NIOS Online Admission 2021 Application Form has been released for Block-1 (April/May, 2021) and the last date to apply is 31 July 2021. Interested candidates can fill the registration form before the last date. Candidates who have passed class 8th and have completed 14 years of age can apply for NIOS 10th admission and those who have passed class 10th can apply for NIOS 12th admission. NIOS is the largest Open Schooling System in the world. Read the below-given article for more information regarding NIOS Admission 2021.
NIOS Admission 2021 Status
NIOS Online Admission 2021 Important Dates
Check the important dates and events for National Institute of Open Schooling Admission 2021 form the below-given table:
|Block for Online Admission||Dates of Online Admission Stream-1||Fee||Examination in which the students can appear first time|
|Block-1 (April/May, 2021)||16th March – 31 July||Normal Fee||April/May, 2022|
|1 August – 15th August||with late fee of Rs. 200/-|
|16th August to 31st August||with late fee of Rs. 400/-|
|1st Sept. to 15th Sept||with late fee of Rs. 700/-|
|Block-II (October/November 2021)||16th Sept. to 31st January||Normal Fee||October/November 2022|
|1st February to 15th February||with late fee of Rs. 200/-|
|16th February to 28th February||with late fee of Rs. 400/-|
|1st March. to 15th March||with late fee of Rs. 700/-|
Candidates must be updated with all the dates in order to avoid last-minute inconvenience.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NIOS Online Admission 2021: Application Form(Ongoing), Eligibility Criteria - Admissions
NIOS Online Admission 2021 Application Form
NIOS Admission 2021 application is available on the official site of National Institute of Open Schooling i.e. sdmis.nios.ac.in/ and is totally based on online mode. Read the given below points for more information regarding the application form.
- Candidates must read the NIOS Prospectus before filling the application form.
- Interested applicants can apply within the specified dates.
- The application portal will be closed after the last date.
- Candidates must keep all the documents ready as prescribed by the authority with them before filling the application form and they are advised to refer the documents to fill the details so that they can avoid mistakes.
- Pay the fee to confirm the submission of the form.
- Candidates must take a printout of the application form for future references.
Documents required to fill the application form
Candidates applying for NIOS 2021 admission will have to upload the scanned copy of documents. Given below is the list of documents required for online admission:
- Aadhaar card or ration card or other identity proof.
- Birth certificate
- Address proof i.e. Aadhaar card/water bill/electricity bill/voter ID/ration card
- Signature ( in black ink)
- Recent passport size colour photograph
- Class 8th mark sheet for students applying for the NIOS 10th or secondary course
- class 10th mark sheet to apply for 12th exams 2021
- Disability certificate for PwD candidates
- Caste certificate for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- Ex-serviceman certificate for candidates applying under Ex-serviceman category
NIOS Online Admission 2021 Application Fee
Candidates have to pay the application fee to confirm the submission of the application form. Check the category-wise application fee in detail from the table given below:
|Course||General Category||Exempted Category|
Persons with Disabilities(PWD)
|Secondary Course(Class 10th)|
|(i) For 5 subjects||Rs. 1800/-||Rs. 1450/-||Rs. 1200/-|
|(ii) For each additional subject||Rs. 720/-||Rs. 720/-||Rs. 720/-|
|Senior Secondary Course(Class 12th)|
|(i) For 5 Subjects||Rs. 2000/-||Rs. 1650/-||Rs. 1300/-|
|(ii) For each additional subject||Rs. 720/-||Rs. 720/-||Rs. 720/-|
Fee for Dual Enrolment / Part Admission / TOC (Stream -1)
|S.No||Course||Fees (in rupees)|
|1||Secondary and Sr. Secondary Registration fee (Per subject)||Rs. 480/-|
|2||Secondary, cost of Course Material for each Subject||Rs. 360/-|
|3||Senior Secondary, cost of Course Material for each Subject||Rs. 400/-|
Fee for Streams – 2, 3 and 4
|Registration fee (Stream 2,3 and 4)||Fees (in rupees)|
|Secondary and Sr. Secondary (per subject) Stream 2,3 and 4 for all categories||Rs. 480/- (per subject)|
Transfer of Credit (TOC) Fee for all Streams
|TOC Fee for||Fees (in rupees)|
|Secondary and Sr. Secondary (per subject)||Rs. 180/- (per subject)|
Change of subject / additional subject for All Streams
|S.No||Fees for Change of subject / additional subject||Fees (in rupees)|
|1||Secondary Courses (per subject)||Rs. 720/-|
|1||Sr. Secondary Courses (per subject)||Rs. 720/-|
|In addition to above Fee, Rs. 50/- (Rs. Fifty Only) will be added as cost of online Application Form for all Streams (Stream 1, 2, 3 and 4).|
Applicants can pay the application fee through the online modes mentioned below:
- Through Credit Card /Debit Card/Net Banking.
- In case admission is done through Common Services Centres, the fee can be paid via Electronic Wallet of CSCs.
How to Apply for NIOS Admission Online 2021?
Candidates can refer to the below-given steps to fill the NIOS Admission 2021 Application form.
- Visit the official website of NIOS i.e.sdmis.nios.ac.in/.
- Then click on the link ” Register”.
- Read the instruction given and then select state and Identity type and enter the Identity number and course applying for.
- Now click on the submit button and proceed further.
Filling Application form
- After completion of the registration, process candidates have to fill the application form by entering the basic details, address and other information.
- Enter the appropriate details and then submit it.
- After filling the application form candidates have to upload the scanned copy of the documents mentioned above as per the prescribed format and then submit it.
Review application form
After uploading the documents candidates are advised to review the form carefully and ensure the accuracy of the details.
Then proceed or fee payment if detail entered is correct or else edit the incorrect details.
- After the completion of the above steps, candidates have to pay the application fee and have to confirm the submission of the application form.
- Now, candidates can track their NIOS admission status online and are advised to take a print of the application form.
NIOS Online Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the NIOS application form, candidates must check the eligibility criteria. Given below is the National Institute of Open Schooling admission eligibility criteria:
For Secondary Course (10th Class):
- Age limit: The candidate must be of 14 years of age as on 31st July 2021 for the block I
- Education Qualification: Candidates must have passed class VIII from any recognized Board.
For Senior Secondary Course (12th Class):
- Age Limit: Candidate must be of 15 years to apply for Senior Secondary Course as on 31st July 2021 (born on or before 31.07.2004).
- Education Qualification: The candidate must have passed the Secondary course (10th) from any recognised Board.
Documents Required while registering for the Admission to Secondary and Senior Secondary courses
The candidates need to have Scanned copy/soft copy (jpg, jpeg files) of the given below documents which will be required to be uploaded while registering for the Admission to Secondary and Senior Secondary courses?
|Recent Passport size color Photograph|
|Signature (preferably in Black Ink)|
|Valid identity proof (like Aadhaar Card or Passport or Ration card or etc.)|
|Valid proof of Date of Birth (like an Aadhaar Card with date of birth printed on it in the dd/mm/yyyy format, Birth Certificate etc.)|
|A valid proof of Residence (like an Aadhaar Card with a complete address printed on it, a valid Passport etc.).|
|Address proof i.e. Aadhaar Card/Water Bill/Electricity Bill/Voter ID/Ration Card/Indian|
Passport/Statement of Operational Bank Account/Appointment Letter from the Employer on Printed Letter Head, if living in rented accommodation – copy of any proof of permanent address along with present Rented Agreement
|Class 8th marksheet (in case of secondary course) or class 10th marksheet (in case of senior secondary course)|
|Social category/Caste certificate (in case the learner belongs to SC/ST/OBC social category).o Ex-serviceman certificate (in case he/she is an Ex-serviceman)|
|Disability certificate (in case he/she is having any kind of disability)|
|Fail Mark sheet of previous Board, failing which Transfer of Credit (TOC) marks will not be updated in NIOS result|
- Open Basic Education (OBE) (A level, B level, C level equivalent to Class III, V, VIII respectively of formal Education) courses are offered through Accredited Agencies (AAs).
- Secondary – leading to Secondary School Certificate.
- Sr. Secondary – leading to Senior Secondary School Certificate.
- Open Vocational Education.
- Life Enrichment Programmes.
NIOS Online Admission 2021 Important Links
Click to apply for NIOS Online Admission 2021
NIOS Online Admission 2021 Highlights
|Admission Name||NIOS Online Admission 2021|
|Conducting body||National Institute of Open Schooling|
National Institute of Open Schooling
The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) formerly known as National Open School (NOS). NIOS was established by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India under National Policy on Education 1986 in November 1989.
Approx 2.71 Million students are enrolled in its secondary and senior secondary distance learning programmes at NIOS centers, Out of which, Students are enrolled in Secondary – 46%, Senior Secondary – 49%, and in Vocational – 5% courses.
Read NIOS is a Recognised Board Here.