NID 2020 Admit Card has been released for DAT Mains(Online Interview) for B.Des/GDPD. NID is also known as the National Institute of Design. Online Interview is starting from 22 June 2020. This entrance exam is conducted by the National Institute of Design (NID) itself. It offers admission into UG & PG design courses in the different institution and its affiliated campuses. NID conducts NID DAT and GDPD exam. National Institute of Design Design Aptitude Test exam offers admission into four years of (B. Des) & (M. Des) programmes. Whereas, the Graduate Diploma Programme in Design offers admission into National Institute Design Vijayawada and Kurukshetra. Interested candidate can go through the following article for the detailed information regarding the NID 2020 entrance exam.
- NID 2020 Admit Card has been released.
NID Entrance Exam 2020 Important Dates
The detailed information regarding NID entrance exam is given in the table below.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
|Online Registration Starts||01 October 2019|
|Online Registration Closes||21 November 2019|
|Submission of form with late fee||21 November 2019|
|Edit Application Form||21 – 23 November 2019|
|DAT Prelims Admit Card release||20 December 2019|
|DAT Prelims Exam||29 December 2019|
|Answer key release||February 2020|
|DAT Prelims Result (M.Des)||21 Febuary 2020|
|DAT Prelims Result (B.Des)||19 March 2020|
|Rechecking request on DAT prelim||20 – 23 March 2020 (B.Des) & 18 – 21 February 2020 (M.Des)|
|DAT (Mains) Admit Card (M.Des)||02 march 2020|
|DAT (Mains) Admit Card (B.Des)||20 June 2020|
|DAT Mains Exam (M.Des)||Second week of March to second week of April 2020|
|DAT Mains Exam (B.Des) – Online Interactions||From 22 June 2020|
|DAT Mains Result||June 2020|
|Counselling Starts||July 2020|
These are the official dates of the NID Exam.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NID 2020 Entrance Exam: Interview (From 22 June), Dates, Admission - Admissions
NID Entrance Exam 2020 Admit Card
The details regarding the admit card for DAT Main (B.Des/GDPD) are given below:
- National Institute of Design has released the Design Aptitude Test hall ticket on 20 June 2020.
- The admit card is released in online mode.
- Candidates can download the NID DAT Hall ticket from the official website of the NID.
- The candidate will need to enter the registration id and password to download the result.
- Without the admit card, candidate will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
Note: Admit Cards will be available for download on the NID website (http://admissions.nid.edu/) as per the schedule. It is the responsibility of the candidates to download and print there own admit card.
NID DAT 2020 Sample Paper
Sample paper of National Insitute of Design – Design Aptitude Test 2020 (NID 2020) is officially been made available. Aspiring candidates can download it from the official website of the NID. The sample which has been released is for B.Des/GDPD & M.Des courses.
NID Application Form 2020
It is informed all applicants to fill the application form carefully as per the guidelines are given in the information brochure.
- Applicants have to register on the website first to fill the further application form.
- The online NID application form 2020 has been started from 01 October 2019.
- Applicants are allowed to fill the application form till the 18 November 2019 (Extended).
- After successful registration, the Applicant has to fill all the required details carefully.
- The applicant also has to upload the photograph and signature along with required documents in JPG/JPEG format.
- The last date to submit the printed application form is 13 November 2019.
- The payment through offline mode can be done by preparing a Demand draft of the amount in favour of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at New Delhi.
- Applicants those will submit the application form through offline mode, they have to send the DD along with a printout of the filled application form to the address:
- The Project Manager–CMS
- All India Management Association Management House,
- 14, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110 003, India
Exam Application Fee
Applicants can check application fee for B. Des and M. Des. It is mention below. The application fee can be paid either online or offline (DD) mode. The application fee will be neither refundable nor transferable.
|Category||B. Des and GDPD||M.Des (1 Discipline)||M.Des (2 Discipline)|
National Institute of Design (NID) Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must check eligibility criteria before submitting the application form. The eligibility criteria of B. Des and M. Des is given below separately.
For B. Des/GDPD (Bachelor of Design (B.Des. or B.Design)
|Age Limit:||There is Upper age limit will be 20 years as on June 2020. And 3 years of age relaxation for OBC-NCL/SC/ST and 5 years for PwD candidates|
|Qualifying Exam:||Applicant must Pass 10+2 qualifying examination in the academic year 2020 in any stream (Science, Arts, Commerce, etc.) from any recognized board of education such as CBSE, IB, ICSE or their equivalent are eligible to apply.|
For M. Des (Master of Design (MDes, M.Des. or M.Design)
|Age Limit:||There is a maximum age limit to apply is years as on June 2020. 3 years of age relaxation for OBC-NCL/SC/ST and 5 years for PwD candidates.|
|Qualifying Exam:||Candidate should have a bachelor degree of minimum 4-year duration in any specialization, after 10+2, from any university or institute recognized by law in India.
Bachelor degree of 3 years in any specialization, after 10+2 system.
Full-time Diploma of 4 years in Design/Fine Arts/Applied Arts/ Architecture, under 10+2 system.
How to Apply the National Institute of Design (NID) 2020?
Candidates needed to refer the steps below to smoothly complete their Application process. Follow the steps which are mentioned below.
- Visit the official website of the National Institute of Design.
- After that, Register using email ID and contact number.
- Enter all the details of the candidate and pay the requisite application fees.
- Upload recent passport size coloured photo and scanned signature of the applicant.
- Fees Payment can be made through either net banking or Debit/ Credit Card.
- After Fee payment, candidates may submit the application form.
- Also, take a printout of the application form for further use.
Following documents will require at the time of filling the application.
- Marks sheet of class 10th and 12th
- Birth certificate
- Reservation category certificate
- PwD certificate
NID 2020 Entrance Exam Admit Card
- The applicants can get the admit card through the online mode only.
- It will not be sent to any candidate by post or courier.
- The NID admit card 2020 for B. Des/GDPD and M. Des will be released on 19 December 2019.
NID 2020 Entrance Exam Syllabus
The National Institute of Design will not provide any specific syllabus for NID entrance exam. However, the applicants can go through the topics such as Elements & Principles of Design, Innovation in Design, Creative thinking & writing, Visual Logic, Colour Terminology, Design Theory, Optical Illusion, Usage of colour in Compositions, 3D Visualization, etc.
NID 2020 Entrance Exam Pattern
This is the common information for B. Des, GDPD and M. Des.
|Mode||The exam will be held through offline mode.|
|Duration||DAT prelims will be of approx. 3 hours.|
|Maximum Marks||The entire question paper will be of 100 marks.|
|Language||The exam will be asked in English mode only.|
|Negative Marking||There is no negative marking in the examination.|
|DAT Mains||The applicants those will qualify in DAT prelims will be selected for DAT Mains exam.|
The paper will be consisting of two parts:
|Part I||70 Marks||MCQs with one or more than one correct answer.|
|Part II||Marks||Subjective questions with visual or written format answers|
NID 2020 Entrance Exam Answer Key
The applicants can get the official answer key after the completion of the exam. NID Answer key 2020 will be declared after the few days of the written examination. It will be released by the institution through online mode.
With the help of answer key, candidates can calculate the marks they will be obtained in the exam. Applicants can also send their objection regarding official answer key if any.
NID 2020 Entrance Exam Result
The detailed information regarding NID entrance exam is given below.
- NID result 2020 has been announced on 21 Febuary 2020 for M.Des programmes respectively.
- Applicants can check their result and score through online mode.
- Scorecards will not be mail to any applicant by post.
The merit list will also be prepared by the institution for each course category-wise, based on the sum total of the weighted scores obtained by the candidate at each stage of the admissions process.
National Institute of Design Admission
The seats will be allotted to the applicants on the basis of availability of seats in the participating institutions. NID 2020 Admission Process will be conducted by offline mode. To be eligible for the seat allotment, applicants have to upload their documents on the institution website for verification. All the documents should be uploaded before the last date of submission of documents verification. Otherwise, the admission of the applicant will be cancelled.
For more information regarding JEE Main 2020.
Official Site: http://admissions.nid.edu