The countdown for most of the engineering examinations has begun. Most of the students across the country are brushing up on their revision for JEE Main 2020. Qualifying JEE Main 2020 and scoring high is necessary to get admissions in prestigious colleges in India of own choice with the branch of choice. It is very necessary to know exactly what to study and how to study. The JEE Main (formerly known as AIEEE) is not only looking into the understanding of the subject but also problem-solving skills under pressure. The level of competition being sky high it is essential that the aspirants set themselves apart from the rest. The aspiring candidates must read the below article for complete and detailed information related to JEE Main 2020 Revision Tips.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
Latest Update: JEE Main Online Application Form for January session has been started from 03 September 2019. Click here> Application Form.
JEE Main 2020 Revision Tips
For acing the JEE exam, the candidates need to have a planned and well-executed preparation strategy that involves a lot of self-studies and smart work.
Here are Top JEE Main 2020 Revision Tips that will help the applicants to clear the JEE Main exam with high score.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about JEE Main 2020 Revision Tips: Joint Entrance Examination
Selective Revision: The JEE Main exam covers almost all the topics that have been given in the syllabus. But it is difficult to cover everything during revision. So pick up the most important topics and brush them up.
JEE Main 2020 Revision Tips – Important Topics in Physics
- Mechanics – Kinematics and Dynamics
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Waves and Sound
- Properties of Matter
- Current Electricity
- Theory of Fields – Electromagnetism
- Modern Physics
- Practical Physics
JEE Main 2020 Revision Tips – Important Topics in Chemistry
- Simply put, Chemistry is divided broadly into Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Inorganic Chemistry. Priority is Physical Chemistry, then Inorganic, and then Organic Chemistry.
- If the candidates have prepared well for all those in Class XI and Class XII, then while revision, focus on Physical.
- To revise for Organic Chemistry, go through the reaction charts and remember all the reaction chains.
JEE Main 2020 Revision Tips – Important Topics in Mathematics
- Coordinate Geometry
- Permutation and Combination
Refer fewer books for theory: NCERT books are best for understanding theory and covering the JEE Main syllabus. Don’t pick up books by foreign authors to read the theory portions. After NCERT, preparation can be done by books like HC Verma for Physics, OP Tandon, P Bahadur for Chemistry and RD Sharma for Mathematics
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
JEE Main Exam Pattern for Paper I and Paper II
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted in Computer Based mode (online) only.
- Duration of the Exam: The total time duration for the exam will be 3 hours.
- Subjects: Questions in the exam will be asked from the prescribed syllabus of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Total Number of questions: There will be a total of 90 questions in the exam. Each section will consist of 30 questions each.
- Type of questions: In the exam, only objective type questions will be asked. This means that each question will have four options out of which one will be correct.
- Marking scheme: Each correct answer in the exam will be given 4 marks, whereas every wrong answer will get (-1) mark while answers with no responses will be given no marks.
- Total marks awarded: The total marks in the exam will be 360.
- Language / Medium of question paper: All the candidates appearing will be given an option to attempt JEE Main exam in English or Hindi except for candidates from Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli who can opt for Gujarati.
- Mode of Exam: Mathematics and Aptitude test will be computer-based mode while drawing test will be conducted in pen and paper mode.
- Duration of the exam-The total time allotted for the exam is three hours
- Subjects: Question will be asked from Mathematics, General Aptitude, and Drawing skills
- Total Number of Questions: There will be a total of 82 questions, 30 questions from Mathematics, 50 from Aptitude and 2 from Drawing
- Type of Questions: Maths and Aptitude will be objective type while drawing section will have questions to test the drawing and sketching skills of candidates
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded to each correct answer, whereas every wrong answer will attract (-1) mark. Unattempted answers will be given no marks.
- Total Marks Awarded: The total marks in the exam will be of 390 marks
- Medium of Question Paper: English or Hindi (Candidates from Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli can opt for Gujarati)
Plan and Revise: Chart out a plan beforehand and adhere to it. Mark on the calendar the topics required to cover. Just keep 3-4 days blank as these days might be necessary as extra time to cover certain topics. For just a day prior to the exam, do not keep a very difficult topic as that might only escalate nervousness.
Use notes now: If a candidate thinks he/she can pick up a new book to help him/her out now, it is wrong. The last moment revision calls for self-made flashcards or notes. So, it is necessary for students to keep notes for each subject in their own handwriting. During revision, studying from self-written notes has always proved to be more effective than books.
Solve mock tests: Use this time to get prepared for the hands-on experience. If an aspirant has already solved previous year papers, solve JEE Main Mock Tests online. Also remember that whenever solving mock tests, try to do it within the time limit. Speed is the most important factor that can determine the score.
JEE Main Revision is the most important part of the preparation now. So do it right and crack the exam!
Plan your weekly and daily timetable: It is not humanly possible to finish the complete syllabus in a day. So unless a student is a flash don’t think that “Today I will finish the entire syllabus!”
Make a weekly timetable in which precisely note down the chapters to solve from so-and-so book; the number of sample papers to solve and revision. Also, create a day-wise timetable outlining important subjects for study and goals.
Do not get tensed frequently: Be happy and stay calm. Any engineering entrance exam is not the end of the world. The candidates need to stay focused and repeatedly tell themselves that they can do it!
Ignore pesky and bothersome relatives or so-called well-wishers who keep bothering about marks or taunting about performance.
Give Best and Work Hard.
The official website of JEE Main 2020 is www.nta.ac.in.
Stay tuned with EntranceZone for more updates and information related to JEE Main 2020.