APSET 2020 Answer key has been announced on the official website. APSET 2020 Application Form can be filled until 05 October 2020 without a late fee. AP SET 2020 Application Form filling Date has been extended till 11th November 2020 with the late fee of 5000/-. Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2020 is scheduled to be held on 06 December 2020. SET is an eligibility test to apply for a position of Assistant Professor at Universities in Andhra Pradesh, India. The exam is performed based on the subjects opted and only those candidates are eligible who have Postgraduation in the specific subject. This entrance exam is a State-Level Entrance Exam conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of Government of Andhra Pradesh held Once in a year. In this article, the candidates will get to know about the complete details and notifications of the APSET 2020.
- APSET 2020 Result has announced.
- Conducting authority released the APSET Answer Key 2020
- APSET 2020 has been scheduled to be held on 20 December 2020.
- The last date for Submission of Online Applications without a late fee is 05 October 2020.
- The last date to apply with a late fee of Rs 1000 is 12 October, with Rs 2000 is 21 October & with a fee of Rs 5000 is 11 November 2020.
APSET 2020 Important Dates
Candidates can check here all the important dates in the table given below:
APSET 2020 Schedule
|Notification||10 August 2020|
|Application process (without late fee)||05 October 2020|
|Application process (with late fee of Rs 1,000)||12 October 2020|
|Application process (with late fee of Rs 2,000)||21 October 2020|
|Application process (with late fee of Rs 5,000)||11 November 2020|
|Admit card||12 December 2020|
|APSET exam||20 December 2020|
|Preliminary answer key||Announced|
|Final answer key||Available|
|Result||22 February 2021|
|Cutoff list||22 February 2021|
APSET 2020 Results
APSET 2020 Results are announced after the evaluation and assessment of papers. Through it, candidates get to know both, their scores and their qualifying status. Some Important pieces of information regarding APSET 2020 results are described below:
- Results are declared in both mode:
- List of a qualified candidate is published or,
- Log In Using the Credentials.
- The published list contains Roll. No. of qualified candidates.
- The Logging In using the credentials gives Candidates complete performance detail.
APSET 2020 Counselling
APSET 2020 selection process will be as per the rules and regulations set by the University Grants Commission (UGC). As per UGC, only 6% of candidates who have cleared the APSET 2020 exam shall be declared eligible to became Assistant Professor in colleges or universities across the state. The detailed selection procss and criteria of APSET 2020 is given below:
First the candidates have to bring their certificates for the verification process. The candidates can attend the certificate verification in any of the following centres -
- Andhra University Distance Education Centre
- Acharya Nagarjuna University
- Sri Krishnadeveraya University
- Sri Venkateswara University
APSET 2020 Application Form
The Application Form of APSET 2020 has been released on 14 August 2020 and can be filled till 19 September 2020. The candidates can check the important details regarding application form which are provided below:
- Registration forms will be available on the official website where candidates can apply for APSET 2020 in online mode only.
- Candidate can visit the official website for filling APSET 2020 form online. It is advised to follow the below instructions while filling up the application form.
- The Applicants must go through the eligibility criteria & requirements before going for the registration process.
- Click on the Register Link on APSET website to start the registration process.
- Candidates can register by providing the basic information.
- Registered Candidates will receive an email notification to their registered email id with their application number, password and the link to complete the application form.
- Once Candidates got registered, Log In using the login credentials.
- Fill in the remaining details i.e, Personal details, Education Qualifications, Choice of Examination centre and hit "Submit".
- A summary along with the complete amount payable will be presented. Candidates will be redirected to the payment gateway page by clicking on the "Make Payment" link
- Make Fee Payment via Net Banking/Debit card/Credit card.
- On successful completion of the form and payment, the candidate can download the online application form.
- All future communications will be done only to the registered email ID.
APSET 2020 Application Fee
Mode of Payment: The application fee of AP State Eligibility Test can be paid online mode via Credit card/Debit card/Internet Banking.
The Application Fee for APSET 2020 for the applicants belonging to different categories are given in the table below:
APSET Application Fee
|Applicant's Category||Fee |
|General/ EWS Category Applicants||Rs. 1200 + Service Charges|
|For BC-A, BC-B, BC-C, BC-D, BC-E Category Applicants||Rs. 1000 + Service Charges|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs. 700 + Service Charges|
NOTE: The Fee is non-refundable at any circumstances.
APSET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before Applying for the APSET 2020, the candidates must go through all the APSET 2020 eligibility required for the application.
- There are no upper age limits for the applicants.
The list of required qualification is mentioned hereby:
- Candidates should have completed your Master's degree with at least 55% marks without rounding off.
- If Candidates belong to the category Backward Classes/ Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with Disability (PWD), Candidates should have marks of at least 50%.
- If Candidates still have to finish your Master's degree, candidates can also appear in APSET 2020. Candidates should, however, finish Masters with required marks within two years of the date of APSET result.
- PhD degree holders who have finished PG by 19 September 1991 are eligible for 5% relaxation.
- Candidates belonging to the transgender category would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for SET (i.e. Assistant Professor) as are available to SC/ST/PwD categories. The subject wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD/BC categories in the corresponding subject.
APSET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the APSET 2020 Exam Pattern before starting their preparation so that they have a clear idea of several questions to be asked, exam mode, time duration and so on. The complete format of APSET Exam Pattern 2020 is given below:
|Mode of Examination||Online mode (Computer Based Test).|
|Questions Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).|
|Time Duration: ||3 hours(180 minutes)|
|Medium of Question Paper|| English and Telugu Language |
+ 2 marks for every correct answer
-1 mark will be deducted for the wrong answer.
The APSET 2020 Exam Constitutes Two Papers, which is held one after another, on a single day. Exam Pattern of Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2020 is specified in a table below:
APSET Paper Pattern
|Paper||Subjects ||No. of Questions||Marks||Timings|
|Paper 1||Common for all Applicants||50||100|
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
|Paper 2||Subject was chosen||100||200||11:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
APSET 2020 Syllabus
The candidates can check the APSET syllabus
to prepare accordingly for the examination. AP State Eligibility Test syllabus has been released by the official authority - Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
Syllabus for both the Paper 1 and Paper 2 is given below:
APSET Syllabus for PAPER 1 - General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude
The unit wise syllabus for Paper 1 is mentioned below:
- Unit 1 - Teaching Aptitude
- Unit 2 - Research Aptitude
- Unit 3 - Comprehension
- Unit 4 - Communication
- Unit 5 - Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- Unit 6 - Logical Reasoning
- Unit 7 - Data Interpretation
- Unit 8 - Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Unit 9 - People, Development and Environment
- Unit 10 - Higher Education System
NOTE: (i) Five questions each carrying 2 marks are to be set from each Module.
(ii) Whenever graphical/pictorial question(s) are set for sighted candidates, a passage followed by equal the number of questions and weight be set for visually impaired candidates.
APSET Syllabus for PAPER 2
The syllabus of Paper 2 consists of 30 subjects out of which candidates have to choose any one subject to appear for the exam. The list of 30 subjects is given below:
APSET Paper 2 Subjects
|5||Computer Science & Application|
|9||Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Science|
|13||Journalism and Mass Communications|
|16||Library and Information Science|
APSET 2020 Admit Card
APSET 2020 Admit Card is released on the official website of the conducting body. Candidates can check the details about APSET Hall Ticket given below:
- Admit card will be released by the official authority through online mode only.
- To download the admit card, candidates have to log in with application number, password and security key.
- After downloading, a candidate must take a printout of the same for carrying it to the examination centre.
- The seat will be randomly allotted to the candidate on completing the procedure.
- Candidates found carrying any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers or any other material except those mentioned above inside examination Hall will be debarred from appearing the examination.
- Mobile Phones, Bluetooth devices, Calculators, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic Watches with facilities of Calculator are not allowed in the Examination Hall. Possession of such items during the Examinations may lead to cancellation of candidature.
- No candidate, without the special permission of the Centre-in-Charge, will leave his/her seat or Examination Hall until the duration of examination is over.
Andhra University will conduct AP SET 2020 exam at Test centres in 6 regional areas such as:
APSET 2020 Reservation Policy
The reservation policy for APSET slot allocation is given below:
APSET 2020 Cut Off
Cut Off for Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test is determined after result declaration based on the exam level, the number of candidates and so on. APSET 2020 cut off will be available after result declaration till then candidates can check the last year cut off given below:
APSET Cut Off
Where, UR - Unreserved Category, BC - Backward Classes, SC - Scheduled Caste, ST - Scheduled Tribe.
APSET 2020 Answer Key
APSET Answer Key will be published on the official website, so candidates can easily get a rough idea of their test scores. The published answer key for all sets (A, B, C, D) of paper 1, and for all subjects a few days after the commencement of the exam at the official website.
- Candidates can also challenge the Answer Key, if any type of doubt arises.
- Afte evaluate all objection authority will release updated answer key.
- Then result will be declared on the basis of the final updated answer key.
APSET 2020 Highlights (Basic Information)
The vital information regarding APSET 2020
Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET 2020)
APSET Official website
To offer Job of Assistant Professor in Universities of Andhra Pradesh
Stay connected to Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET 2020) conducted by Andhra University.