KVPY 2021 aptitude test will be held on 7 November 2021. The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore has released the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) for the class 11, 12 application form. The KVPY exam will be held across various test centres. Students must download the admit card of KVPY before appearing for the examination. They must check the syllabus and sample question papers to prepare for the test. KVPY is a National-level scholarship test. The shortlisted candidates will receive a fellowship for research in Basic Sciences from the Department of Science and Technology, Gov. of India. The candidates must fill the KVPY 2021 Application Form and sit for the aptitude test. Get more details about KVPY 2021 Registration, exam date, eligibility, syllabus, result, etc from this article.
KVPY 2021 Exam Status
Candidates can get the details about KVPY 2021 Registration and exam related information from the details given below:
|KVPY 2021 Application Form||Closed|
|Last Date to Apply||6 September 2021|
|KVPY 2021 Exam Date||7 November 2021|
- KVPY 2021 Application Form has been closed. Click Here to check the latest updates.
- KVPY 2021 Aptitude Test will be held on 07 November 2021
KVPY 2021 Important Dates
The official authority of IISc. Bangalore has announced the dates of the KVPY Registration on the website. However, the candidates can also check the dates of the application form and KVPY exam from the table given below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about KVPY 2021(07 Nov): Application Form (Closed), Exam Date, Syllabus, Result - Admissions
|KVPY 2021||Important Dates|
|Online KVPY registration starts from||12 July 2021|
|Last date of payment of application fee (only for registered candidates)||9 September 2021|
|Availability of admit card||to be announced|
|KVPY 2021 exam date||07 Nov 2021|
|KVPY 2020 Tentative Answer Key||to be announced|
|Declaration of result||to be announced|
KVPY 2021 Application Form
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is an aptitude test for providing fellowship to the students of classes 11, 12, and the first year of the UG program in the Basic Science stream. Therefore, the interested candidates can fill the KVPY Online Application Form from the link given in this article.
- However, the candidates must check the minimum eligibility criteria before filling the application form. They must enter their personal details, stream (SA (for class 11)/ SX (for class 12)/ SB (for UG first year), educational qualifications, contact details, etc in the online form.
- The application form must be submitted before the closing date of registration. There is no need to send the online application form to the office. However, candidates must retain two or three copies of the application form for any further use.
How to Apply for KVPY 2021?
The application form of KVPY will be available on the portal of the conducting authority. However, candidates can also apply from the direct link given in this article. The applicants can follow the steps given below in order to apply online for KVPY scholarship program:
- First of all, candidates must click on the link given in the updates section of this article. The Homepage of KVPY will open in the new tab.
- On this page, you can see the Application LInk for KVPY 2021 Aptitude Test. Click on the link to apply online.
- There are three basic steps to complete the online application form of KVPY. A detailed description of the step-by-step application process is given below:
- Click on “Register Now” as a new user.
- The new user registration page will open on the screen.
- Candidates must fill in all the required details like Name, mobile number, email ID, Aadhar card details, stream applying for, etc. Click on the Submit button.
- After receiving the confirmation of registration on your e-mail / mobile, you may log in with the user ID and password.
- After doing the login with the help of User ID and Password, candidates can process to fill the application form.
- Enter your Name, Parent’s name, Aadhar card details, contact information, permanent address, current address, etc.
- After filling in all the personal details click on “Submit and Next”
- In this section, the candidates just enter their education qualification information.
- Enter the marks obtained in class 10/ 12. The marks should be CGPA/ Percentage.
- Click on “Submit and Next”.
Upload Photograph/ Signature
- The applicants must keep the documents ready before filling the online application form. The specifications of the image and signature are given in the brochure.
- Candidates must upload the photograph and signature only in the prescribed format.
- The specifications and image size of various documents are mentioned below:
|Particulars||Image size and Format|
|Photograph||Less than 150 KB in JPEG / JPG|
|Signature||Less than 80 KB in JPEG / JPG|
|Medical certificate||Less than 300 KB in JPEG / JPG|
Payment of Application Fee
- After entering all the details, the applicants must pay the fees to complete the application form.
- Candidates must pay the application fee only at the KVPY application portal.
- Fee payment can be done by using a Credit Card, ATM-Debit Card, UPI, or Net Banking.
- No other means of payment will be accepted.
- Once the payment is successful and the application is submitted.
- No refund of the application fee will be done
- The application fees for various categories of the candidates are given below:
|General / OBC||Rs 1250/- + Bank Charges|
|SC / ST / PwD||Rs 625/- + Bank Charges|
Preview Application Form & Final Submission
- Candidates must note that the application form correction window will not be provided unless required.
- So the details in the KVPY application form must be correct.
- The candidates should be careful while entering their name, date of birth, stream, category, etc.
- The details in the application form cannot be changed once the fee payment is done.
- Preview the application form. Finally, click on the “Submit” button.
- There is no need to send the printed copy of the online application form to the office of conducting authority.
- Take one or two copies of the application form for future references.
KVPY 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must go through the detailed eligibility criteria before doing the registration. The KVPY Eligibility Criteria for various streams (SA/ SX/ SB) are different. So, the candidates must check the eligibility criteria of the steam to which they belong. The application forms, if found ineligible, will be rejected by the authority. The stream-wise detailed eligibility criteria is given below:
Eligibility Criteria for Stream SA
The candidates who are have passed the class 10 Board examination and eligible to enroll in class XI (Science subject) in the academic year 2021-22 must follow the below-given eligibility criteria to apply for the KVPY exam:
- Candidates in Class XI and a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in Maths and Science subjects in Class 10
- The fellowship of the students selected under this stream will be activated only if they join an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S) in rhe academic year 2023-24.
- They should have secured 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in Science subjects in the XII standard/(+2) Board Examination.
Eligibility Criteria for Stream SX
Students enrolled in XII Standard (Science subjects) during the academic year 2021–22 and aspiring to join undergraduate programs in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S) during the academic year 2022-23. The eligibility requirements are given below:
- Candidates must have passed class XII in Science and secured 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) aggregate Maths and Science subjects in Class 12 Board examination.
- The fellowship of the students selected under this stream will be activated only if they join an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S) in the academic year 2022-23.
- Students in their 2nd year of study in Cambridge International Examination Board and aspiring to join undergraduate program in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S) during the academic year 2022-23.
Eligibility Criteria for Stream SB
- Students who have passed XII Standard Board Examination and are eligible to enroll in the 1st year B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. during the academic year 2021–22 are eligible to appear for the aptitude test.
- The student should produce a study certificate of 1st year B.Sc./ B.S./ B.Stat./ B.Math./ Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S once they are selected as a provisional KVPY fellow.
- Moreover, the fellowship of the students selected under this stream will be activated only if they join an undergraduate program in Basic sciences (B.Sc./ B.S./ B.Stat./ B.Math./ Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S) in the academic year 2021-22 and secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in 1st year of B.Sc./ B.S./ B.Math./ B.Stat./ Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S.
Documents / Details Required to Fill KVPY Application Form
The candidates must keep the following documents and details ready before filling the Online KVPY application form. The list of documents and details are given below:
- A valid e-mail id
- An active contact number
- Scanned image of photograph
- Scanned image of the signature
- Category / Medical certificate (if applicable)
KVPY 2021 Exam Pattern
The students must check the exam pattern of the KVPY before appearing for this National-level scholarship test. The basic information about the KVPY exam are as follows:
- It is a computer-based online exam.
- The exam is conducted for a duration of 3 Hours.
- The question paper is Objective-type (Multiple Choice Questions)
- Question paper will be available in both Hindi and English languages.
- There are 2 sections in the question paper of each stream.
- Negative marking is applicable for incorrect answers. (-0.25 marks deducted for Part I questions. -0.5 marks deducted for Part II questions).
Exam Pattern for Stream SA
|Subjects||No. of questions (Part I) (01 mark each)||No. of questions (Part II) (2 marks each)||Total Marks|
Exam Pattern for Stream SX/ SB
|Subjects||No. of questions (Part I) (01 mark each)||No. of questions (Part II) (02 marks each)||Total Marks|
KVPY 2021 Syllabus
The official authority, i.e, IISc. do not prescribe any particular syllabus for the KVPY exam. However, the fellowship is based on the syllabi of class 10th, 12th and first-year UG programme of B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. Therefore, the students must prepare for the exam as per the syllabus of their previous qualifying exam. The KVPY exam is to test the logical and analytical ability of the candidates.
KVPY 2021 Admit Card
Once the application process is over, the official authority will issue the KVPY Admit Card 2021 to all the eligible candidates. Candidates must know the following details about the hall ticket of Kishor Vaigyanik Prostsahan Yojana (KVPY):
- The admit card of KVPY will be released in online mode.
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc.) Bangalore will issue the admit card of KVPY.
- No students will receive the hall ticket through email or post.
- Admit card contains details like name of the exam, stream of the candidate, exam date/day, exam centre address, Reporting time, application number, Photograph and Signature of the candidates, exam duration, General Instructions for the exam.
- The hall ticket of KVPY should not be folded/ torn/ tampered.
- There should be no markings/ writing on the admit card.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the hall ticket on the day of exam.
- Candidates must save two or three copies of the hall ticket for any future purposes.
KVPY 2021 Answer Key
As soon as the examination gets over, the official authority will release the answer key of KVPY. The KVPY Answer Key for various streams will be available in PDF format. Candidates can download the provisional answer key from the website. They can match their responses and predict the tentative score in the exam. Also, if there is any discrepancy in any of the answers, they can challenge/ raise objections against that particular answer.
KVPY 2021 Result
The result of KVPY will be released in online mode on the website of the conducting authority. Indian Institute of Science (IISc.) Bangalore will release the KVPY Result on the specified dates. The answer key will contain details of the marks scored by the candidate in each paper and their qualifying status. Students must download their results by entering their Registration Number and Date of Birth, as soon as the link is available. They can access the result from the direct link given in the updates section of this article.
KVPY 2021 Cut Off
The KVPY Cut off list for various streams will be released by the conducting body. The KVPY cut-off for various streams will be different. Candidates who qualify for the minimum cut-off marks will be eligible to take part in the interview process. The category-wise last year cut off is given below:
|Steams||For General Category||For SC / ST category||For PwD|
|SA||52% and above||40% and above||40% and above|
|SX||52% and above||40% and above||40% and above|
|SB||47% and above||35 % and above||35 % and above|
KVPY Selection Process
Once the result of the candidates is released, the official authority will begin the selection process for the most eligible candidates. Those candidates who qualify in the KVPY 2021 exam are eligible to participate in the further selection process. There are two stages of selecting candidates:
- Aptitude Test: The candidates will have to take part in the aptitude test conducted by the authority across various test centers in India.
- Personal Interview: Based on the performance in the aptitude test, short-listed students are called for an interview which is the final stage of the selection procedure. For receiving a fellowship, both aptitude tests and interview marks are considered.
KVPY 2021 Fellowship and Stipend
KVPY Fellowship will be awarded only if a student opts to study any of the undergraduate courses in basic sciences such as B.Sc., B.S., B.Stat., B.Math., Int. M.Sc, Int. M.S. Check the amount given below that is provided as a stipend. The amount mentioned is as per the previous year data.
|Basic Sciences||Monthly Fellowship||Annual Contingency Grant|
|SA / SX / SB – during M.Sc. / 4th to 5 th years of Integrated M.SC. / M.S./ M.Math / M.Stat||Rs 7000||Rs 8000|
|SA / SX / SB – during 1st year to 3rd years of B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.||Rs 5000||Rs 20,000|
List of KVPY Test Centres
The KVPY exam takes place across various test centers in India. The candidates can give their preference of the exam center city while filling the application form. The list of test centers of KVPY is given below:
|East & North East Zone Exam Centers||North Zone Exam Centers||South Zone Exam Centers||West & Central Zone Exam Centers|
|Muzaffarpur||New Delhi (Delhi)||Rajahmundry||Mapusa|
|Patna (Bihar)||Ambala||Tirupathi||Panaji (Goa)|
|Bilaspur||Gurugram||Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh)||Anand|
|Bhubaneshwar||Jammu (Jammu & Kashmir)||Dharwad||Indore|
|Rourkela||Amritsar||Hassan||Ujjain (Madhya Pradesh)|
|Naharlagun (Arunachal Pradesh)||Jalandhar||Kalaburagi||Aurangabad|
|Shillong (Meghalaya)||Jaipur||Udupi, (Karnataka)||Navi Mumbai|
|Burdwan||Udaipur (Rajasthan)||Warangal (Telangana)||——-|
|Siliguri (West Bengal)||Gorakhpur||Kasaragod|
|Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh)||Chennai|
|Vellore (Tamil Nadu)|
KVPY 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||KVPY 2021|
|Full Name||Kishor Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana|
|Conduction Authority||Indian Institute of Science (IISc.) Bangalore|
|Level of Exam||National level|
|Type of Exam||Scholarship Aptitude Test|
|Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Purpose of Exam||To provide fellowship to the students of class 11, 12 for Research in basic Science courses|
|Application Form||Apply Here|
About IISc. Bangalore
Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore is one of India’s premier institutes for advanced scientific and technological research and education. The institute was established in the year 1909. IISc conducts the national-level scholarship test known as Kishor Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY). The test is conducted to offer fellowship in Basic Sciences to students who are currently studying in class 11th, 12th and in their 1st year of UG program.
FAQs on KVPY 2021
Q1. What is the last date to apply for KVPY 2021?
Ans: The last date to apply for the KVPY 2021 Application form is 6 September 2021.
Q2. I am studying in class 11. Can I apply for the KVPY Scholarship test?
Ans: Yes, you can apply for KVPY 2021 under the SA stream.
Q3. Who can apply for the KVPY under the SX stream?
Ans: The students who are currently in class 12th and are willing to pursue UG program in Basic Sciences (B.Sc. / B.S. / B.Stat / B.Math / Int. M.Sc. / Int M.S.) can register for Sx stream.
Q4. What is the KVPY stipend given to the students?
Ans: Students will be given a monthly stipend of Rs 5000/- (during 1st year to 3rd years of B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.) and Rs. 7000/- ( during M.Sc. / 4th to 5 th years of Integrated M.SC. / M.S./ M.Math / M.Stat).