20 Entrance Exam for Commerce Students after 12th: Commerce is one of the most important streams of education in India. After graduating from 12th standard a commerce student has the option of taking admission through merit or through entrance test for further education. Some of the important courses which a commerce student can opt for are:
- BCom in Accounting and Commerce
- BBA LLB
- Chartered Accountancy(CA)
- Company Secretary(CS)
A commerce student also can pursue various courses available for Art Students. These are some of the entrance tests a commerce student can give:
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
Common Proficiency Test (CPT)
The Students who want to pursue Chartered Accountancy Course have to register for the Common Proficiency Course(CPC) after passing 10th examination. These students can appear in the CPT after either appearing or passing the 10+2 examination.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about 20 Entrance Exam for Commerce Students after 12th: Career Options - Admissions
- The CPT is an entry level test for the Chartered Accountancy Course and is held twice in a year( June and December ). The test is for 4 subjects viz., Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude.
- To appear in the CPT registered students have to fill a separate examination application form at the ICAI official website.
Integrated Company Secretaryship Course (Full Time)
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India Centre for Corporate Governance, Research & Training (CCGRT) conducts Integrated Company Secretaryship Course every year. The candidates seeking admission in Integrated Company Secretaryship after 10+2 or its equivalent has to clear 3 stages of examination.
The three stages of examination includes:
- Foundation Programme,
- Executive Programme and
- Professional Programme.
A student who want to pursue the course after graduation can get admission in the Executive Programme and the Professional Programme.
CS (Company Secretary ) Foundation Exam
ICSI is the professional body in India to develop and regulate the profession of Company Secretaries. The Institute of Company Secretaries of India provides the CS courses. ICSI contributes to many initiatives of the Government. Candidates who want to pursue must qualify CS Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) to seek registration to the Executive Programme of CS Course. Students who have passed 10+2 examinations or will be appearing are eligible to appear in CSEET.
The exam will take place on 6th and 7th June, 2020 and will contain 4 papers. The papers being
- Business Environment and Law,
- Business Management, Ethics and Entrepreneurship
- Business Economics
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing
To pursue and practice Chartered Accountancy, one need to register in the Chartered Accountancy course after 10th class can register for Common Proficiency Test CPT Course by filling in the official registration form. Whereas student with higher qualifications than 10th class such as B.Com, M.Com, LL.B., ICWA, CS, MBA can also appear and pass CPT Examination to join the Chartered Accountancy Course. The Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is held twice a year in the months of June and December.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India conducts three levels of examinations;
- CPT (Common Proficiency Test),
- IPCC which is the Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) course and
- the final and three years of practical training under a practicing Chartered Accountant.
Becoming a Cost & Works Accountant is among the good options after 12 th for Commerce . There is an entry level examination to further pursue the cource.
CMA ( Cost and Management Accountant) Foundation Exam
ICAI holds the entrance test for the Cost and Management Accountant Foundation. The Institute of Cost Accountants of India is a premier professional body of Management Accountants.
- A Cost and Management Accountant specialises in making managerial decisions, stabilising budgets and standards, accessing operational efficiency and the effectiveness of production and service management.
- A candidate should have passed Class 10th exams and 10+2 exams from a recognized board.
- Admission into the foundation course is open all throughout the year, but Students who wish to appear for the June Term should apply before 31st January and for the December term should apply before 31st July.
The Common Law Entrance exam is a national level entrance exam. It offers admission to undergraduate law programs to 22 National Law Universities across the country. All candidates who are appearing or have passed the 10+2 examination with 45% marks are eligible to sit for the examination.
- The CLAT 2020 exam will be conducted on 10th May.
- Registrations were opened on 1st January, 2020 and remain open until 31st March, 2020.
- The UG-CLAT 2020 will be a 2 hour exam with questions from 5 subjects including English Language, Current Affairs, including General Knowledge, Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Techniques.
St Xaviers College
The St. Xavier’s College is an Autonomous College under the University of Mumbai. It offers 3 year degree courses for Bachelor in Management Studies(BMS) and Bachelor in Mass Media(BMM). An entrance test is conducted for admission purposes in these courses.
The Test for BMM will consist of:
Questions on General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Data Interpretation, Economics, English Language & Comprehension Skills, Logical Reasoning and Critical Analysis & Creative Thinking.
The Test for BMS will consist of:
Questions on English Language & Comprehension Skills, Logical Reasoning & Visual Reasoning, Data Interpretation, General Knowledge and General Awareness and Mathematics.
Candidates can apply online by logging on to the Homepage of St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), Mumbai.
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management holds the NMIMS-NPAT as the official entrance test for admission to their undergraduate degree programs.
- For Commerce branch students the programs available are BBA, B.Sc. Finance and B.Com (Hons). A candidate who has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with an aggregate of 60% marks or above are eligible to sit for the examination.
- The students must visit the official NPAT website for online registration. Candidates are given a choice to register for multiple programs. All eligible candidates who have registered successfully will sit for an online test.
- The NMIMS-NPAT 2020 will be an objective type multiple-choice test. The candidates will be tested on their Quantitative & Numerical ability, Reasoning & General Intelligence and Proficiency in English Language.
- Last date for online registration is 30th April, 2020 and the exam dates would be 9th and 10th May as per the session alloted to the candidate.
Delhi University Joint Admission Test (DU JAT)
Delhi University offers many undergraduate courses for commerce students passing the 10+2 examination. The admission to these courses are merit-based or entrance-based.
- The National Testing Agency(NTA) will be conducting the entrance tests. Some of the following courses such as B.A. (Honours), Business Economics (BA(H)BE), Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS), Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis) BBA(FIA),
- B.A. (Honours) Multimedia and Mass Communication BA(H)MMC might be interesting to a commerce student.These courses are offered by the University of Delhi through some of its colleges/departments.
- The entrance test will be offline and will be of a two hour duration. It will consist of multiple choice questions(MCQs) designed to evaluate the aptitude of the applicants.
The applicant is required to register on the university admission portal. See DU JAT 2020: Exam Dates(Revised), Application Form, Eligibility
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
Symbiosis International(Deemed University) conducts entrance tests, namely Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) for admission into its undergraduate programmes in Managements, law and Communication degree.
- The entrance test will be held on 2nd May, 2020 and will be a Computer Based Test (CBT) across 80 cities all over India.
- Candidates aspiring to join the undergraduate degree must appear for the SET, the online registration for which closes on 16th April.
- After the entrance test, eligible candidates will be shortlisted for Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Tests.
- Only candidates clearing both will be allowed to attend the programs offered by Symbiosis.
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University conducts a Common Entrance Exam(CET) for admission into its 3 year degree program. It offers courses in Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), BCom (Hons) along with many other Bachelor programs.
- The candidates are required to have 50% marks in 10+2 examination to be eligible for B.Com.
- The syllabus for these programs include General English, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and General Awareness.
- The registration will be done online from 1st March, 2020 to 31st March, 2020 on University website.
See Details of IPU CET Here.
After 12 you can give the entrance exam for pursuing actuarial science conducted by the The Institute of Actuaries of India which is the sole professional body of actuaries in India responsible for conducting Fellowship level examination leading to professional qualification of an actuary.
ACET (Actuary) Exam
Actuaries are professionals who have a deep understanding of financial systems in an institution. Being an actuary means having expert mathematical skills as they are problem solvers as well as strategic thinkers.
- A student of actuarial sciences is trained in how to analyse data, evaluate financial risks and then communicate this information to non-specialists.
- The actuaries work at insurance companies, consultancies as well as in Investment Management, Corporate finance, Banking and for the Government’s Actuary Department.
- The Institute of Actuaries of India has started conducting the entrance test, ACET, since January 2012. Registration for the exam closes on 11th April, 2020 and the exam date is 9th May, 2020.
Indian Statistical Institute
B. Maths (Hons) & B.Stats (Hons) Admission to B.Maths (Hons.) and B.Stats (Hons.) both courses are offered by the ISI as a comprehensive three year degree program . Deserving Students get a Stipend of Rs. 3000 per month of B.Maths (Hons.) offered in Bengaluru and B.Stats (Hons.) offered in Kolkata.
CFP (Certified Financial Planner) Exam
A Certified Financial Planner is granted to individuals who meet the stringent standards of the examination, education, experience and ethics. CFP is the most prestigious and internationally accepted FInancial Planning qualification recognized and respected by the global financial community. A CFP certification benefits consumers, practitioners and financial firms in a number of ways.
The CFP Examination, also called CFP Certification is awarded to competent and qualifying candidates fulfilling the 4 E Criteria ie.
- Continuous Education
Regular Student: Regular Student – Legacy Program Overview (enroll by 31 March 2020) Students enrolling on or after 1 April 2020 may only choose to enroll in the new program. The updated program will consist of three specialist certifications and one capstone course for CFP certification. Individuals must register directly with FPSB Ltd. as the first step of starting the certification.