MBA||For MCA||For Engineering and Technology|
|Anna University, Chennai||S Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College, Taluk||SRM University, Chennai|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||M.S. College of Engineering, Avadi||Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai|
|Thiagarajar School of Management, Thirupparankundram||Madha Engineering College, Kancheepuram||PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore|
|Sona School of Management, Salem||PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore||SSN College of Engineering, Kalavakkam|
|Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Erode||Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai||Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore|
|MOP Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai||Sree Narayana Guru College, Coimbatore||RMK Engineering College, Tiruvallur|
|Builders Engineering College, Tirupur||Kumaraguru College of Technology, Saravanampatty||Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi|
TANCET 2020 Highlights
Given below the major points of TANCET 2020.
Anna University, Chennai
MBA, M.Tech, MCA, M.Arch, M.Plan, M.E, etc.
TANCET 2020 Official website
Offline (pen-paper based)
To offer admission into various PG courses like MBA, M.Tech, MCA, M.Arch, M.Plan, M.E, etc.
Stay connected for more updates about TANCET 2020 at Anna University, Chennai.
Anna University, Chennai
Anna University was established on 4th September 1978 as a unitary type of University. This University was named after Late Dr.C.N.Annadurai, former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu. It offers higher education in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Applied Sciences relevant to the current and projected needs of the society. Besides promoting research and disseminating knowledge gained therefrom, it fosters cooperation between the academic and industrial communities. The University was formed by bringing together and integrating four well known technical institutions in the city of Madras (now Chennai) namely:
- College of Engineering (CEG) (Established in 1794)
- Alagappa College of Technology (ACT) (Established in 1944)
- Madras Institute of Technology (MIT) (Established in 1949)
- School of Architecture & Planning (SAP) (Established in 1957)