NIOS Admission Online 2020 Application Form is released by National Institute of Open Schooling for 10th,12th admissions. The last date to apply for NIOS admission for Block 1(April Exam) without late fee is 31 July 2020. Interested candidates can fill the registration form before the last date. Candidates who have passed class 8th and have completed 14 years of age can apply for NIOS 10th admission for the session 2020-21 and those who have passed class 10th can apply for NIOS 12th admission 2020-21. NIOS is the largest Open Schooling System in the world. Read the below-given article for more information regarding NIOS Admission 2020.
Latest Update: Admission in NIOS is 100% Online for Sec. (10th), Sr.Sec. (12th), Round the year with cut off Dates
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
NIOS Admission Online 2020 Important Dates
Check the important dates and events for National Institute of Open Schooling Admission 2020 form the below-given table:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NIOS Admission Online 2020: Application Form(Ongoing), Eligibility Criteria - Admissions
|Block for Online Admission||Dates of Online Admission Stream-1||Fee||Examination in which the candidate can appear the first time|
|Block-1 (April/May 2020)||16 March – 31 July 2020||Normal Fee||April/May 2020|
|01 August – 15 August 2020||with late fee of Rs. 200/-|
|16 August to 31 August||with late fee of Rs. 400/-|
|01 September to 15 September||with late fee of Rs. 700/-|
|Block-II (October/November 2020)||16 September to 31 January||Normal Fee||October/November 2020|
|01 February to 15 February||with late fee of Rs. 200/-|
|16 February to 28 February||with late fee of Rs. 400/-|
|01 March to 15 March||with late fee of Rs. 700/-|
Candidates must be updated with all the dates in order to avoid last-minute inconvenience.
NIOS Admission 2020 Application Form
NIOS Admission 2020 application is available on the official site of National Institute of Open Schooling i.e. sdmis.nios.ac.in/ and is totally based on online mode. Read the given below points for more information regarding the application form.
- Candidates must read the NIOS Prospectus before filling the application form.
- Interested applicants can apply within the specified dates.
- The application portal will be closed after the last date.
- Candidates must keep all the documents ready as prescribed by the authority with them before filling the application form and they are advised to refer the documents to fill the details so that they can avoid mistakes.
- Pay the fee to confirm the submission of the form.
- Candidates must take a printout of the application form for future references.
Documents required to fill the application form
Candidates applying for NIOS 2020 admission will have to upload the scanned copy of documents. Given below is the list of documents required for online admission:
- Aadhaar card or ration card or other identity proof.
- Birth certificate
- Address proof i.e. Aadhaar card/water bill/electricity bill/voter ID/ration card
- Signature ( in black ink)
- Recent passport size colour photograph
- Class 8th mark sheet for students applying for the NIOS 10th or secondary course
- class 10th mark sheet to apply for 12th exams 2020.
- Disability certificate for PwD candidates
- Caste certificate for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- Ex-serviceman certificate for candidates applying under Ex-serviceman category
Candidates have to pay the application fee to confirm the submission of the application form. Check the category-wise application fee in detail from the table given below:
|Course||General Category||Exempted Category|
Persons with Disabilities(PWD)
|Secondary Course(Class 10th)|
|(i) For 5 subjects||Rs. 1800/-||Rs. 1450/-||Rs. 1200/-|
|(ii) For each additional subject||Rs. 720/-||Rs. 720/-||Rs. 720/-|
|Senior Secondary Course(Class 12th)|
|(i) For 5 Subjects||Rs. 2000/-||Rs. 1650/-||Rs. 1300/-|
|(ii) For each additional subject||Rs. 720/-||Rs. 720/-||Rs. 720/-|
Note: Candidates have to pay the addition of Rs. 50/- (Rs. Fifty Only) as the cost of online Application Form.
Mode of Payment
Applicants can pay the application fee through the online modes mentioned below:
- Through Credit Card /Debit Card/Net Banking.
- In case admission is done through Common Services Centres, the fee can be paid via Electronic Wallet of CSCs.
NIOS Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the NIOS application form, candidates must check the eligibility criteria. Given below is the National Institute of Open Schooling admission eligibility criteria:
For Secondary Course (10th Class):
- Age limit: The candidate must be of 14 years of age as on 31st July 2019 for the block I
- Education Qualification: Candidates must have passed class VIII from any recognized Board.
For Senior Secondary Course (12th Class):
- Age Limit: Candidate must be of 15 years to apply for Senior Secondary Course as on 31st July 2019 (born on or before 31.07.2004).
- Education Qualification: The candidate must have passed the Secondary course (10th) from any recognised Board.
How to Apply for NIOS Admission Online 2020?
Candidates can refer to the below-given steps to fill the NIOS Admission 2020 Application form.
- Visit the official website of NIOS i.e.sdmis.nios.ac.in/.
- Then click on the link ” Register”.
- Read the instruction given and then select state and Identity type and enter the Identity number and course applying for.
- Now click on the submit button and proceed further.
Filling Application form
- After completion of the registration, process candidates have to fill the application form by entering the basic details, address and other information.
- Enter the appropriate details and then submit it.
- After filling the application form candidates have to upload the scanned copy of the documents mentioned above as per the prescribed format and then submit it.
Review application form
After uploading the documents candidates are advised to review the form carefully and ensure the accuracy of the details.
Then proceed or fee payment if detail entered is correct or else edit the incorrect details.
- After the completion of the above steps, candidates have to pay the application fee and have to confirm the submission of the application form.
- Now, candidates can track their NIOS admission status online and are advised to take a print of the application form.
National Institute of Open Schooling
The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) formerly known as National Open School (NOS). NIOS was established by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India under National Policy on Education 1986 in November 1989.
Approx 2.71 Million students are enrolled in its secondary and senior secondary distance learning programmes at NIOS centers, Out of which, Students are enrolled in Secondary – 46%, Senior Seconadry – 49%, and in Vocational – 5% courses.
Read NIOS is a Recognised Board Here.
- Open Basic Education (OBE) (A level, B level, C level equivalent to Class III, V, VIII respectively of formal Education) courses are offered through Accredited Agencies (AAs).
- Secondary – leading to Secondary School Certificate.
- Sr. Secondary – leading to Senior Secondary School Certificate.
- Open Vocational Education.
- Life Enrichment Programmes.
Official Website: https://nios.ac.in/