KJ Somaiya Mumbai PGDM Admission 2020: KJ. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai is also popularly known as SIMSR and was established in 1981. K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (SIMSR) was inaugurated by Dr Manmohan Singh, the former Prime Minister of India, and is consistently ranked among the top 20 Management Institutes and top 10 private sectors B-Schools in India. The Institute will be granted the autonomous status by the University Grants Commission, India and notified by the University of Mumbai. (SIMSR) K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research announces PGDM Admission 2020 and will release the Application form for Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) Program for the academic year 2020-22. Candidates may go through the given article for complete details regarding the KJ Somaiya Mumbai PGDM Admission 2020.
KJ Somaiya Mumbai PGDM Admission 2020 Application Form
The details regarding the KJ Somaiya PGDM Admission 2020 Application form are given below:
- The application form will be released in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form from the official website.
- The uploading documents should be in the prescribed format only.
- Candidates may keep a copy of filled application form for further use.
KJ Somaiya Mumbai PGDM Admission 2020 Application Procedure
Eligible candidates can download the Application form from the official website of KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai. Given below are the steps to fill the Application form:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about KJ Somaiya Mumbai PGDM Admission 2020: Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus - Admissions
Step 1: Registration
- Candidates must register themselves with their existing Email Id and Contact number.
- After successful login, candidates must fill the Application form.
Step 2: Log in
- After entering the Username, Password and Id used for Registration, submit the Application form.
- After submitting the Application form, Somaiya forms no. Will be generated.
- Candidates can edit the form till the last date of submission, using the Somaiya form number.
Step 3: Online form filling
- Candidates must fill all the information i.e, Personal, Academic, achievements, photograph, work experience and program details.
- Indian Resident / CIWGC- Rs. 2850/-
- NRI / FN / PIO- Rs. 3850/-
KJ Somaiya PGDM 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates aspiring to take admission at the different Management programs offered at K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai need to first make a check that they fulfil the prescribed eligibility criteria.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree of a minimum of 3 years duration with at least 50% marks or an equivalent CGPA.
- Applicants must register and appear for CAT /XAT 2020/CMAT 2020/GMAT (Taken before February 2020). They are also obtaining the minimum required score to be eligible to participate in the admission process.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of their Bachelor’s Degree/equivalent qualification exam are also eligible to apply.
- If shortlisted, such candidate will be considered provisionally eligible for admission and would be required to submit their Marksheet and Degree certificate of the final year Bachelor’s Degree exam by the month of July 2020.
KJ Somaiya Mumbai PGDM Admission Process
Candidates must follow the steps given below for admission in various PGDM programs offered at KJ Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai.
- Step 1: Candidates must register first and appear for CAT / XAT 2020 / CMAT 2020 / GMAT before February 2020
- Step 2: Candidates need to fill and submit the common application form for all the Management Programs offered at KJ Somaiya Mumbai.
- Step 3: Candidates who had applied, will be shortlisted on the basis of their Entrance exam scores. Eligible candidates will have to appear for the GD & PI (Personal Interviews).
- Step 4: Institute will prepare a Merit list After successful completion of the GD-PI rounds. The shortlisted candidates will have to fill in the program details of the course of their choice through the online mode.
- Step 5: The institute will offer admission based on the program of their preference and availability of seats.
KJ Somaiya Mumbai PGDM Admission Cut Off
Shortlisting criteria will be constituted of two steps:
- First Phase: Shortlisting candidates based on the Entrance Exam scores.
- Second Phase: Shortlisting candidates on the basis of their performance in the final admission selection criteria with 35% weightage to Entrance exam scores.
Cut off depends on the quality & number of Application form received for different courses. Given below are the expected Cut Off:
- CAT- 80-85
- XAT- 80-85
- GMAT- 550-600
- CMAT- 85-90
KJ Somaiya Final Selection Criteria
|Entrance Exam (CMAT/GMAT/ CAT/XAT)||35%||GMAT after 10 February 2020 (Not applicable)|
|Case-Based Group Discussion||17%||Caselet will be given for GD|
|Personal Interview||25%||Attitude, communication skill, Awareness|
|Work Experience||5%||Below 1 year=0
|Past Academic Record||10%||80% Marks on Class X, XII, Graduation, add 1 Mark for PG|
One Year MBA at KJ Somaiya
KJ Somaiya offers full-time PGDM programme of 15 months of duration for working executives with a working experience of 5 Years or above. Admission to one year MBA is also done through CAT/ CMAT/ GMAT/ XAT exams. The one year programme costs Rs. 6.69 lac excluding Hostel accommodation and mess charges.
Part-Time MBA at KJ Somaiya
Four Part-time Masters in Management Programme in different disciplines are also offered at KJ Somaiya. The admission process is done through the Institute Level Entrance Test. The 4 part-time MBA programmes offered are:
- Masters in Marketing Management
- Masters in Financial Management
- Masters in HRD Management
- Masters in Information Management.
- Each programme has an intake of 60 students.
- K J Somaiya also offers Doctoral programmes in Management leading to the award of PhD.
Somaiya Vidyavihar campus comprises more than 34 individual institutes dedicated to Arts, Sciences, Management, Humanities, Philosophies and Social Sciences as important areas of scholarship, and is spread across a 60 acre complex in Vidyavaihar, in the north-central area of Mumbai and a 90 acre complex in Sion in the heart of Mumbai.
Programs Offered at KJ Somaiya Mumbai
2 Year full-time PGDM Programs offered at K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai:
- PGDM (27th Batch)
- Financial Services (9th Batch)
- International Business (13th Batch)
- Communication (8th Batch)
- Retail Management (13th Batch)
- Health Care Management (2th Batch)
- International Business (IB),
- Retail Management (RM),
- Financial Services (FS) and
- Communications (COM)
- The average salary was Rs.9.87 lakhs
- Highest Salary was Rs.30 lakhs.
- Top Recruiters include Google, HUL, GEP, HSBC, Amazon, Invesco, Crisil, Citi Bank, Morgan Stanley, Barclays, SAP, Deloitte, Accenture, Capgemini
Official Website: https://simsr.somaiya.edu/en
For more Updates Stay Tuned to ‘Entrancezone.com’.
For more information regarding JEE Main 2020.