UPSC ESE 2022 Preliminary exam is scheduled to be held on 20 February 2022. UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2022 will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). This exam is conducted once every year at the National Level. The exam will be conducted for recruitment to the services/posts under the following mentioned categories:
- Civil Engineering (Category I )
- Mechanical Engineering (Category II)
- Electrical Engineering (Category III)
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering (Category IV)
UPSC ESE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check all the important information about ESE 2022 Eligibility Criteria:
A candidate must be either:
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of
appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
- A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st January 2021 i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January 1991 and not later than 1st January 2000.
- The upper age limit of 30 years will be relaxable up to 35 years in the case of Government servants of the following categories if they are employed in a Department/ Office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned in column 1 below and apply for admission to the examination for all or any of the Service(s)/Post(s) mentioned in column 2, for which they are otherwise eligible.
(i) A candidate who holds substantively a permanent post in the particular Department/Office concerned. This relaxation will not be admissible to a probationer appointed against a permanent post in the Department/Office during the period of his probation. However, this relaxation will be admissible to a probationer so appointed provided he/she already retains a lien on a permanent post in a Department/Office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned in column 1 below.
(ii) A candidate who has been continuously in a temporary service on a regular basis in the particular Department/Office for at least 3 years on the 1st January 2021.