APSET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
will be published by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
The candidates must check the eligibility criteria of APSET before applying for the examination. This exam is a State-Level Entrance Exam conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of Government of Andhra Pradesh. APSET 2021
is performed based on the subjects opted and only those candidates are eligible who have Postgraduation in the specific subject he/she is applying for. Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2021 will be held in October 2021.
Candidates can go through the article given below to check the complete APSET 2021 Eligibility for the examination.
APSET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the APSET Application form 2021, the candidates must go through all the APSET 2021 eligibility criteria required for the application to avoid the rejection of the application in further process.
The candidates must check the complete eligibility criteria of AP State Eligibility Test 2021 given below:
Age Limit for APSET
- There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for the test.
Educational Qualification For APSET
The list of required qualification is mentioned below:
- Those candidates are eligible for the test who have secured a minimum of 55% (General Category) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC.
- If a candidate belongs to any of the category namely Backward Classes (BC)/Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with Disability (PwD) must have secured a minimum of 50% in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC.
- Those candidates who are currently pursuing their Master's degree or equivalent course or have appeared for the final year qualifying the exam of Master's degree but the result is not declared yet or been delayed can also apply for the test.
- However, candidates should finish Masters with required marks within two years of the date of APSET result.
- The same relaxation as available to SC/ST/PwD categories in fee, age and qualifying criteria for APSET is also applicable for the candidates belonging to the transgender category.
- The PhD degree holders candidates who have completed their Master's level examination by 19 September 1991 are also eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks.
- Candidates are supposed to appear in exam only through their Post Graduation subject and in case Post Graduation subject is not mentioned in the list of the SET subject may appear in related subjects.
Important Information About APSET 2021 Eligibility
- Candidates do not need to send any certificate in support of their eligibility or the printout of their application form to APSET office.
- However, candidates must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the exam as in case, any ineligibility is being detected by the APSET official authority at any stage of the procedure, then that candidate will be disqualified and shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates can also ascertain the equivalence of their post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/ institute with Master's degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), NewDelhi.
- The candidates who will qualify the APSET exam will be eligible to apply as an Assistant Professor only in the universities/ colleges situated in the Andhra Pradesh state from where they have cleared their AP State Eligibility Test.
- The candidates who have already qualified the APSET/UGC NET are not eligible to apply in the same subject they have qualified earlier.