Assam JMEE 2023 i.e. Assam Joint MCA Entrance Examination is conducted by Assam Science and Technology University, Guwahati. The entrance test is conducted annually at the state level to offer MCA (Master of Computer Applications) courses in Assam. Candidates can check the eligibility and fill the application form before the last date. Thje application form os Assam JMEE 2023 will be available online. Candidates will have to register online and pay the application fees through the candidates portal. JMEE is a state-level exam and below mentioned are the institutes offering MCA in Assam:
- Assam Engineering College, Guwahati
- Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat
- Girijananda Institute of Management and Technology, Guwahati
Applicants can read the complete article to know more about Assam JMEE 2023.
Assam JMEE 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check the JMEE 2023 exam status from the below table:
Assam Joint MCA Entrance Examination
Assam Joint MCA Entrance Examination 2023 notification
|Official notification is to be released|
|Yet to Announce|
|yet to Release|
|yet to be available|
What is Assam JMEE ?
The Assam Joint MCA Entrance Examination (Assam JMEE) is an entrance examination for admission to the Master of Computer Applications (MCA) courses in the Colleges/Institutes of Assam. The exam is conducted by Gauhati University and consistsof questions from Mathematics, Logical Reasoning & Computer Fundamentals, and English Language & Communications Skills.
Assam JMEE 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the important dates for Assam JMEE 2023 from below.
Assam JMEE 2023 Schedule(tentative)
|Availability of online application form||April 2023|
|Last date for submitting the application form||May 2023|
|Issuance of Admit Card||June 2023|
|JMEE exam date||June 2023|
|Declaration of Result||July 2023|
|Dates of Counselling shall begin from||To be notified|
Assam JMEE 2023 Application Form
Assam JMEE 2023 Application Form will be released in July tentatively. The forms can be filled on the official website of the conducting body before the last date of the final submission. Below mentioned guidelines must be followed by the candidates to not make any mistakes:
- Scanned copy of candidate’s recent photograph (Color)
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s signature (Either blue or black pen)
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Father/Mother signature (Either blue or black pen)
- Create an email account (one email ID for each candidate will only be considered valid).
- The mobile number must be given in basic detail. (as all the important details will be forwarded via email/SMS).
- All red star fields are mandatory and must not be left empty otherwise the form will not get submitted.
- The candidates must fill the form correctly to avoid the cancellation of candidature at any point in time.
- No correction can be made at a later stage after the submission of an application. No change will be accepted through Post/Fax/ email / by hand etc., no change in the category will be entertained after the last date of the application form.
Assam JMEE 2023 Application Fee
Assam JMEE 2023 Application fee details along with the mode of payment are mentioned below:
- An Application Fee of Rs 1000/- (Rupees One thousand only) is to be paid online using “State Bank Collect” which facilitates payment through Debit Card/ Credit Card/Net Banking. ASTU shall not accept hard copies of the Application and any other documents. Everything needs to done using the online platform.
- There is no relaxation on the fee for any category student and is uniform for all the applicants.
Assam JMEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Assam JMEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria is mentioned below for the applicants which must be strictly followed by all the candidates failing to which if found at any stage of admission, the candidature shall be cancelled.
- Age Limit: Age should be between 20 to 26 years.
- Qualification requirements: Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of Minimum 3 years duration with Mathematics at 10+2 level or Graduation. The candidate must have passed Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level or Graduation.
- At least 50% marks must be scored in the Qualifying Degree Examination (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) Candidates appearing in their final examination may also apply.
- Provisional admission shall be permitted (final year appearing applicants) provided that the student gives an undertaking that he/she shall be able to provide the final mark sheet/ certificate of qualifying examination within 2 months of taking admission failing which the admission of the student shall automatically stand cancelled.
- Candidates seeking provisional admission shall have to clear all subjects up to the 5th Semester in degree level. These students will have to produce all mark sheets up to the 5th semester for verification during the time of Counselling failing to which their candidature will be cancelled.
Assam JMEE 2023 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Assam JMEE Exam Pattern 2023 is given below:
Assam JMEE Paper Pattern
Mode of Exam
Offline (Pen & Paper)
The medium of exam
Number of Questions
Duration of Examination
180 minutes (3 hours)
Type of Questions
Medium of examination
+4 for Correct and -1 for Incorrect
Check the subject-wise distribution of marks given in the table below:
Assam JMEE Marks Distribution
Fundamental of Computers
Assam JMEE 2023 Syllabus
Following are the topics included in the Assam JMEE 2023 Syllabus.
- Fundamentals of computers
Assam JMEE 2023 Admit Card
Assam JMEE 2023 Admit Card will be released on the official website. All the candidates must download and print their admit card without which their appearance in the examination is not possible. Below mentioned guidelines must be followed by all the candidates:
- The Candidate will be able to download Assam JMEE admit card 2023 from the University website www.astu.ac.in by entering his/her Application Form number/User name and Password generated during the online submission of the Application.
- All applicants must bring a photo ID proof which could be any of the ones mentioned below:
- Aadhaar ID
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Passport in original
- Visit the examination centre if unfamiliar with the location so that the candidate can avoid reaching late or to the wrong centre.
- Applicants are requested to get their details rectified if found incorrect in the admit card.
- The issue of hall ticket enables the candidate to appear in the Examination only and does not imply that the candidate satisfies all the requirements for admission to the course for which the candidate has appeared in the examination.
Assam JMEE 2023 Result
Assam JMEE 2023 Result will be posted online on the official website of the conducting body and all the candidates must download their scorecards if they happen to qualify for the examination. The scorecard would only be generated for qualified candidates. No score/rank card will be dispatched to the candidates, hence they will have to download it.
Assam JMEE 2023 Counseling
ASSAM JMEE 2023 Counseling will commence after the result declaration. Candidates who are absent during the Counseling will be considered ineligible for admission and their seats would be made available in the General pool quota.
- Candidates called for Counseling should reach the venue on the scheduled date and time as mentioned on the University Website along with the result of the entrance test.
- No separate information will be sent to any of the eligible candidates and under any circumstances.
Assam JMEE 2023 Highlights
Check all the information related to Assam JMEE 2023 examination given in the table below:
Assam JMEE 2023 Basic Details
Assam Joint MCA Entrance Examination
Assam JMEE 2023
Assam Science and Technology University, Guwahati
Assam JMEE Official website
To filter applicants based on their performance in the entrance exam for MCA courses.
About Assam Science and Technology University, Guwahati
Assam Science and Technology University is a state university located in Assam. It was established in 2010 by the Assam Government under the Assam Science and Technology University Act 2009. The university offers Bachelor courses are typically four or three years of study; master courses are typically two or three years.