TANCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria is set by the conducting authority- Anna University. Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test is a State Level Exam held once a year. Anna University offers admission in various Post Graduate courses. GATE qualified candidates are not required to appear for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test or TANCET for admission to ME/M.Tech programs. They can apply directly to the participating colleges at the time of counselling. Candidates must read the below-given article to know more about TANCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria.
TANCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for the TANCET examination must ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. If candidates found ineligible at any time, their candidature will be cancelled by Anna University. Must go through the given below details of TANCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants who have passed or are in their final year of Graduation can also apply.
- The candidate must have a Masters degree in any discipline of science is additionally accepted.
- The aspirant who has passed his 10+2 or possesses a 10+3 years credential certificate from the State Board of Technical Education are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates with a valid GATE score with qualifying marks in the relevant discipline of Engineering/ Technology, need not have to appear for TANCET 2020.
- Applicant, who have a valid GATE score with qualifying marks in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL), have to appear for TANCET 2020.
Given below the course wise education qualification:
An applicant must have passed in Bachelor’s degree of a minimum of 3 years duration and has obtained a minimum of 50 % (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to the reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination.
(a) 10+2+3/4/5 years pattern
(b) 10+3 years Diploma +3 years pattern
(d) (i) 10+2+AMIE
(ii) They must have a 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE.
A candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration with mathematics at 10+2 level or Graduate level and obtained a minimum of 50 % (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination.
(a) 10+2+3/4/5 years Pattern
(b) 10+3 years Diploma + 3 years Pattern
(c) (i) 10+2+AMIE
(ii) 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE
For M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch./M.Plan
A candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant field and obtained a minimum of 50 % (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to the reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination.
(iii) Candidate must have a Master’s Degree in the relevant branch of Science / Arts, which are prescribed.
b. (i) 10+2+AMIE
(ii) 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE.
- An applicant who has a valid GATE 2018, GATE 2019 and GATE 2020 score with qualifying marks are exempted from the TANCET 2021 and an aspirant who have a valid GATE 2018, GATE 2019 and GATE 2021 score with qualifying marks in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) papers have to appear for TANCET 2021.
- The applicant with Section ‘A’ & ‘B’ certificates (A.M.I.E.) and other similar certificates/documents of professional bodies viz. Aeronautical Society of India etc., recognised by the Ministry of Human Resource Development(HRD), Govt. of India and enrolled before 31.5.2013 are considered to be equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Degree holders, only with 2 years regular full-time experience in the relevant field after successful completion of the course including project work.
- An experience certificate has to be produced by the applicant.
The passing percentage is determined based on the applicant's category.
Name of the category
- Candidates from the opposite states excluding Tamil Nadu can also apply for the TANCET 2020. However, the eligibility will be determined by the respective authorities/board.