CBSE Reading Challenge 2021 is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education. The aim of this program is to promote reading literacy among school students. The CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0 course is open for students from classes 8, 9, and 10 irrespective of the board are eligible to participate in this challenge. This contest is in both Hindi and English languages. Students can take part in either/ both the languages. CBSE Reading Challenge 2021 course shall be available on the DIKSHA Platform. It is a two-stage exam. Students who qualify in Round 1 shall be eligible to participate in the Round 2 contest. To get more details about the CBSE Reading Challenge Login registration, exam dates, syllabus, answer key, result, awards, etc, read the complete article.
CBSE Reading Challenge 2021 Exam Status
The interested candidates for the CBSE Reading Challenge course must check the exam dates and other latest updates. Check the exam status from the table given below:
|CBSE Reading Challenge 2021||Exam Completed|
CBSE Reading Challenge 2021 Important Dates
The candidates who are interested in joining the CBSE REading Challenge Program must check the dates of the registration and exam details. The important dates of the reading literacy program conducted by the CBSE are given below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about CBSE Reading Challenge 2021: Application Form, Eligibility, Result, Award
|Notification Releases||Second week of January 2021|
|Stage 1 Registration starts||January 2021|
|Question Paper availability for the registered schools||Third week of January 2021|
|Exam Date for stage 1||Fourth week of January 2021|
|Stage 2 Registration starts||First week of February 2021|
|Exam Date for stage 2||February 2021|
CBSE Reading Challenge 2021 Registration
The CBSE Reading Challenge shall be available on the DIKSHA platform. Students from class 8th to 10th irrespective of the Board are eligible to participate in this challenge. To access the challenge, a student would be required to join the CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0 course on the DIKSHA Platform through the link given in this article. The registration for stage 1 and stage 2 will take place separately. Candidates must pay the registration fees in order to participate in the course. In case, a candidate has not made the fee payment, then his/ her application shall be rejected by the conducting authority.
How to Participate in CBSE Reading Challenge 2021?
The Central Board of Secondary Education offers the CBSE Reading Challenge course for school students. Students can participate in the program by following the steps given below:
- Students can access the course via the DIKSHA portal on the computer or via the DIKSHA app on their Android mobile. iPhone users can access the quiz on any mobile browser.
- Students would be required to enter their registered email address and password to log in.
- If they do not have an account on DIKSHA, then they can register for the same by clicking on the “Register here” button on the page. They can also sign in with an existing Google account by clicking on the “Sign in with Google” button.
- On reaching the “CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0” course home page, click on “Join Course” to register.
- Once they have joined the course, they will be able to access different modules of this course. They can either click on Start Learning or on any one of the modules to access the content.
- On successful completion of the course, the students shall receive the Participating Certificate online on the DIKSHA Platform.
CBSE Reading Challenge 2021 Registration Fees
The candidates will have to pay the requisite amount of the registration fee in order to participate in the CBSE Reading Challenge program. The fees can be accepted through online mode Net Banking/ Debit/ Credit cards. This fee is non-refundable. The registration fee for all the applicants is given below:
|Stage 1||No Fee|
|Stage 2||Total Rs. 1200/- (Rs.200/- for each student)|
CBSE Reading Challenge 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must read the eligibility criteria before applying for the CBSE Reading Challenge course. If there is any specific requirement for the course, then the participants must fulfill the same. The details of the eligibility criteria are given below:
- CBSE Reading Challenge is open for students from classes 8, 9, and 10 from any registered school.
- Candidates from any Board can take part in this course.
- Only the best 6 students from stage 1 are eligible to participate in stage 2.
- There is no age restriction to participate in the CBSE Reading Challenge.
- The applicants must have passed the previous qualifying exams to take part in the program.
- Students having gap years are not eligible to participate in the program.
CBSE Reading Challenge 2021 Exam Pattern
CBSE Reading Challenge program is conducted to check the reading ability of the students. The main aim of the program is to promote Reading Literacy among the students. The test focuses upon both speed and accuracy in the reading quality of the students. Therefore, the participants who are going to take this challenging test can see the course information from the below:
- The reading challenge shall be in both Hindi and English languages. However, initially, the course will be in English reading.
- Schools can take the question papers as per the schedule.
- The question paper with reading tasks shall comprise 5-8 passages, each passage followed by objective-type questions.
- The student participants are expected to complete the paper as quickly as possible.
- The students who answer these questions correctly in a minimum time will be selected for the next stage.
- Stage 2 is a computer-based test.
- A computer-based Reading Test will be conducted by the Board for the registered students. Students shall have to answer all the questions within the minimum time to qualify in the reading challenge program.
- Only the schools that have completed the first stage shall be eligible for the second stage.
CBSE Reading Challenge 2021 Result
Once the course is completed for both stages, the CBSE will declare the result of the program. After the completion of the course, the official authority will issue the certificates to the students. The CBSE Reading Challenge result shall be made available online on the official website.
- The result of Stage 1 and Stage 2 shall be announced separately.
- In first-round, the school identifies the best 6 students (2 each from classes 8th, 9th, and 10th) on the basis of their performance on the assigned reading task.
- In case more than 6 students perform at the same level, a suitable screening test may be conducted by the schools at their own end to identify the 6 best students.
- The result for stage 2 will be informed by the schools to their students and they will get to know information from the official website of CBSE.
- Best scholars will be recognized as per the terms of the awards and recognition.
CBSE Reading Challenge 2021 Awards & Certificates
The CBSE also encourages the participants by providing them with awards and certificates. Therefore, the successful candidates who have qualified in the reading challenge program will be given the certificates as given below:
- Students who are qualified in the stage 2 examination will be issued an online participation & appreciation certificate by the Board.
- The best 50 performers from each Region will be issued a merit certificate.
- Participants must note that no merit list shall be displayed or separate certificates will be issued to the participants.
- Participation certificates will be issued online on the DIKSHA platform itself upon completion of the course.
CBSE Reading Challenge 2021 Highlights
|Name of the Program||CBSE Reading Challenge 2021|
|Also known as||CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0|
|Conduction Authority||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Level of the Course||National|
|Purpose of the Program||to promote Reading Literacy among the school students|
|Course Available on||DIKSHA Portal|
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the National board that maintains quality education at secondary and senior secondary levels. CBSE also offers the Reading Challenge program for the students to promote reading literacy among the school students. Therefore, the students who are interested in participating in the program must check the details and apply for the course. All the events related to the course are available on the website of CBSE. The CBSE Reading Challenge is available on the DIKSHA platform, one of the digital learning program of the CBSE.
FAQs on CBSE Reading Challenge
Q1. Can I apply for the CBSE Reading Challenge through individual registration?
Ans: No, the individual registration for the CBSE Reading Challenge 2.1 is not accepted.
Q2. What is the mode of the CBSE Reading Challenge exam?
Ans: The CBSE reading challenge exam shall be conducted in the Online mode.
Q3. Is there any registration fee for the CBSE Reading Challenge 2.1?
Ans: No, there is no registration fee for the CBSE reading challenge stage 1 course.